Pick 10 Singles That Should Have Gone Top 10 on the Single Charts

Princess of Pop: Britney Spears Songs | Download Princess of Pop: Britney  Spears MP3 Songs - Hungama

Some of my favorite singles from Pop Legend, Britney Spears, were paid dust on the Billboard charts. With the rules always changing and streaming involved, I feel way more singles by Britney would have gone top 10, if not number one. Pick your top 10 Britney singles that you feel deserved to be in the top 10, and make the top 3 of your singles list songs that should have been number one

My list (U.S. Billboard Hot 100):

1. Oops!...I Did It Again (No. 1)
  2. Toxic (No. 1)
  3. Gimme More (No. 1)
  4. Lucky
  5. Stronger
  6. I'm a Slave 4 U
  7. Everytime
  8. Piece of Me
  9. If U Seek Amy
  10. Work B/itch

Britney Spears Gifs

Edited by Midnight
  • Like 1

It blows my mind that Oops and Toxic weren't number ones, they're such iconic anthems ugh :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Mine would be very similar to yours tbh

1. Gimme More

2. Oops

3. Toxic

4. Everytime

5. Overprotected

6. Lucky

7. Slave

8. Break The Ice

9. Stronger

10. Radar

• Like 1

She was screwed by the rules at her peak. Toxic was the biggest song in the US for at least a month, but digital sales didn’t count and there was no widespread physical release. Then of course Billboard legit changed the rules to block Blackout’s #1 debut (no I have not forgiven them!)

Anyway:

1. Toxic
  2. Oops
  3. Stronger
  4. Slave
  5. Overprotected
  6. Break the Ice
  7. Mood Ring
  8. Slumber Party
  9. Everytime
  10. My Prerogative

Non-releases that deserved top 10: Breathe on Me, Cinderella, I Will Be There, Inside Out, Change Your Mind

Features that deserved top 10: Tom’s Diner

1. Oops ( no words needed) 

2. TTWE ( still don’t understand how this one didn’t reach #1)

3. Gimme More ( people were more into everything but her music around this time) 

4. Lucky ( it’a pure max martin song. A sequel to to oops production wise and britney was as big as ever this era)

1 hour ago, filmandstage13 said:

She was screwed by the rules at her peak. Toxic was the biggest song in the US for at least a month, but digital sales didn’t count and there was no widespread physical release. Then of course Billboard legit changed the rules to block Blackout’s #1 debut (no I have not forgiven them!)

Anyway:

1. Toxic
  2. Oops
  3. Stronger
  4. Slave
  5. Overprotected
  6. Break the Ice
  7. Mood Ring
  8. Slumber Party
  9. Everytime
  10. My Prerogative

Non-releases that deserved top 10: Breathe on Me, Cinderella, I Will Be There, Inside Out, Change Your Mind

Features that deserved top 10: Tom’s Diner

Honestly without any exaggeration, if the Billboard rules of today existed in Britney's prime, all of OIDIA would have charted on Billboard Top 10 (and funneling out into lower spots since the album had more than 10 tracks ; also, probably the entire "Britney" album as well. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

1. Stronger (#1) 

2. Everytime (#1) 

3. Gimme More (#1) 

4. I’m a Slave 4 U 

5. Work ***** 

6. Make Me 

7. Piece Of Me 

8. Criminal 

9. Overprotected 

10. I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman 

I know the list is only 10, but I also think Toxic, Circus, TTWE, I Wanna go, and OIDIA should have been #1’s. Lucky, Sometimes, DLMBTLTK, My Prerogative, Break The Ice, MATM, and If U Seek Amy should have been top 10. Slumber Party, perfume, and Ooh la la should have been top 40 at least. 

5 hours ago, filmandstage13 said:

Didn't they change the rules, to change them back after one week?