Who are y’all’s fallback artist when our main girl isn’t making music? Your #2

21 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

OoOOoooh I LOVE this thread!!

BRITNEY IS AND WILL FOREVER BE MY PERFECT NUMBER 1! My gawd, I love her! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

I only really truly stan her, she's right at the top.

Then there's an abyss, and then comes..... Whoever is making music and visuals with honesty and creativity. And there are many who do that. I love pop music in general, so I pay attention to everything that there is out there. Also, music from the past or from artists that are dead (classical music, some jazz). Of course, I can't keep up with everything, even if I mostly like female artists, that's why I like and use the term "main pop girls", because they definitely stand out from the rest and already have some or a lot of longevity. I will always follow the biggest, but I don't want to mention them all because there are many, and from different countries and decades (so with different sounds and visuals). I tend to divide them in groups in my mind haha, especially according to when they first appeared (I'm an eighties kid). Longevity IS important, as well as genres.

Having said that, I feel an intense connection towards Nicki Minaj... I've found myself screaming before clicking on a new song/video from her haha!

But with Britney I scream, jump, gag, cry like a baby, gasp, clutch my pearls, stomp my feet, hit my desk, snap my fingers in the air, curse, dance like no one's watching... You name it!

Do you guys get "lumps" in your throats with Britney? I STILL DO! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Tomorrow, a friend of mine is supposed to bring me my "Glory" re-issue vinyl!!!! (her sister, who lives in the US, bought it for me when it came out). She told me "take a pill before I come so you don't die" :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I really enjoys Nicki music too!

For a while I didn't listen to her cause of how she came in the game coming at Kim when it was clear that she was influenced by Kim and I never understood that.

I still don't really care for her "that" much however she's a very talented Rapper I can't deny that and I love her music.

I wish her & Kim can put the BS aside & do a song & video together & break the internet!

25 minutes ago, bas che said:

Too many to list but recently I started looking at producers of songs that I enjoy listening to and check who else they worked with. This helps me create a diverse monthly playlist.

i find myself always going back to certain artists like Fiona Apple and Norah Jones. 

I have always checked the credits since I was little 😂 its always been interesting to me to see all the producers, writers, engineers, back up singers etc.  A lot of artists works with the same writers and producers, which is why all of their music sounds the damn same. 😭

Britney and Madonna. Im unable to stan anyone out of the pop royal family Im sorry. :walkoff_miss_new_york_ny_tiffany_walking:

Jk :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy: obviously Im a Britney sttan since 1999, around 2000 or 2001 I knew about madonna and I loved her classics Open Your Heart and I remember being obssesed with Material Girl (could it be any gayer? Lol) then I found out about the album Music and ofc Dont Tell Me was my sh¡t, 10 year old me serving western barbie realness :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy: 

Music was the 1st madonna album I listened at its 100% as from that moment I have come and gone to Britney and Madonna's fanbase. 

Over the years ofc I have liked some other pop girls' music (gaga, Rihanna, hilary,) but I rarely go that far to the point of calling myself 'a fan' aside from Britney and Madge. 

I love other genres like 80s Rock, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and 90's mexican pop, boybands and girlbands Ov7 and Kahba (omg Im so old) and even some french music since I started studying french around 17. M Pokora is my sh1t as well, his discogrphy is amazing. Those and many other make me feel like theres something to expect when it comes to new music but tbh no one can beat my 2 main ladies. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Mariah is my no.1 and Britney/Janet is my no.2, great taste!  

People always think its weird that they are my favorite female artists.   MC is who I listen to when I want to hear some vocals and some great R&B & Pop ballads and Hip Hop too and Britney is I want to hear some Pop and dance music in addition to her great videos and performances from her prime.  I listen to Janet for the same reasons as I listen to Britney but Janet has more songs with Rock and R&B incorporated into them!

MC released a lot last yr The Book, The Rarities, plus the Christmas special and new songs plus the feat with AG & JHUD & WBT remix that released on Valentines day which was AMAZING!

I hear she's recording a new album now too!

I was disappointed by Rarities and the live Christmas album/Oh Santa remix! 

I loved Caution so I hope her new album is as good! She has a new song coming out in a week or two but it’s not from her new album. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Dua Lipa by far. She is the only artist that has dethroned Britney in my most streamed artists in a single year. Britney is still number one overall and will always be, but this whole past year and a half have been such a **** show that I just don’t see her the same as before. 

I was waiting for another Dua fan! She makes amazing music and her performances keep getting better! She’s also all over radio and I’m starting to see her in more ads. I love that she’s serving us a proper pop era and her videos could be better but she still has great aesthetic and dances. She’s SERVING. Two years ago all us gays kept asking for someone to save pop and Dua has done just that single handedly. Also it’s ironic that you said you stopped caring for Britney a year and a half ago around the same time FN era started!

4 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

Those are some interesting gif choices. That’s why you love those girls most? :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

Mainly that Riri gif but the other two look so bizarre above and below it. There’s a lot going on here 😵💫😵💫😵💫

Lol those are the most iconic gifs I could find in the top row of the searches of each artist :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:. And Pour it Up is a classic, sure Joseline Hernandez shot the video instead of Rih, but it's still 1 of Rihannas best. pour it up music video GIF by Vevo

11 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

In no running order: Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Christina Aguilera. I love all of them, these days I listen to Mandys music so much and she is super underrated. I don't see why fans would argue about which one is the best because we can all listen to all of them tbh. They are all very beautiful and talented artists. 🙂

THIS, THIS, & THIS! I feel you, girl!! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

16 minutes ago, Email My D said:

Lol those are the most iconic gifs I could find in the top row of the searches of each artist :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:. And Pour it Up is a classic, sure Joseline Hernandez shot the video instead of Rih, but it's still 1 of Rihannas best. pour it up music video GIF by Vevo

The music video is memorable but not iconic for me! Idk if my standards are warped into childhood standards and Britney sometimes. Like that music video/song stand out for me but it’s not as big in my head. Closest thing to iconic I’ve seen in the past decade has been 2016ney BBMAs, Beyoncé/Bruno Super Bowl (Coldplay who?) and Taylor Swift’s LWYMMD mv although reputation era as a whole was massive.