Is the snarky comment of 'Who' or 'I don't know her' overused? (Discussion)

• Content Curators

I have been wanting to make this topic for a very long time.

I've seen some members here go in upcoming, new artists' threads just to be snarky and say 'Who?'. They are new artists, and you don't know them for a reason because they are trying to make it. If everyone is as mean as you, no new artist can exist anymore.

In some cases, some go in to A-list celebs' threads and say 'I don't know her' or simply use the iconic Mariah gif. Let's first state the obvious. You are not Mariah. Then, I think we all should sit back and think if this artist is all over the world, and you not knowing them is not a really reason to for you to be proud of yourself. You are on a Pop Culture forum. Instead of being snarky, maybe Google is your best friend? Doesn't it say a lot more about yourself than the artist?

I don't mean that we have to know every artist or follow every bit of pop culture, but at least don't act all high-up when we don't know somebody.

I just wanna know if someone else finds the Mariah wanna-bes as tiring as I do.

rsz_screen_shot_2021-06-02_at_110145_am.jpg.7299c3c8b769e63d311431005990fd33.jpg

I'm sure I'm guilty myself, but it does annoy me when people do that when discussing lesser-known artists. Like, whose fault is it that you're not adventurous with your music taste and only stick to main pop girls? Says more about you than the artist "you don't know". It's especially silly if said people also complain about pop music being garbage today. If you're not willing to explore and broaden your horizons a bit, then you've got no right to complain. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I'm sure I'm guilty myself, but it does annoy me when people do that when discussing lesser-known artists. Like, whose fault is it that you're not adventurous with your music taste and only stick to main pop girls? Says more about you than the artist "you don't know". It's especially silly if said people also complain about pop music being garbage today. If you're not willing to explore and broaden your horizons a bit, then you've got no right to complain. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

I don't even think it's about them having to broaden their horizon. I feel like they just wanna act superior when they belittle newer artists. But it's cringy because they ain't no Mariahs or even J Los. I probably used to do that when I was 14, and I will probably still do that if someone decides to come for Britney's legacy.

No, for Mariah she knows jlo, but her fans embraced it, made t shirts. 

So it's part of her image now, since the fans love it.

She's not that diva in real life. 

It's just her fans created this image and for artists especially 30 to 40 years legacy acts, when you have nothing to prove..

You just do what your fans like or love you for, you don't have to win new fans..

Who meme or gif, will always be used. Yes there's google, but if it's not something they care for or wanna check out. It's just a way to be rude..that's why it's used..

I was JUST having this conversation yesterday about people thinking they're being cute by being dismissive and this whole "Who?" and "I don't know her" overuse. I personally think it is played out. I think many agree. And I think many could give a care less. It just may have to be one more thing we have to ride out till the last gay is tired of it. Feeling Silly Season 3 GIF by Living Single

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block