Tik Tik Boom's demo was NOT by G.R.L. after all

A trustable source has revealed that the Tik Tik Boom demo did not include GRL's vocals after all. The vocals were done by Onique "Sparrow" Williams, which is one of the writers of the track.

This could lead up to think that the song was actually not meant for GRL, but that has not been confirmed.

This YouTube video is only for reference. The info comes from 2 different guys who collect reference demo tracks and are very active on Genius and Soundcloud.

• Like 3

Ohh dddd. That version of the song might still have been for GRL, I mean demos are usually sung by session singers or the songwriters.

I actually prefer that version to Britney's, although Britney's isn't bad either. I just think the T.I. rap kinda ruins it.

• Like 1

What I wanna know is how we got from that demo to Britney’s Tik Tik Boom :ehidk_britney_um_eek: I love TTB. I know it isn’t everyone’s favorite but I do love it. I wish it was a single/ there was a performance. This demo sounds extremely 2009? It’s fascinating how it went from this to the almost trap-like instrumental we got

1 hour ago, Isla said:

Ohh dddd. That version of the song might still have been for GRL, I mean demos are usually sung by session singers or the songwriters.

I actually prefer that version to Britney's, although Britney's isn't bad either. I just think the T.I. rap kinda ruins it.

Tbh same here. TI ruins the song and Britney's voice sounds too high

• Love 1
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

What I wanna know is how we got from that demo to Britney’s Tik Tik Boom :ehidk_britney_um_eek: I love TTB. I know it isn’t everyone’s favorite but I do love it. I wish it was a single/ there was a performance. This demo sounds extremely 2009? It’s fascinating how it went from this to the almost trap-like instrumental we got

It got leaked as a GRL demo. I remember it being posted on music blogs back in that time.

• Love 2