Shane Dawson is Rumored to use #FreeBritney for his Comeback

14 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

Hope it brings more exposure

His enormous cancellation will probably hurt the movement by giving it less credibility, strictly because its coming from him. And how easy is it for the man who's problematic ways got him cancelled and now using Britney and her struggles, knowing the general public is really rooting for her now, for him to piggyback off that. I think it's disingenuous and frankly disgusting. 

He needs to redeem himself off his own merits.

• Like 3
Just now, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

His enormous cancellation will probably hurt the movement by giving it less credibility, strictly because its coming from him. And how easy is it for the man who's problematic ways got him cancelled and now using Britney and her struggles, know the general public is really rooting for her now, for him to piggyback off that. I think it's disingenuous and frankly disgusting. 

He needs to redeem himself off his own merits.

You forget how easily cancel culture gets forgotten

10 hours ago, Marcanthony said:

You forget how easily cancel culture gets forgotten

10 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

His feels very different compared to most youtubers. I think he will have some diehard fans stick around but even his peers have dropped him. 

This. He’s the one who’s reputation was most harmed during the Tati/James/Jeffree drama, which is crazy because the reasons he got cancelled are mostly unrelated to whatever happened. Doing bl*ckface, extremely disturbing behavior towards children, animal abuse accusations….I don’t think people are going to be too receptive of him. Him reporting on the movement will only hurt it in the long run

• Like 1

Scandals and accusations aside? He does not even care to do accurate research. The Britney conspiracy video is horribly researched, he called Blackout the album that Britney didn’t record. It’s really dumb 

• Like 2

This is the guy that uses to J/o to.a really young Willow smith when she was doing the whip my hair, both Jada and Jaden called him out for fetishizing a minor to the description he said. 

This is gonna hurt it and kill all credibility to the movement once it's tainted due to his association. 

It could turn people off, and because he's part of it. Might end up getting it cancelled and forgotten by the general public..