Is ''Work *****'' iconic?

Will did a good job by stealing the instrumental since he's a mediocre producer. The finished song is the best thing that came from BJ.

Too bad it didn't feature Britney's vocals, I'm sure it would have more impact.

It's absolutely iconic. It was a huge sleeper hit. It was advertised on tv shows like "New Girl", Britney went to several talk shows and award shows to promote it, and the music video was pretty huge.

It's also become a huge club staple. It wasn't instantly iconic like Baby or Oops, but it grew to become iconic. Like Boys, which she shoves down our throats every single tour despite it not being successful back in the day.

5 hours ago, Louis-j said:

Will did a good job by stealing the instrumental since he's a mediocre producer. The finished song is the best thing that came from BJ.

Too bad it didn't feature Britney's vocals, I'm sure it would have more impact.

Stealing?, from where is the instrumental?

Ugh, I ask this question myself. I feel like people low key think so but only because of the term “Work *****” itself. I always associate ***** with Gimme More but most people do it with WB for some reason. Scream and Shout was the biggest hit between the three ***** singles but again WB is the one everyone knows even though the world slept on it when it was released. I honestly just started growing a little bit of a liking for that song two years ago. Sounded corny, hyper produced, and too EDM if that makes sense. Like the song has no soul. On top of the hyper robotic production, she’s not even singing, and the speaking is repetitive, and REALLY poorly written. I think what makes the song, is literally all that. It sounds like crap music but that’s almost the point and for that reason it works I guess? It’s also simple and straight to the point which works well for pop. I’d say it’s popular but not iconic? Or I’ll put it like this, “low key iconic” if that makes sense? Idk. Now I’m all stressed out because I can’t answer this and figure out why lol. I do know it’s a staple, especially for gays which was the intention, I just feel if something is iconic the general masses know and love it as well. Ok, maybe gay iconic? Ugh I. DONT. KNOW. 

• Like 1

Yes definitely!

It was her last big well known hit.

The GP associate Work Bich with Britney.

I think people think its not iconic cause they hate Britney Jean,

which isnt even that bad.

At least it isnt dated as hell like Femme Fatale.

Its only hated cause of the controversy of Myah Marie

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I think were pretty biased Bc were on a Britney fan site also tbh.

yeah, but also no, 'cause it's been already used in other things unrelated to the fandom, like that SNL sketch a few months ago and I think it was also used in the trailer of some movie? or I'm dreaming that lol

the thing is, years later, people from the GP are more likely to use WB as a Britney song, than anything on Glory or FF

if you look at the daily views, WB is up there with all the classics, and has even more daily views than other songs like Womanizer, Slave, Crazy, etc

wbiconic.png

and we know these come from the GP because fans are boycotting the brand, right? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean