Vote: Will the outcome of June 23rd dictate whether the current level of fan and public support continues or dies down?

Will the outcome of June 23rd dictate whether the current level of fan and public support continues or dies down?   

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Britney to death and it really pains me to say it but I will be defeated if she turns around and basically says she’s happy and dismisses everything her fans have been working for these last few years.

It’s so exhausting and mentally draining. I so badly want her to be free but there’s a force much bigger than any of us can ever fight against. So many people are making money out of this - the judges included. The corruption and injustice makes me so mad but I can’t go on to Instagram one more day and see her twirling around looking hideous and spaced out. I never thought one day my idol would literally end up this way. I feel for her but I literally can’t. I also can’t come on here and argue with the fandom of whether she’s writing these captions - she’s not and never has been writing these captions. She’s like a caged animal and it’s sad but we are in some way powerless over it. Not to mention Britney lives in a house none of us will ever be able to afford in our lives. Maybe she’s somewhat happy with Sam and we should go back to worrying about our own lives that have nowhere near the level of privilege Britney’s does. Just a thought. 

the thing is unless it's explicitly demanded by her lawyer a petition to terminate the conservatorship, there really isn't any reasons why to expect a huge change in this hearing, or any other of the past hearings. 

Since the beginning we knew this was gonna be, sadly, a slow process. There was a ray of hope last year when Ingham all of a sudden started to make his moves, yet, eventually we started to see he was not going anywhere with all that circus (either because he doesn't want this to end, or because he really IS that incompetent) 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I can’t go on to Instagram one more day and see her twirling around looking hideous and spaced out.

as I've said on other posts, it's your / our choice how we see her and her posts. Hideous and spaced out, really? 

I think ever since her hiatus started, these past few months she's been looking better than ever, just because she isn't all produced like in a video or photoshoot, doesn't make her hideous, and the look in her eye has been so much better nowadays than a few years ago, when the whole freebritney started. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Slayer said:

I hope no-one is giving up on her :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I'm not "giving up on her", but I will be taking a step back. It's too much. She likes her privacy and doesn't say much about it. We literally only have assumptions about everything. It's been nearly a decade and a half. It's just draining. Then add in the Billy B drama, rumors, etc. It's a circus. 

I think Jodi as an exclusive curator with Bessemer would be a good idea! exit jamie it is time for that to change and I really hope Britney wins her case on June 25th. In an article a close source said that Britney would be ready to do the residency and the planned tour but when the health situation allows it and that she wants to resolve the current problems before ...

My expectations are low. This is going to take a lot longer for it to end. And I need people to stop falling for the narrative that once Jamie is out, everything’s fine. And I need people to stop blaming Britney for it. She’s the victim. Yeah this is draining. And I respect everyone’s choices. But I personally, am not comfortable giving up on Britney’s human rights just because I’m tired looking up updates every day. Compared to what she went through for the past decade and counting? I simply can’t do that.

• Like 1

What I’m hoping for: We all see Britney clearly state her wishes and the public rallies around her resulting in swift action.

What I’m expecting: Closed session with media reports with conflicting info on what Britney says with some outlets saying she wants out while others downplay.

What I’m bracing myself for: Closed session, her team is able to frame it as strictly procedural and not a big deal, and we’re at the status quo. Or there are connectivity issues and it’s delayed another month :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Regardless, I agree with folks that unless her speech is public (unlikely) the documentaries are likely to make the most impact on public awareness and outcry. It sounds like NYTimes is in for the long haul and Netflix will reach a huge audience.

As always, sending positive vibes to the queen. I hope her voice is heard :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Cayden said:

I think Jodi as an exclusive curator with Bessemer would be a good idea! exit jamie it is time for that to change and I really hope Britney wins her case on June 25th. In an article a close source said that Britney would be ready to do the residency and the planned tour but when the health situation allows it and that she wants to resolve the current problems before ...

Britney has no rights or freedom, no access to her money

She's ready to make money for others?

• Like 1

To be completely honest, I am not emotionally invested. I don't invest my emotions in things I am not truly familiar with. This doesn't mean I don't think this is unfair and she should be free, I do, but she is not my sister, my daughter, my mother nor a personal friend. I don't really know who she is and mostly WHAT I know are my own projections and information filtered through many others. Having said that, I truly think she won't see any changes in her life until she speaks up a la Meghan Markle. Why hasn't she done that is for her to know, but that is my honest belief. Speaking in court won't be enough, because the court system is obviously corrupt and has vastly benefited from this situation. They know what's happening and have not cared, why would they now? I think her only hope would be to physically escape and contact Oprah or something, if she really wished to be out of a conservatorship, which I assume but also ignore. 

And also guys, let's be realistic, some of her capabilities, like anxiety control, might have been or be hindered by the medication she has been given. Her constant shaking seems a lot like akathisia to me, so who knows where she is at. 

with all the control al restrictions she has, i have no faith on this "speaking" to the court thing, this all seems like a strategy of team CON to play with the movement. either she will not show up at all, the internet will go down and they will reschedule or she is going to tell the court something she has been told to do.

but hey, faith is the last thing you lose, right? </3

Watching the film "I Care A Lot" put things into perspective and I thought the conservative-ship bill was going to be approved, however it seems as if they see the profit in this. I will never give up on Britney but this cycle is exhausting truthfully I know her kids is the reason why she continues. I just can't wait for them to turn 18 at this point. Britney does not deserve this and Jamie Lynn Spears can kick rocks she's very complicit in this. 

I do not expect big changes but I wont definitely stop being a stan. You knwo what? At this point, I dont give a s-*t if she makes music or not, I dont care about concerts, singles, photoshoots, anything of that. I just wish to see a court document stating 

THE CONSERVATORSHIP HAS BEEN DISOLVED :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

If she wants to keep making music ofc I will scream and receive her with a big hug but if she doesnt, if she wants to go to Mars with her man and her kids and not knowing anything about the music industry I would wish her the best and thank her for everything.