Change My Mind: 2011 BBMA's Was A Better Showcase For Britney Than 2016 VMA's

Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Britney. Britney performing two of her biggest songs; "S&M" and "Till The World Ends", one being one of her #1 songs and the other being her (at the time) biggest radio hit (and to this day, it's still 2nd IIRC). :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

Compare that to G-Eazy and Make Me, with a sample of Me, Myself & I for good measure. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Haha 2

2016 VMA performance was boring. She didn’t even have a pre recorded version it was just so lazy imo.

BBMA 2016 performance was flawless I loved her energy, her look and the medley. It was just flawless. 

I think MM was just a mediocre song perhaps if she’d did something different it would have been more exciting but her days of being controversial are over it’s almost like she’s marketed in a way that deflects from the artist she used to be. Everything is very simplistic 

• Like 5

I’m sorry (actually not sorry at all) but ESPECIALLY TTWE BBMA 2011 was TERRIBLE. Literally nothing good to say about that. That is not a performance. That shouldn’t even be a standard as an artist. She wore a casual black dress with a black leather jacket as if she was getting drinks with her girls one night. She looked totally bored on stage. The lip syncing was TRAGIC. Nicki made her look awkward and that’s saying a lot when Britney is a superior performer. I mean it was beyond bad. I give S&M a pass because she looked soooo hot entering the stage in that chair with her mask and the moaning. Even that tanked because she looked awkward once again and the pillow fight had zero energy for a song about passionate and rough s**. Then it looked like she wanted to run off the stage at the end while Riri bowed for the applause. FF era promo performances were terrible. I never understood how the media and public accepted that over her 2007 VMA performance. It was all hype tbh but it’s no shocker her sales and public appeal tanked after that era. I know she had so much going on personally but she shouldn’t have been working. It really did a number on her career. Up until that point she was only scrutinized for 2007 VMAs professionally. And it might be harsh but everyone started calling her a robot after FF era. Can’t say that’s false. I spent a lot of money to see her and I knew it wouldn’t be live but she acted like she didn’t want to be there. It wasn’t the worst of that era and the energy was soooo cool but for what I spent, it was disappointing. Especially after Circus tour and the performer I fell in love with prior. 

• Like 6

Femme Fatale era era was just literally depressing and tragic non-music wise. Britney was so uninspiring. I would say the performances looked like rehearsals, but we all know how amazing Britney's rehearsals are. I felt the VMA 07 looked liked she was marking the number or like, walking through the staging, rather than performing. Femme Fatale felt like she was somebody else completely who had literally never danced before in her life. I can completely understand someone preferring the song "Till The World Ends" to "Make Me" but the 2016 "Make Me" performance was actually very sharp and the only thing it has in common with "...World Ends" at BBMAs is somewhat cringe-inducing lip-syncing. But one is a performance and the the other 2 were like, personal appearances where music was played--no comparison. 

• Like 3

The 2011 BBMA performances were cringe worthy honestly!

I loved the 2016 VMA performance and had it been timed better with the release of Make Me it would’ve pushed Make Me into the top 10 on Billboard because the song saw a spike on iTunes after that night! 

Make Me could’ve easily been a top 10 single as it deserved to be had her team/the label done things better! They should’ve either moved up the release and had her close the BBMA with it or delayed it’s release/the album’s release (which would’ve made Glory #1 too) and had it come out closer to the VMA’s and released the original video soon after! Honestly if they had dropped the original video when the single was released it would’ve debuted in the top ten, but they are still living in 2003 when videos came out like a month after singles because streaming didn’t matter then. 

16 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

2016 VMA performance was boring. She didn’t even have a pre recorded version it was just so lazy imo.

BBMA 2016 performance was flawless I loved her energy, her look and the medley. It was just flawless. 

I think MM was just a mediocre song perhaps if she’d did something different it would have been more exciting but her days of being controversial are over it’s almost like she’s marketed in a way that deflects from the artist she used to be. Everything is very simplistic 

I think they have purposely made her a legacy artist because there’s Guaranteed money in it… 

this plan didn’t work with Domination, the fans were talking we knew she needed a break, and most people JUST saw her