Dua Lipa "Love Again" music video out now!

I am SHOCKED! That video is F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. I can't believe her commitment and creative power so into an album promo. I don't get the cowboys + clowns + egg references, or even the invisible elements, but everything looks gorgeous: herself, the fashion, the dancers, the choreo, the photography, the horse! Amazing.

• Like 1

I have several thoughts:

* if any song from the album deserves to go #1, it's this one

* her proportions are absolutely insane

* the choreo could've been an awkward-looking disaster, but she pulled it off - old Dua was such an awkward dancer, and while new Dua isn't a great dancer by any means, her nonchalance and confidence make her execution look very effortless

I'm here for it. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

6 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

OK WTF is that video .... she looks great but really ... WTF

did someone get the metaphor with the egg etc?

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Well ... she's amongst a group of clowns that appear to be chasing her. We could say here that the metaphor for her love life is like a circus. A circus is a place for entertainment, humor, and fun. It's all exaggerated, much like acting. It's not really substantial. The deeper message here I believe is that underneath the make-up (or mask) or glamour, she's been sad for sometime now as we see her without a horse or we can even further say she's chasing nothing. I believe she's waiting for her knight in shining armour. We usually see this with a white horse, but all we see is a dark horse running around go nowhere. Again, I see this as meaning that for some time now men she's not interested in are "chasing" her or she's going nowhere with these guys as we see this as her suspended in the air. Again, going no where. 

Now eggs being "hatched" denotes to birth, right?  So I interpreted the cowboys trying to "catch" the eggs as meaning, trying to "hatch" the egg. As in, starting a new beginning or new phase of her love life. The whole theme of the song is love starting again much like the start of a new beginning in a relationship. You can even go further and think "hatching the egg" is getting hitched. As in marriage. The clowns are quite unsuccessful at this for awhile. Because they are "clowns" ... perhaps she's mocking them, inferring the men in her love life are juvenile. Not very serious. 

At the end, we see her embracing someone dressed in "white" and wiping the clown makeup from her lips. I see this as her reunited with the one that she wants. Not feeling like the clowns she is anymore when she's in this circus of a mess she calls her love life prior hand. 

Hope that clarifies a bit. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block