Millennials, How Did The World React To The Controversial MJ Baby-Dangling Incident?

• Super Mods

I remember thinking he was trying to get the baby to perch on the ledge but blanket kept kicking around and struggling. I felt a little bad for him since Michael was being genuine the whole time, he just didn’t know. 

Honestly, just like Britney, it was blown out of proportion cuz I remember my mum left my baby bro unattended while she is cooking in the kitchen only for him to roll off the bed slamming to ground with a loud thud. How should little old me blasting Britney Spears music know any better when she comes screaming at me that I should be watching out for him? 

• Love 2

I remember it being a really big deal and basically the first real sign of MJ's downfall imo. Most people were willing to look past the 1993 ***ual abuse allegation, but I remember a lot of people permanently turning on MJ in 2002 because of the balcony incident. 

Honestly though, to me it looked like MJ had a tight grip on Blanket, so I don't believe that he was ever in any real danger of falling. Obviously MJ should have used better judgment, but I remember thinking that the media really overblew the story.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods

I think I was like.....11 back then? It was really weird tbh, I know everyone who was old enough to grasp the seriousness of the situation was quite shocked. I was a kid so I was like, he aint doing anything bad? lol

• Love 1
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry for making yall feel old :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: But I am really curious on how the world reacted to this very very controversial incident.

Mind answering @PokemonSpears?

How old are you, I’m 21 so I too wanna know what the elderly thought of this initially. Did the media blow it out of proportions? I can’t say I wasn’t in the crowd of people begging to see Michael but the whole situation looked extremely dangerous regardless and mj didn’t seem to be holding him Securely too. Regardless babies are not toys, THEY MOVE. That baby could’ve start wailing and throwing it body all around and mj could’ve easily dropped him if that happened.

Those are my thoughts as a member of gen z:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Like 3

it wasn't a great idea - but new parents make mistakes, he was excited and made a terrible mistake that thankfully didn't end in catastrophe.

its like when Britney drove with her kid on her lap, it was a rookie mistake and she was heavily criticized as was Michael - what Britney did is wrong too, but as mentioned, new parents make mistakes.

I have a friend from high school who's suffered from breathing problems his whole life and his nose bleeds a little from time to time because when he was a baby his dad was playing with him and by accident hit him in the nose with a door...

it happens.

• Like 6

It was shocking and all over the news and really poor judgement. people did not take it lightly, it was all over on Covers of tabloid magazines. To be fair, the baby never looked like it was gonna fall (as some have said in this thread). 

see video; 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, car said:

It was shocking and all over the news and really poor judgement. people did not take it lightly, it was all over on Covers of tabloid magazines. To be fair, the baby never looked like it was gonna fall (as some have said in this thread). 

see video; 

It’s weird that he then covers his own face when throwing the blanket at people.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Britman512 said:

How old are you, I’m 21 so I too wanna know what the elderly thought of this initially. Did the media blow it out of proportions? I can’t say I wasn’t in the crowd of people begging to see Michael but the whole situation looked extremely dangerous regardless and mj didn’t seem to be holding him Securely too. Regardless babies are not toys, THEY MOVE. That baby could’ve start wailing and throwing it body all around and mj could’ve easily dropped him if that happened.

Those are my thoughts as a member of gen z:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Well I am pretty much 15 and I asked millennials as they were more older by the time it happened and thus it would remember it better

I dont really remember having that much of an opinion, I only began getting into music in 2003 with ITZ and Britney, I just remember it was something that was very talked about. Ive just checked the video because of this thread and damn the way he holds his baby is crazy. 

I like what Britney said when defending him that he had a weird childhood that made him do some things.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block