Ricky Martin says he still suffers "PTSD" from a Barbara Walters interview questioning his orientation

Midnight

To be honest,  when he came out I was surprised for like 0.3 second and then I realized I don't care who he sleep with.

I respect him as an artist and as human just as much.

ricky martin GIF

Watching some interviews from the past, sometimes you wonder is it tv show or interrogation room

aziz ansari snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Content Curators
12 hours ago, DearBritney00 said:

I can get it if they are strangers. It's really offending but he is a celeb. If he is famous enough he has to deal with these questions. He can always lie and years later tell the truth. I think some celebs don't know what thier job is.

It's all about respect though, just because he is famous doesn't give people authority to invade his personal life like that.

Imagine how difficult it must have been for him to be harassed with people questioning him and him probably not even being comfortable with who he was at the time.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
7 hours ago, Stefani said:

This sounds like an exaggeration that Demi would say. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: PTSD is real, but I really doubt that Ricky Martin suffers from it just because Barbara Walters asked him a personal question. 

I don't think you can downplay his situation, he is after all Ricky Martin one of the most famous pop stars ever.

Imagine having the whole world look at you and question you about something your're probably not comfortable to accept yet.

Edited by Midnight

• Content Curators
5 hours ago, Brat said:

And people wonder why gays need to “come out”,  it’s because of the never ending questioning 

Exactly, I feel like we have to reach a point where people don't feel like they have a right to question you, people need to learn respect.

The funny part is that Barbara and Diane (that Britney interview) are getting a pass for those questions because they’re democratic women. If they were republicans the world would cancel those two like a Fox News anchor. Or even if both women were men, they also would be cancelled. So then, they have the privilege to get a pass.

Can totally relate to what he’s saying (except being asked on TV lol). There is an Aus swimmer Ian Thorpe who also said similar thing about always being asked on his ***uality and he didn’t come out until he was like 32 because all the time he was asked before he was ready to come out (like starting from when he was 16) he felt like he had to deny it because he wasn’t ready to come out, so then he didn’t feel able to come out for ages because ppl would say about him initially lying. PTSD can be an overused term for sure but in the case of Thorpe he had public battles with substance abuse and depression for years, which being closeted very likely contributed to. I give respect to Ricky for not denying it and just saying he didn’t feel see like clarifying it (which kinda just means yes IMO lol). In my own experience I got asked lots as a teen when I didn’t feel comfortable saying anything, so put into the position of having to lie. And also back then (early to mid 00s) ppl asked in a very negative way, more like it was an accusation. It would definitely be a lot more pleasant if ppl didn’t do that sort of thing and just let others be and say something when they’re comfortable.

9 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

it's olive oil 

A specifically crafted olive oil complex for a skin care line, added with hyaluronic acid, is not the same as plain simple olive oil. When JLo mentioned olive oil as part of her skin care line people really thought she was just promoting a line with only olive oil. People are so dense

:jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 4:15 PM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I’d like to know what you think of this conniving bitçh after this video.

She admits in the video she shouldn’t have asked… don’t see what your problem is. People are allowed to make mistakes & it’s great when they can recognize them and admit them at some point. They also discussed there was no “Perez Hilton” or these celebrity gossip sites with journalists who would put the question out there publicly, so at that time in that context of the journalistic era it was traditional journalists’ jobs to be investigative & push the envelope. We now know, in today’s era, that isn’t appropriate. Except there are media channels/forums and journalists who do still do that. They’re frowned upon now though. She owned up to her mistake. Live and let live. 

12 hours ago, MmmBop said:

She admits in the video she shouldn’t have asked… don’t see what your problem is. People are allowed to make mistakes & it’s great when they can recognize them and admit them at some point. They also discussed there was no “Perez Hilton” or these celebrity gossip sites with journalists who would put the question out there publicly, so at that time in that context of the journalistic era it was traditional journalists’ jobs to be investigative & push the envelope. We now know, in today’s era, that isn’t appropriate. Except there are media channels/forums and journalists who do still do that. They’re frowned upon now though. She owned up to her mistake. Live and let live. 

Someone else’s ***uality is still none of her business. 

• 1 year later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block