What if Britney 2007 VMAs performance was amazing?

4750b88b227bdcb9cc944e428b7a4f17.jpg

We all know this performance wasn't good but it's extremely iconic & huge pop culture moment. The world wouldn't be the same without it. Gimme More is iconic as hell, it's an amazing song. I weirdly love that performance for some reason but what if that performance was actually really good - Britney dancing like crazy like during her prime in early 2000s? 

I think cship wouldn't never happen. Her reputation of crazy lady would disappear. Every little thing in our lives can have HUGE impact on our future. I think if this performance was amazing, Britney's life would look totally different now. Would they fat shame her anyway? Probably not as everyone would focus on how good the performance was 

• Like 2

The problem is though, she was never in a position to be on the stage. And no matter how hard she tried the choreo just wasn’t there to begin with

we did however allegedly get another gem that day... recorded the day of the 07 performance. She apparently recorded mannequin the morning of the performance 

I do however agree that she wouldn’t have been labelled crazy etc. I do however think that powers like Sam Lufti and Lou were far too powerful so even if the performance was good, I don’t know if it would be enough to counter their evil abuses and agendas 

• Like 1

Honestly I think given what was going on in her personal life - it would have been impossible for the performance to be 'amazing'. Britney was troubled in 2007 and there was so much scrutiny on her at that time. Even if she had did a good job everyone would have criticised it because at that point it was a sort of sport to tear her down. 

I think she should have been allowed to release the GH at the end of 2004 then go on a long break out of the spotlight until she felt comfortable to return. Blackout is amazing but it shouldn’t have happened the way it did. Britney needed to be far away from LA and out of the spotlight entirely with her kids.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Rick101 said:

The problem is though, she was never in a position to be on the stage. And no matter how hard she tried the choreo just wasn’t there to begin with

we did however allegedly get another gem that day... recorded the day of the 07 performance. She apparently recorded mannequin the morning of the performance 

I do however agree that she wouldn’t have been labelled crazy etc. I do however think that powers like Sam Lufti and Lou were far too powerful so even if the performance was good, I don’t know if it would be enough to counter their evil abuses and agendas 

The Mannequin rehearsal was recorded in 2008, when the cship was already in place.

Good hair and a better outfit would have make a huge difference, maybe even boost Britney's confidence on stage that night. If you look at her during rehearsals with jeans a crop top, she looked amazing.

I think we wouldn't have gotten Circus, but the scrapped Blackout re-release. About her personal life, some intervention would have eventually happened, but not to the extreme of the conservatorship. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CJMCH said:

The Mannequin rehearsal was recorded in 2008, when the cship was already in place.

Good hair and a better outfit would have make a huge difference, maybe even boost Britney's confidence on stage that night. If you look at her during rehearsals with jeans a crop top, she looked amazing.

I think we wouldn't have gotten Circus, but the scrapped Blackout re-release. About her personal life, some intervention would have eventually happened, but not to the extreme of the conservatorship. 

No I’m talking about the song itself not the rehearsal, that was just the visual I wanted to attach