Why arent the 2000 and 2001 VMA performances on youtube?

• Super Mods

I know, right??

I blame Viacom (the company that owns MTV)

They have SO much amazing footage of award shows yet they dont show it.

If they were smart, they would put them on Paramount Plus for that way, not only do

they make a profit but we see it as well.

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Did MTV really take them down or was it a geoblocking issue? Still, it’s stupid. Don’t know why they would do that. And Viacom keep taking down fan uploads.... yeah well maybe if you put it on YouTube officially fans wouldn’t feel the need to upload it?

Apparently they ALWAYS do this. Constantly take them down then reupload them, it's so bizarre. I personally think she should have the 1999, 2000, 2001 & 2003 performances on her own channel just like she has the 2016 ones. But its not like we can expect good things from her current team :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

Apparently they ALWAYS do this. Constantly take them down then reupload them, it's so bizarre. I personally think she should have the 1999, 2000 & 2001 performances on her own channel just like she has the 2016 ones. But its not like we can expect good things from her current team :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

Yeah, the 1990 Vogue VMA performance in on Madonna's channel and it already has 43M views.

• Like 3

@Salsa555 it’s not her team, I doubt it’s her team. (At most her team is too cheap to buy the clips from MTV It’s because they’re too busy enslaving Britney like an animal, but this isn’t their fault tbh it’s marketing strategy). 

MTV is most likely reuploading the 2001 performance for the 20th anniversary this year. Plus with all the hype around Free Britney, this adds to her legacy.

@Style.

I hate to say it, but as a business MTV is actually making the right career move by taking down the 2001 VMA for the 20th anniversary. Besides, you’re all gonna get it in the highest quality this year so be excited more than anything! 
it would be amazing if they could show us some retro clips from the lead up to the 2001 VMAs performance 

or her red carpet interviews 

1 hour ago, DJBringItBack said:

I believe it’s a copyright problem it happens with other artists too, I wish they would give us real HD of them though the quality is not great. 

the original quality is not that great to begin with though so keep this in mind because they can only remaster so much 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

What r u talking about...first result on utube is the  2000 performance and it was uploaded 7 years ago...maybe u just sont know how to look?

Bish I'm talking about a HQ official version, MTV had one uploaded the 2000 performance last year it already had 2 million views but they took it down. The 2001 performance is even worse cause the fan uploaded versions are all edited and lack some part in order not to infringe copyright terms.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, 4darkchildney said:

I think they take them down every year so they can re-post them around the VMAs to create some hype, but I could be wrong

No you’re right. I feel like they upload them every year around the time it happens but then they disappear which is stupid. Why upload it over and over again just to take it down? But then again MTV hasn’t gotten anything right since 2010. 

• Like 3