Cruella not so Deville

I mean its still Disney so it cant be dark. Emma said Disney put a smoking ban on their films, so she couldn't use Cruella's iconic long cigarette. 

I liked it. I def wanted it to be waaaay violent and dark but I get it. I thought it was more like Mean Girls. 

The new girl that looked up to the one with the glory, but the same glorified person takes away whats important to her. So new girl secretly sabotages everything from the her and makes her seem irrelevant. Then of course the once naive girl becomes full of herself and loses her friends that stood by her from the get go. Things blow up in her face and all is exposed. The girl is humbled and asks for forgiveness from the friends and redeems herself. 

The only difference was the last bit of the film where they all scheme to expose the Baroness aka the Regina George.

Emma was right when she said the film is not like The Joker. I felt that movie was more about the stigma of mental illness and society's lack of empathy and how that conditioned a man to become a horrific person. Cruella's "turning point" seemed more singular and that's what sent her down her path. 

For a Disney live action, it's prob one of my faves but again if Disney didnt always have to have such a goody goody image, this film could've been so twisted and full of stronger emotions

• Like 2
15 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I mean its still Disney so it cant be dark. Emma said Disney put a smoking ban on their films, so she couldn't use Cruella's iconic long cigarette. 

I liked it. I def wanted it to be waaaay violent and dark but I get it. I thought it was more like Mean Girls. 

The new girl that looked up to the one with the glory, but the same glorified person takes away whats important to her. So new girl secretly sabotages everything from the her and makes her seem irrelevant. Then of course the once naive girl becomes full of herself and loses her friends that stood by her from the get go. Things blow up in her face and all is exposed. The girl is humbled and asks for forgiveness from the friends and redeems herself. 

The only difference was the last bit of the film where they all scheme to expose the Baroness aka the Regina George.

Emma was right when she said the film is not like The Joker. I felt that movie was more about the stigma of mental illness and society's lack of empathy and how that conditioned a man to become a horrific person. Cruella's "turning point" seemed more singular and that's what sent her down her path. 

For a Disney live action, it's prob one of my faves but again if Disney didnt always have to have such a goody goody image, this film could've been so twisted and full of stronger emotions

It's not about dark , the storyline runs thin and characters very one dimensional. Even if this is cruella origin story does not line up nice with the actual villain in 101 dalmatian 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, migeal said:

It's not about dark , the storyline runs thin and characters very one dimensional. Even if this is cruella origin story does not line up nice with the actual villain in 101 dalmatian 

Agree it doesnt align well with the original version of Cruella. These Disney villian films are always trying to redeem them and honestly I just want them bad. I dont want to put spoilers out but the reasoning they gave to why Cruella hates dalmations in this film made me think, okay I could see that. But by the end it makes no sense. Also Pongo and Pretty having puppies would then be inbreeding...:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Like 2

I really enjoyed it actually! I didn’t mind that she wasn’t so evil. She was a hard a55 because of her DNA and all the struggles brought onto her. I thought both Emma’s carried their roles so well and did amazing. The fashion was great, I’d watch it again easily :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 2K16NEY said:

I really enjoyed it actually! I didn’t mind that she wasn’t so evil. She was a hard a55 because of her DNA and all the struggles brought onto her. I thought both Emma’s carried their roles so well and did amazing. The fashion was great, I’d watch it again easily :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

Taste 

• Like 1

If anything, it shows you what happens when you adopt two personas. 

Cruella was there, she was just suppressed because somebody raised her differently

It's basically about the rejection of a parent and how that anger can harbor and last. 

Just watch the movie, you'll understand what it feels like for a child to be rejected and not loved by their actual parents, as adopted love sometime feels fake

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block