Poll: What should've been the third single from Britney's "Glory?"

What should've been the third single from Glory?  

657 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, maki93 said:

haha no, italian! she did italian, french, and spanish. #Culturney

these are  the supposed lyrics:

Château Marouatte
Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hivers
Cinq, quatre, trois, deux, un

I don't know about the sentence in the middle, 'cause I've never been able to tell what she says, but I know the countdown doesn't sound Italian at all

Lead single should’ve still been Make Me and it should’ve been performed at the BBMAs right after the medley as originally slated.

Love Me Down and Better should’ve been the buzz singles to follow, instead of Clumsy and Private Show (honestly, she was very passionate about private show though but it would’ve been left better off as a separate entity for her perfume if it really had to be included as anything with a visual).  They wanted upbeat songs and Love Me Down would’ve been great to garner interest. Do you Want to Come over apparently was received well by people as a buzz single so I would’ve let that be the third buzz single. 

She then could’ve premiered Slumber Party with Rihanna (but Tinashe is also a good choice) at the VMAs with bubbles/eyes wide shut theme and a surprise like a giant bed which they jump up on as the big prop of the performance. This would’ve been an excellent second single. 

the third single should’ve genuinely been Change Your Mind. That’s legit the best choice 

19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

these are  the supposed lyrics:

Château Marouatte
Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hivers
Cinq, quatre, trois, deux, un

I don't know about the sentence in the middle, 'cause I've never been able to tell what she says, but I know the countdown doesn't sound Italian at all

Me realizing its French and not Italian after half a decade :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

• Haha 3

You know, you're very right about not being able to make one's mind (no seas cortes) up about singles from Glory. Originally it was Do You Wanna Come Over? but I constantly switch between Change Your Mind and Just Luv Me too, along with Better. Whilst I like Liar, I think I would've preferred to have seen video treatment for CYM (if they did it right), that could've been fantastic, different, and pretty dancey. Make Me and Slumber Party were awesome but pretty mellow still, and CYM would've changed things up.

Just Luv Me should've been tested in a few markets like the old days, but I don't think that would've fared too well from a marketing perspective, especially when people mostly just want upbeat most of the time these days.

In an ideal world, this album would've been great with a 5+ single run, if it was successful. 

I think in terms of trying to get a big hit, “Do You Wanna Come Over”.  It would’ve been an awesome summer single and could’ve had a hot video.  Giving it a slight remix with a BIG artist feature would’ve slapped.  It’s not my favorite song, but it could’ve done well with good promo, a good video, and a hot remix.

I’d have liked to see Liar.  Who doesn’t love an empowerment banger?  That song is incredible and Britney serves the sass.  I imagine a video like the Make Me single cover.  😍

Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) gets my vote.  But I would have done the whole era differently:

Single 1: Mood Ring
Single 2: Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
Single 3: Liar
Single 4: Slumber Party
Single 5: If I'm Dancing (a critics' favorite that probably wouldn't have lit up the charts, but would have raised its profile enough to be included in "best of" lists)

Brit has always had a habit of hiding some great cuts on deluxe and international editions, but Glory is really egregious this way. The bonus tracks are substantially better than the rest of the album!

Pop Tv Rita GIF by One Day At A Time

• Like 1

Love Me Down. It’s instantaneously catchy and perfect for that era of music. I know a lot of you wanted DYWCO but I doubt the public would enjoy that chorus with those background voices and it’s a little too funky and all over the place. Just Luv Me would have been a MAJOR hit or miss because of the Selena and Weeknd sound at that time. It works so well but it’s almost boring. LMD for sure with a fire video and choreography. Summer single smash!

I’d say Liar, because it would have probably been a pretty solid commercial success, assuming it were at least halfway promoted and had the same trajectory music video-wise (Slumber Party MV being a step up from Make Me)

but I also believe Better could have been a smasha. 

• Like 2