Max Martin: Britney is a genius

43 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Dr Luke’s absolute peak was in the 2010s so if you think you’ve done something calling me Gen Z you’re wrong (I’m not btw) :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:Before the 10’s he produced some songs for Kelly Clarkson and Avril that also aged like sheet, especially Avril’s.

That's the last thing Avril fans wanted to hear from her (a Dr. Luke feat.), not her style, girlish, immature. And it's there because her recordcompany failed her and they wanted quick hits. 

How can you go from "Nobodys Home" or "My Happy Ending" to "What The Hell", i will never understand that, but again the recordlabel, because she had so amazing albumtracks. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

Those allegations are not true, and he produces the best music, he produced say so! 

I don't like Say So, nor Doja Cat. It's so Gen Z for me oop :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:
Even if the allegations aren't true (which we don't have a way to know, and what's for sure is that justice is very flawed), we have proof that he's been unprofessional and very rude to his other clients. Many wouldn't want to work with him ever again regardless of the Kesha drama.

18 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

That's the last thing Avril fans wanted to hear from her (a Dr. Luke feat.), not her style, girlish, immature. And it's there because her recordcompany failed her and they wanted quick hits. 

How can you go from "Nobodys Home" or "My Happy Ending" to "What The Hell", i will never understand that, but again the recordlabel, because she had so amazing albumtracks. 

Some tracks were highlights of her career (When You're Gone aged the best because he didn't touch it), but you're right, in general it feels very brat-ish, the lyrics are dumb and even misogynistic! It aged so bad in many ways, and I love Avril!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

I don't like Say So, nor Doja Cat. It's so Gen Z for me oop :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:
Even if the allegations aren't true (which we don't have a way to know, and what's for sure is that justice is very flawed), we have proof that he's been unprofessional and very rude to his other clients. Many wouldn't want to work with him ever again regardless of the Kesha drama.

Some tracks were highlights of her career (When You're Gone aged the best because he didn't touch it), but you're right, in general it feels very brat-ish, the lyrics are dumb and even misogynistic! It aged so bad in many ways, and I love Avril!

And Keep Holding On :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: It is by Dr. Luke, but this direction is for her. 

I always wanted this as a single: 

To me it makes so much more sense

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

Let go aged better than TBDT, however TBDT aged better than goodbye lullaby

32 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

And Keep Holding On :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: It is by Dr. Luke, but this direction is for her. 

I always wanted this as a single: 

To me it makes so much more sense

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

I agree with you so much when it comes to these two. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: I still think Runaway deserved to be a single and TBDT ballads solidified her as a ballad powerhouse. 

I have to admit he makes great songs *sometimes* that I enjoy to this day but it’s rare. His contributions to Pop will be forgotten for the most part  :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

10 minutes ago, Rik said:

Let go aged better than TBDT, however TBDT aged better than goodbye lullaby

I disagree but maybe because I have a soft spot for Goodbye Lullaby. Other than Smile and What The Hell (that she was forced to create because the label wanted hits) I think the rest of the songs are beautiful and don’t rely on outdated trends :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Super Mods

I worked with the guy who made poor Britney Spears sing every word separately, word for word, to get it right,” she says, referring to producer Max Martin. Lauper smacks one gloved fist into another, and emits an evil chuckle. “He didn’t try that with me. I would have had to kill him.

It’s no wonder she refuses to work with him anymore

Edit: may I also add that speaks volumes about his personality and neuroticism. The beauty in Britney’s voice are the imperfections yet he’s gonna basically make her like a Siri

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

He's not, don't believe everything you read sweety  :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

When it comes to the legal system, he’s innocent, partly because ***ual assault is so hard to prove.

But at the same time, Kesha had a lot more to lose than to gain by cutting off ties with him. And I don’t get how he won his defamation suit against her, that’s almost more difficult to prove than r***.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

He didn't leave, he's just ignoring you/us :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: I'm not complaining tho 

oh no i left :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:It's just that not much is going on and the channel was just there spamming me, so I left :orangu_orangutan_ape:

8 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Lol!! He’s a very bad producer. He should be called a recycler instead. All the music he’s produced has aged so terribly.

OP: We know Max we know :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: But I wouldn’t discard Britney calling her a “not songwriter”. He has definitely lost his midas touch for a while as well.

Totally agree with you. He sounds cheap and dated. Max Martin can go from dance hits to ballads, from rock infused to totally pop. I am not even Martin's super fan but pff he is miles ahead Luke. 

• Love 2

I feel like Max is someone that if he likes an artist, he will praise them. If not, then he just doesn't say anything.  He has worked with so many artists for almost 30 years and that even with all those experiences, he still to this day praises Britney.

Also about the dated topic. Most of music will sound dated at some point. It's the certain ones that stands the test of time as a great song, even though the sound is dated. That does not take away from the talents of the producer.

• Like 1