Dua Lipa's third album will be something completely different

She has great songs and FN is an amazing album but she is so forgettable and boring as a performer.  I think she got lucky having one of the only albums in the pandemic that she frequently promoted -- which all paid off.   I just wish her sound and album matched her as a person (a la Britney,  Beyonce, Taylor) but I think she's more Katy Perry than any of those 3....

• Like 1

Her first album was More R&B Lite and more relatable with songs like New rules and IDGAF, then her second album went towards dance pop inspired by collabs from Calvin Harris and Silk City, now Miley brought her into the Rock world and Were good really didn't fit The rest of the new Music on the moonlight edition so something tells me that's the direction of her Third album. 

I'm actually happy, she will have a different sound aesthetic for each album. 

Here for it..

• Like 1

I hope she decides to take a break in-between albums. I know she's young and able, but she's been working non-stop and extremely hard since she released "Don't Start Now", and she's done amazing, but it's been a rollercoaster. She's basically done it all with this album. We already know what happens with young stars, they become successful and they are on a roll but we're still humans and we need time to rest (both physically and mentally, and even spiritually), and process things. And honestly? I don't want to be a downer but I feel like she's either working purely on adrenaline or... she's using or will use some kind of **** to cope. I mean come on, we're not machines, and she's working like one. Sooner or later, that will take a toll on her health if she does not stop for a second. We already know what happened to Britney... I hope she realizes that.

3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I hope she decides to take a break in-between albums. I know she's young and able, but she's been working non-stop and extremely hard since she released "Don't Start Now", and she's done amazing, but it's been a rollercoaster. She's basically done it all with this album. We already know what happens with young stars, they become successful and they are on a roll but we're still humans and we need time to rest (both physically and mentally, and even spiritually), and process things. And honestly? I don't want to be a downer but I feel like she's either working purely on adrenaline or... she's using or will use some kind of **** to cope. I mean come on, we're not machines, and she's working like one. Sooner or later, that will take a toll on her health if she does not stop for a second. We already know what happened to Britney... I hope she realizes that.

Unfortunately Daniel EK of spotify has basically said Music artists are replaceable in the streaming era, you have to keep your Audience constantly fed or otherwise you're out faster. 

And I don't know, but I feel a lot of artists had plenty of time off thanks to the pandemic. They released music, but it wasn't a normal promo schedule.  

Most did zoom calls and virtual concerts. 

@Slayer can tell you. That's what Jesy liked, she got to stay home and perform virtually. 

She and most acts including Ariana hate living out of a suitcase, they just wanna release Music . Ariana only tours cos her fans want to see her, but since Manchester, she really hates traveling overseas a lot. 

So there's very creative ways to release Music and the pandemic has helped people with serious anxiety learn how to release Music and make sure it's known without touring, or promoting.  

12 hours ago, Stefani said:

Well she's over. The gays around here, gay Twitter, and ATRL only stan her because she makes generic nu-disco dance-pop. Once she ditches that formula, she'll lose half her stanbase.

Sweetie, she started this whole nu-disco trend so don't try :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

OT:

12 hours ago, Slayer said:

I'm looking forward to her future releases to see what sort of sound she goes for!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

“Milking” you know what artists used to do back in the day? This is a proper era. Sucks for those who stan people releasing two singles and moving onto the next album. Can’t relate :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

This!

It’s sad that an artist who takes pride in their work and wants to put the energy into promoting is said to be “milking the era.” Like no honey, this is what hard work and passion looks like.

Like you said, all these other artists are merely here to make music, cash in on it and move on. To be honest, it’s those types of artists that have cheapened the music industry and taken the excitement out of it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Sia said:

This!

It’s sad that an artist who takes pride in their work and wants to put the energy into promoting is said to be “milking the era.” Like no honey, this is what hard work and passion looks like.

Like you said, all these other artists are merely here to make music, cash in on it and move on. To be honest, it’s those types of artists that have cheapened the music industry and taken the excitement out of it.

If an era doesn’t have a minimum of four singles/videos then I don’t consider it an era. Britney’s last era was a decade ago :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Unfortunately Daniel EK of spotify has basically said Music artists are replaceable in the streaming era, you have to keep your Audience constantly fed or otherwise you're out faster. 

And I don't know, but I feel a lot of artists had plenty of time off thanks to the pandemic. They released music, but it wasn't a normal promo schedule.  

Most did zoom calls and virtual concerts. 

@Slayer can tell you. That's what Jesy liked, she got to stay home and perform virtually. 

She and most acts including Ariana hate living out of a suitcase, they just wanna release Music . Ariana only tours cos her fans want to see her, but since Manchester, she really hates traveling overseas a lot. 

So there's very creative ways to release Music and the pandemic has helped people with serious anxiety learn how to release Music and make sure it's known without touring, or promoting.  

Right, but that was not Dua's case. Since the beginning of 2020, except for touring she has done it ALL, you name it. There is no other artist that has worked as hard as her this past year and a half. I was talking about her specifically.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:45 AM, MIKE_INT said:

She might be able to pull "Madonna" and re-invent herself with new style with each new album/era

I personally would love if she goes with electronic - experimental way, to have her "Ray Of Light" era

I thought the whole "Ray of Light" reference means when an artist is already past their peak age and career-wise and they make a comeback with a mature artsy-fartsy album that's a hit. Madonna was around 40 years old with Ray of Light...Dua ain't even 30 yet 

:slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

12 hours ago, femmepop said:

I thought the whole "Ray of Light" reference means when an artist is already past their peak age and career-wise and they make a comeback with a mature artsy-fartsy album that's a hit. Madonna was around 40 years old with Ray of Light...Dua ain't even 30 yet 

:slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

I meant "Ray Of Light" when it comes to style and quality of music Happy Friday Night Lights GIF

On 5/30/2021 at 3:23 PM, PlayDestroy said:

Ew you miserable old f*gs are such haters. She’s the moment, hate it or not. Everyone loves her, get over yourselves. She gets radio play, she gets views, the people love her. She’s better than her last era :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

Agreed. I swear some People on exhale live under a damn rock 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block