Who are y’all’s fallback artist when our main girl isn’t making music? Your #2

1 hour ago, Email My D said:

Britney will always be number 1 for me. But my close seconds are Blackpink, Rihanna and Miley. kill this love explode GIF by BLACKPINK

rihanna pour it up GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Miley Cyrus Disco GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Those are some interesting gif choices. That’s why you love those girls most? :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

Mainly that Riri gif but the other two look so bizarre above and below it. There’s a lot going on here 😵💫😵💫😵💫

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

So who are y’all’s fallback artist when our main girl isn’t making music? For me it’s easily Lady Gaga. I have a tremendous amount of love for Gaga. Not far behind Britney tbh. She is very different, but she’s given me everything I need and more since day one. I would say Dua Lipa is third because she’s currently serving as well. Who is it for you? 

Gaga.JPG.dafd14107f70921f3064e0b582454665.JPG

She has?   Gaga hasn't made a good album since The Fame Monster, her last 3 albums was AWFUL specially her latest effort. 😭

Those 1st 2 albums are great tho!

Anyway I have a lot of other favorite artists besides Britney such as Mariah Carey, Lil' Kim, Janet, Beyonce, Rihanna, Cardi B, Foxy Brown, Miguel, The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, MJB and Jay Z to name a few.

I also really enjoy music from Nicki, Nas, Megan, Missy, Kashdoll, Big Latto, Tony! Toni! Tone!, SWV, XSCAPE etc and the legends like Aretha, MJ, Prince, Whitney, Tupac, The Notorious BIG, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass etc 

I listen to a LOT of different music, artists and genres and all eras of music going back to the 60s with Motown!

I don't really listen to Pop music anymore tho unless its throwbacks.  I think im starting to outgrow it I don't know any of the new pop stars besides (Dua Lipa) Pop has become very BORING & STALE over the yrs, its just not exciting to me anymore. 

I feel like they all suck from Taylor, Gaga, Billie, Katy and all the rest of them the music is just BAD.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

She has?   Gaga hasn't made a good album since The Fame Monster, her last 3 albums was AWFUL specially her latest effort. 😭

Those 1st 2 albums are great tho!

Anyway I have a lot of other favorite artists besides Britney such as Mariah Carey, Lil' Kim, Janet, Beyonce, Rihanna, Cardi B, Foxy Brown, Miguel, The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, MJB and Jay Z to name a few.

I also really enjoy music from Nicki, Nas, Megan, Missy, Kashdoll, Big Latto, Tony! Toni! Tone!, SWV, XSCAPE etc and the legends like Aretha, MJ, Prince, Whitney, Tupac, The Notorious BIG, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass etc 

I listen to a LOT of different music, artists and genres and all eras of music going back to the 60s with Motown!

I literally listen to everything myself but I definitely love Gaga right after Britney. I’m into everything from Duran Duran to Wu Tang Clan to Miles Davis. It’s a major range. So many DJs as well, especially from the 90s and 2000s. Louie Devito, Dj Encore, Daft Punk, 4 Strings, Amber, Livin Joy, ect. I recently rediscovered this gem from growing up! So good! 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Mariah is my #2, although she is an older artist like Britney who doesn’t release as often as well so it gets tricky haha! Lately Ariana has become my #3 and she’s clearly been releasing a lot of music so that’s who’s kinda getting me through the Britney dry spell! 

Mariah is my no.1 and Britney/Janet is my no.2, great taste!  

People always think its weird that they are my favorite female artists.   MC is who I listen to when I want to hear some vocals and some great R&B & Pop ballads and Hip Hop too and Britney is I want to hear some Pop and dance music in addition to her great videos and performances from her prime.  I listen to Janet for the same reasons as I listen to Britney but Janet has more songs with Rock and R&B incorporated into them!

MC released a lot last yr The Book, The Rarities, plus the Christmas special and new songs plus the feat with AG & JHUD & WBT remix that released on Valentines day which was AMAZING!

I hear she's recording a new album now too!

OoOOoooh I LOVE this thread!!

BRITNEY IS AND WILL FOREVER BE MY PERFECT NUMBER 1! My gawd, I love her! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

I only really truly stan her, she's right at the top.

Then there's an abyss, and then comes..... Whoever is making music and visuals with honesty and creativity. And there are many who do that. I love pop music in general, so I pay attention to everything that there is out there. Also, music from the past or from artists that are dead (classical music, some jazz). Of course, I can't keep up with everything, even if I mostly like female artists, that's why I like and use the term "main pop girls", because they definitely stand out from the rest and already have some or a lot of longevity. I will always follow the biggest, but I don't want to mention them all because there are many, and from different countries and decades (so with different sounds and visuals). I tend to divide them in groups in my mind haha, especially according to when they first appeared (I'm an eighties kid). Longevity IS important, as well as genres.

Having said that, I feel an intense connection towards Nicki Minaj... I've found myself screaming before clicking on a new song/video from her haha!

But with Britney I scream, jump, gag, cry like a baby, gasp, clutch my pearls, stomp my feet, hit my desk, snap my fingers in the air, curse, dance like no one's watching... You name it!

Do you guys get "lumps" in your throats with Britney? I STILL DO! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Tomorrow, a friend of mine is supposed to bring me my "Glory" re-issue vinyl!!!! (her sister, who lives in the US, bought it for me when it came out). She told me "take a pill before I come so you don't die" :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
37 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

I literally listen to everything myself but I definitely love Gaga right after Britney. I’m into everything from Duran Duran to Wu Tang Clan to Miles Davis. It’s a major range. So many DJs as well, especially from the 90s and 2000s. Louie Devito, Dj Encore, Daft Punk, 4 Strings, Amber, Livin Joy, ect. I recently rediscovered this gem from growing up! So good! 

I used to used love Gaga before she blew up but honestly she just hasn't wowed me in a very long time. She's hella talented too so its weird to me why her music hasn't gotten better & better with each release like most artists do?

I think she should go AC like Million Reasons & Shallow ... she's seems to excel in that arena the GP really seems to like that Gaga and maybe she should also try Rock/Pop Rock and Alternative too!  I think she's too talented to be boxed in just doing generic Pop music like her last album.

I'm the same way man!  I can listen to some Tupac, Nas, Biggie then go into Britney, Rihanna, Marvin Gaye, The Jones Girls, Teena Marie, Cardi B, MC, Maxwell, Kylie Minogue etc etc.

I really just love & adore MUSIC I seriously couldn't live without it. I can find a song at least ONE song I like on a album and if I don't then its really TRASH lol & I love male artists too!  A lot of men in our lifestyle typically only listen to female artists and only Pop music but that's not me, growing up my parents would play music all the time lol.

I'm going to check out that song I'm surprised I never heard that artist before.

• Like 1

Too many to list but recently I started looking at producers of songs that I enjoy listening to and check who else they worked with. This helps me create a diverse monthly playlist.

i find myself always going back to certain artists like Fiona Apple and Norah Jones. 

• Like 1