Lorde returns with a music video for new song "Solar Power"

What are your thoughts?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:07 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Lorde_SolarPower_Cover_Final.jpgUpdate: it has been released along with the music video! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Lorde fans, rejoice! #L3 is coming, and it's coming sooner than we thought...

giphy.giflorde.jpg.1ba4c152272472c699d4be80b6ad88dc.jpg

She has also confirmed via e-mail that the album will indeed be called Solar Power as well:

A celebration of nature. That's something I'm super here for and makes me even more excited and impatient. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

lorde-2.jpg

The song sounds so much like George Michael , Freedom but toned down ...

Ok why is it the trend lately to make the production as minimal as possible? Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, and Taylor Swift are all doing it. 3/4 of these artists have been working with Jack Antonoff, so maybe it’s his fault. 

Lana, Lorde, and Billie are some of my favorite artists and it really sucks seeing your faves releasing music that literally makes you feel nothing. Like none of the stuff they’re releasing is bad. I don’t dislike it. It just makes me feel nothing. I feel no connection whatsoever.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Stefani said:

The song is mellow, but that makes it so boring tbh. I was never particularly keen on Lorde even when she debuted, but damn this makes me miss 2013 back when she had an edge to her. Pure Heroine was amazing compared to her latest work (yes I'm counting Melodrama, which I thought was mediocre. Come fight me). 

I will fight you :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning: I love pure heroine, but melodrama is stronger bop after bop :gagaf_wtf_dance_green_um_random:

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Ok why is it the trend lately to make the production as minimal as possible? Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, and Taylor Swift are all doing it. 3/4 of these artists have been working with Jack Antonoff, so maybe it’s his fault. 

Lana, Lorde, and Billie are some of my favorite artists and it really sucks seeing your faves releasing music that literally makes you feel nothing. Like none of the stuff they’re releasing is bad. I don’t dislike it. It just makes me feel nothing. I feel no connection whatsoever.

True :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: I don't dislike but I was expecting tennis court 2.0 

Its very simple and subdued. Lorde is my go-to when I need something moody and dramatic so this is new territory for her. It's not that I don't welcome her going in a different direction but bright and airy is just not my vibe in general. I'm gonna stay open minded about the rest of the album, hopefully this is is just her invitation moment and at least some of the tracks have an actual pulse to them.

On 6/11/2021 at 3:43 PM, Urbanney said:

Sounds like you need some Marina in your life :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block