What’s an old scandal/rumour that new fans wouldn’t know about?

I remember when Britney gave birth to Jayden, for a few months she was hidding the baby from the cameras/paparazzi and there were some rumours that there was no baby...

I recall some paparazzi filmed Britney while she was on a dance studio and Lynne was seen carrying a maxi-cosi and then people were like "oh wait, there is really a baby"... crazy times!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 7:57 AM, IForgotYouExisted said:

A big Australian fansite, gimmebritney, leaked some stuff ahead of its release such as the Circus cover.

They posted a super cryptic video with a message saying something like "shhh! It's a secret" and when you'd pause it on the right time, a date appeared. The date was something around august 27 of 2010. It was rumoured Britney would either announce of release the leadsingle of B7.

Around all of this, producer Darkchild had been teasing on Twitter that new Britney stuff was definitely coming.

I remember checking all Britney fansites all day and nothing ever happened. 

Tons of producers demos such as "Tear The Club Up" leaked and were believed to be released on the album.

I don't know if any of this was true and got scrapped but it is confirmed by many producers that Britney had a whole album ready and Jive wasn't happy. Thr album then got scrapped and they started over what would become Femme Fatale.

Britney wanted the original record but was forced in making the album sound the way Femme Fatale does.

I remember there were writing camps being organized with tons of songwriters trying to pitch their work to Britney. I believe Orbit, the producer of "Alien" and Madonna's "Ray of Light" took part in this and confirmed these camps happened.

This was the biggest Britney rumor I have ever seen.

The other one is the Make Me fiasco. 

A reliable insider of the Las Vegas Sun who had previously leaked details of an upcoming Vegas residency which turned out to be true, first confirmed a new Britney song were to be released around May called "Make Me Ooh".

He then said Britney was gonna premiere the song at the BBMA's where she eventually did the megamix.

Before the performance, he claimed technical difficulties wouldn't allow them to premiere Make Me Ooh and so it got cut.

Given what happened with the music video, I guess the technical difficulties were cause of the incident that happened on set (BritneyxLaChapelle). We have vids where Britney seems to be shouting at the music video producer. 

Also, the BritneyxGaga collab have been rumoured almost since Gaga's career started. There was even a songname believed to be the one they recorded. Can't remember the name tho.

Daaaamn wth

On 6/2/2021 at 12:25 AM, filmandstage13 said:

It’s hard to stress just how much media space the breast implant rumors took up. I remember a People magazine piece where they were telling people how to differentiate between the 4 teen blondes (Britney/Christina/Mandy/Jessica) and there was a picture of each with a small caption. Christina’s said something like “the only one with a Grammy,” and Britney’s had something horrific like “the one whose chest suggests she may have gotten implants.”

It was disgusting. It was everywhere. 

She is so strong :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

I remember when this rumor started and how big it was. IIRC, she injured her knee around the time the Sometimes video came out (maybe even during filming?) and we didn't see her for a little while because she was on crutches. When she got back to doing appearances (while still on crutches), the media speculated the knee injury was a cover-up and that she was actually healing from breast implant surgery. 

Bruh I love this fandom. The ammount of crazy **** they've said about Britney.

My favourites were: 

Britney is an undercover agent for the CIA and George Dubya Bush and that she planned her antics to overshadow things that would embarrass the government. There's like a list of heaps of stuff from shaving her head, to the kiss to getting married for 52 hours (which coincided with something to do with the Iraq war) 

That she was gonna sing "all by myself" at bennifers wedding.

That she's secretly a lesbian and that Ellen was her partner 

That she has like ten lookalikes and when she cut her hair and dyed it brown they were all furious that they had to do the same. 

That she buys maryln Monroe's old clothes 

She was going to play Bruce Willis daughter in die hard 4 

That she was going to play a crack addict psychic prostitute in a movie

That she died and some woman is pretending to be her 

That she has to have s** with all her male dancers 

That she was auditioned by Tom Cruise to be his wife before Katie 

That she demanded no Christina Aguilera songs be played at prom 

That she was going to be in buffy but Sarah Michelle Gellar threatened to leave (they were friends)

That she was offered dukes of Hazzard and boots are walking first 

That she stole Aliyah's spot on the 2001 MTV vmas 

That britney and NSYNC were going to do a concert on the moon 

That jamie Lyn is britney's daughter 

That britneys family had to get her an exorcism

That Britney spears is secretly a college professor who is an expert in nuclear fusion 

That Britney spears is a marxist and all her songs are metaphors for the plight of the proletariat 

That a radio dj prank called britney and Justin 

That Britney and Justins house was broken into and there was booze , ***** and used *****s for everywhere 

Britney killed Tupac 

Britney and then later Katy Perry were Jon Bennett Ramsay 

If you play her songs backwards they say she's an agent of Satan 

And the craziest and most unbelievable rumour ever

Britney spears (22) is dating unemployed, married father of three former back up dancer Kevin Federline and plans to get married 

oh and that she got married in the satanic charmed way 

oh and that she's in season 5 opening of charmed 

oh and that the stair case in 2003 vmas kiss and the dresses and outfits were a satanic ritual passing on the demon from madonna to Britney or sucking britney's youth out or that it was an open initiation ceremony to the illuminati

oh and Britney was dating her male nanny her Manny 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Armchairrevolution said:

Bruh I love this fandom. The ammount of crazy **** they've said about Britney.

My favourites were: 

Britney is an undercover agent for the CIA and George Dubya Bush and that she planned her antics to overshadow things that would embarrass the government. There's like a list of heaps of stuff from shaving her head, to the kiss to getting married for 52 hours (which coincided with something to do with the Iraq war) 

That she was gonna sing "all by myself" at bennifers wedding.

That she's secretly a lesbian and that Ellen was her partner 

That she has like ten lookalikes and when she cut her hair and dyed it brown they were all furious that they had to do the same. 

That she buys maryln Monroe's old clothes 

She was going to play Bruce Willis daughter in die hard 4 

That she was going to play a crack addict psychic prostitute in a movie

That she died and some woman is pretending to be her 

That she has to have s** with all her male dancers 

That she was auditioned by Tom Cruise to be his wife before Katie 

That she demanded no Christina Aguilera songs be played at prom 

That she was going to be in buffy but Sarah Michelle Gellar threatened to leave (they were friends)

That she was offered dukes of Hazzard and boots are walking first 

That she stole Aliyah's spot on the 2001 MTV vmas 

That britney and NSYNC were going to do a concert on the moon 

That jamie Lyn is britney's daughter 

That britneys family had to get her an exorcism

That Britney spears is secretly a college professor who is an expert in nuclear fusion 

That Britney spears is a marxist and all her songs are metaphors for the plight of the proletariat 

That a radio dj prank called britney and Justin 

That Britney and Justins house was broken into and there was booze , ***** and used *****s for everywhere 

Britney killed Tupac 

Britney and then later Katy Perry were Jon Bennett Ramsay 

If you play her songs backwards they say she's an agent of Satan 

And the craziest and most unbelievable rumour ever

Britney spears (22) is dating unemployed, married father of three former back up dancer Kevin Federline and plans to get married 

oh and that she got married in the satanic charmed way 

oh and that she's in season 5 opening of charmed 

oh and that the stair case in 2003 vmas kiss and the dresses and outfits were a satanic ritual passing on the demon from madonna to Britney or sucking britney's youth out or that it was an open initiation ceremony to the illuminati

oh and Britney was dating her male nanny her Manny 

Lmao b.tch you delivered hard with this one. I haven’t even heard of some of these before. +1 for the Kevin one 

It's not exactly a scandal or a known rumor but someone here on exhale posted in a thread a fragment of an article that said some really disturbing things about a popstar in her early years, and some people alluded that it was about Britney. I'm gonna put in spoiler what I remember about the article because it's weird.

Spoiler

That article alluded to a worldwide popstar and that in the beginning when she was only a little girl, her parents were knowingly letting her alone with some producers to take advantage of her. I don't remember who was the person that was telling all those things in the article, maybe an old producer or talent manager. They basically said that the parents let producers abuse the young star in order to further her career.