This Day in Pop: Britney kicks off her first ever Asian tour 'Britney: Live in Concert' in 2017 (June 03)

Live-in-concert.png

On June 03, 2017, Britney Spears embarked on her first ever Asian tour, Britney: Live in Concert. The concert mirrored her Vegas residency show, Piece of Me, and it marked the first time she toured since 2011's Femme Fatale Tour

002.jpg

002.jpg

064.jpg

109.jpg

191.jpg

After performing exclusively in Las Vegas since her residency started in 2013, it was in 2016 that rumors started circulating about a possible tour to coincide with the release of her ninth studio album Glory, but it wasn't until April 2017 that, out of nowhere, it was announced she would be performing in Israel. 

A show in the Philippines was also announces, and eventually the rest of the dates, which fell during one of her breaks between legs from her ongoing Piece of Me residency, from June 03 until July 03. Not only was the first time she performed in Israel and the Philippines, but it was also the case for Taiwan, Thailand and Hong Kong, and she also performed in Japan, South Korea and Singapore.

giphy.gif

Tokyo was the first concert of the mini-tour, performing at the Yoyogi National Gymnasium. Wardrobe malfunctions aside, she received an awesome response from the sold-out crowd of 12,000 spectators. 

The last show, which was in Tel Aviv, coincided with Labol Party's primary election, which caused the election to be delayed to the next day due to concerns regarding the traffic congestion. With an attendance of 55,000, Britney became the second female musician with the biggest attendance in Israel of all time, only surpassed by Madonna, and the third artist overall, with Michael Jackson being at the top of the list.

Prior to this concert though, she faced some accusations about her not singing live in her concerts, for which she was interviewed for an Israeli tv station. 

On June 09, a special edition of Glory was released to commemorate the tour, giving it a new cover to the double disc package that included besides the deluxe Glory tracks, a bonus CD with the songs performed on the tour, including Get Naked (I Got a Plan) and the Dragon Man Mix of Me Against the Music

ab67616d0000b273cb7783921958e6372b4567c3

077.jpg

075.jpg

197.jpg

142.jpg

230.jpg

045.jpg

043.jpg

262.jpg

236.jpg

058.jpg

018.jpg

091.jpg

166.jpg

171.jpg

185.jpg

158.jpg

160.jpg

What a great tour this was! I remember the first rumours on 2015/2016 I think, she was also supposed to go to Tunez. 

BTW I always thought this was a fan-made album cover :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I completely forgot this was released!

The Israel radio interview was really odd too, considering she doesn't give many interviews, and hear her talk about the lipsync was kind of shocking I remember :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

The shade to the Japan crowd lmao "they were so polite and quite", wasn't she pissed about that? :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm: sassyney tbh.

Good days! She looked amazing!!

• Like 1

I completely forgot this quote too

You were “Overprotected”…

“Something like that. My life was controlled by too many people and that doesn’t really let you be yourself. In that situation, when your not in control, you become less excited, and there’s less passion when it comes to music. I wrote back then, that I was lost and didn’t know what to do with myself. I was trying to please everyone around me because that who I am deep inside. There are moments where I look back and think “What the hell was I thinking”.

Interesting at that time she still used the phrase "what the hell was I thinking" from FTR on 2008. Did she really say that though? It almost feels like a copy-paste of her words from FTR :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: 

1 hour ago, Oxic said:

I completely forgot this quote too

Interesting at that time she still used the phrase "what the hell was I thinking" from FTR on 2008. Did she really say that though? It almost feels like a copy-paste of her words from FTR :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: 

Queen of staying true to her quotes.

I don't know, it seems that she always opens up more when it's paper or magazine interviews. Like that other time when she said she regretted doing Chaotic, and then said cursed the interviewer for dissing Crossroads, it's like, why don't we have all of that on camera? lol 

1 hour ago, Oxic said:

What a great tour this was! I remember the first rumours on 2015/2016 I think, she was also supposed to go to Tunez. 

BTW I always thought this was a fan-made album cover :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I completely forgot this was released!

The Israel radio interview was really odd too, considering she doesn't give many interviews, and hear her talk about the lipsync was kind of shocking I remember :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

The shade to the Japan crowd lmao "they were so polite and quite", wasn't she pissed about that? :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm: sassyney tbh.

Good days! She looked amazing!!

I don't know why so many people think that cover is fanmade :ehidk_britney_um_eek: :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

I remember it was highly reported, at least within the fanbase, because finally we were getting a nicer cover for the album. At some point we even got it on streaming platforms, but then it was locked to be listened only in Japan (or I don't know if other Asian countries too).

I bought it right away as soon as it was available (though it took forever to arrive because they sent it through domestic mail instead of a private company :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: ) 

Where there any significant problems during the asian tour?

Was the Tel Aviv interview- “I always sing live” during the Asian tour?

she did look good during this tour in comparison to the European leg

Maybe she agreed to Asian but not the other locations 

Idk man I just continue to think  the Pom tour in general as some sort of punishment towards her

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Where there any significant problems during the asian tour?

Was the Tel Aviv interview- “I always sing live” during the Asian tour?

she did look good during this tour in comparison to the European leg

Maybe she agreed to Asian but not the other locations 

Idk man I just continue to think  the Pom tour in general as some sort of punishment towards her

there weren't any problems. This happened during a break from POM in Vegas, after she had to start sharing the venue with J Lo. And yeah, the interview was before her Israel concert.

At the end of the year was when the performance for the Smukfest festival was announced for 2018, and a month later it was revealed it would be a full tour in the US and Europe. 

I don't think it was a punishment, but just another career move. The residency had ended, I suppose the Domination contract was still not done, and it was just like a way of milking the POM show a little bit more before moving to the next era. Whatever happened behind the scenes I think it was more due to personal stuff rather than the touring itself. 

19 hours ago, kleinbritney said:

Everything that came after POM 1 was certainly not wanted by Britney. A break of several years would have made sense.

I believe she wanted to do 2.0, I think she had a lot more creative control this time around, she seemed more like herself on stage and was recording the best album in her life! 

I think Britney is still capable of performing like how she did in 2015 and always has been she just doesn’t want to do that anymore 

21 hours ago, Britman512 said:

I believe she wanted to do 2.0, I think she had a lot more creative control this time around, she seemed more like herself on stage and was recording the best album in her life! 

I think Britney is still capable of performing like how she did in 2015 and always has been she just doesn’t want to do that anymore 

Which album are you talking about.  ;-) When she announced the expansion of POM, it didn't sound really happy. I don't think she ever wanted to go to Las Vegas. I prefer to go on a world trip every 3-4 years that lasts 2 months than 4 years in Las Vegas where you have to stay in shape for 4 years. And where is the whole Las Vegas fee. Almost $ 500,000 per show, after all. Britney worked while others spent the money. + That Las Vegas is still considered a career killer. Bad deal.