What are the good things about being rich? And what are not? Putting all the fame things aside..

Good things:

• You can wear amazing clothes
  • You can live in an amazing house
  • You can feel good about yourself
  • You can have huge impact on others so for example free Britney thanks to this :matches:
  • You can destroy problematic people's lives :matches:
  • You can travel 
  • You aren't as bored as average person as you have more options, things to do 
  • You don't have to worry about a lot of things
  • You can do charity 

Bad things:

• People can only care about your money, not you
  • You can still be unhappy despite having everything
  • You can still be ugly as plastic surgeries aren't that good to fix everything in your face, body
  • You can be scared of losing it somehow
  • You can buy too many useless things 
  • It can make you mean, heartless 
  • People still can hate you and think you're trash 
  • You can get greedy 

But I think it's worth it :matches: 

It'd solve a looot of my problems I have rn I guess but the question is how many new problems would it give me? 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

1) charity and contributing to scinece are not a bad thing to do

2) it was something else but i forgot already... i am in the stance that i don't need the most expensive clothes though

3) i have decided that being rich i don't want to spend money on useless things like there is no end. even if i can buy the whole grocery store sometimes i should have the need to calculate more wisely, and i mean spending money on useless things just makes me feel like a trash mountain. i want to be very moderate even if i am rich. then i can feel light.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Good:

1. You dont have to work or worry about paying bills

2. you can donate a big amount to charity

3. you can travel the world

4. you can improve your looks whether by plastic surgery or new wardrobe/hair

5. you can eat really great quality food and not junk food

6. you can pay for medical stuff easily

Bad:

1. that people will want your money

2. it'll harder to find genuine true love cause you'll run into golddiggers

3. you're never fully fufilled or satisfied

4. it can lead to addiction whether its ***** or plastic surgery

5. people can manipulate or lie to you to get your money

6. you can become greedy or stuck up 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Midnight said:

The good things about being rich is well, your rich, there's no bad side to that if you ask me :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I am a Marxist and You’re right except there are some problems u could technically run into when ur rich that I would consider part of a bad side 

:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

• Haha 1

the good has been listed. the only downside is it can make you lose touch with reality / a community.

my parents are not rich at all - but they used to be quite poor. and my dad said he misses the sense of community and friendship they had when they had less. I think rich communities keep to themselves more, are more stuck up and judgemental etc. 

I definitely want as much money as possible but I also want to feel part of 'the people' and keep my feet grounded. I don't feel super comfortable and accepted around "rich people" environments....sometimes "rich people" say things that sound arrogant and out of touch and it makes me cringe. Or I feel like I am doing or saying something that they look down at me for.

Very much Titanic vibes where Rose doesn't feel accepted by her own high society and then Leo/Jack takes her to the party belowdecks where people are actually having a good time and being genuine with each other. 

• Like 1

Just watch this video.

Nelly Furtado was the hottest female is 2006-2008 in pop Music. 

She's worth 35 Million in Canadian dollars, but she's comfortable. 

But she is happy being a private citizen, it was something she wanted, to stay grounded, she felt like being a celebrity wasn't everything and she was losing herself to the fame. 

Something tells me, Britney would have loved to do what Nelly got to, walk away and become a normal private citizen. 

• 2 months later...

I come from a very poor background in the UK, parents never had jobs and lived on welfare, in and out of prison etc so I pretty much had to fend for myself. Moved out at 16, got a job and scraped by for years and never had money to do anything. Funny enough, my splurges were concerts (Britney, primarily). Some weeks Id have to decide between the electric bill or eating. It was horrible.

Then I got married to an American and moved to California. He's super wealthy, homes all over the country, sports cars, all that shebang. I haven't had to worry about bills or expenses or anything financially since. It felt surreal for the longest time but the funny thing with money (or any situation really) is that you get accustomed to it and it becomes your new normal. Im in a position where I can buy almost anything I want and go anywhere I want on a whim, and I don't want to. Things that I used to dream of being able to afford like MacBooks and jewelry and all that crap are now meaningless. Now I can afford it all I don't really want it. 

The downside of it all is I used to attribute so much of my depressive episodes and anxiety to being so financially unstable and not knowing where my next meal was coming from. Now I have it all and Im still depressed and anxious. The things that do make me happy are things that money can't buy, like seeing my friends, reading a good book, walking in the woods near my house. Simple sh it.

My point is, money may make life easier, but it doesn't make it happier per se. Ask anyone with a lot of money and Im sure they will tell you the same thing.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, kdub87 said:

I come from a very poor background in the UK, parents never had jobs and lived on welfare, in and out of prison etc so I pretty much had to fend for myself. Moved out at 16, got a job and scraped by for years and never had money to do anything. Funny enough, my splurges were concerts (Britney, primarily). Some weeks Id have to decide between the electric bill or eating. It was horrible.

Then I got married to an American and moved to California. He's super wealthy, homes all over the country, sports cars, all that shebang. I haven't had to worry about bills or expenses or anything financially since. It felt surreal for the longest time but the funny thing with money (or any situation really) is that you get accustomed to it and it becomes your new normal. Im in a position where I can buy almost anything I want and go anywhere I want on a whim, and I don't want to. Things that I used to dream of being able to afford like MacBooks and jewelry and all that crap are now meaningless. Now I can afford it all I don't really want it. 

The downside of it all is I used to attribute so much of my depressive episodes and anxiety to being so financially unstable and not knowing where my next meal was coming from. Now I have it all and Im still depressed and anxious. The things that do make me happy are things that money can't buy, like seeing my friends, reading a good book, walking in the woods near my house. Simple sh it.

My point is, money may make life easier, but it doesn't make it happier per se. Ask anyone with a lot of money and Im sure they will tell you the same thing.

This is such a precious post, thanks for sharing.

• Love 1

Well, I am 27 and doing pretty for myself I work and have a music school that I run which is also doing good not great due to covid but still good my family used to be very middle class except my aunt she is doing fantastically well for herself but my father wanted to be a musician so life was hard for us luckily after some snuggle he gots some of the best jobs in music and then I become a musician too but I never wanted to take risks like my father hence started working and then slowly opened up by dream music school now I will leave the job sooner or later but right now there's no stability for the music school for me I need to pan it out. 

Anyway, so I am doing good I can afford expensive things but TBH money really doesn't bring anything apart for making your life easier when I was a kid I used to beg my father to buy me a Britney album because it used to be so expensive now I have 5 of her each album and can travel countries to see her live or anybody else too but I feel when you start getting older materialistic things become very irrelevant for you at least they have become for me. 

As long as you meet your very basic needs, you won't be any more happier once you start making 75,000 a year. Energy should be directed then to your time, your mental health, purposeful work, and practicing kindness. That's all you need in life.  Pursuing a life of wealth, materialism, and socially comparing yourself will lead you to higher incidence of developing a mental disorder and will lead to unhappiness. We also have misconceptions about leisure vs. work. Since it isn't all that challenging, leisure doesn't make us as happy as we think. Just some perspective. 

Your able to afford to be your own boss. Yet many will be phony friends. Many will want help….in all honesty most people only have few real true friends.  ..  Yet you can be generous and still be used . Money can be used to help out many in poverty lifestyles. You can buy almost anything you wish , yet it still can not buy happiness! You can live as you choose! You can also still be alone ! You do not take it with you ! You may turn into a self absorbed narcissist. Yet you may have thee best life . Money does not buy you a free pass in life.. yet it makes certain aspects easier.    Money is the root of all evil in some ways . It can bring out thee best in people and thee worst in others. Would you rather be rich in your life and your heart . Or have a fat wallet and the best of the best . Look at many with money. It can  be absolute misery! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block