'Once upon a one more time" musical is alive and premiering in Washington DC this November

Once Upon A One More Time, the Broadway-bound musical featuring the music of Britney Spears, is now set to have its world premiere at Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington, DC later this year!

The production was previously scheduled to have its world premiere in Chicago in April 2020, but was forced to cancel the run due to the pandemic.

Written by Jon Hartmere, and directed and choreographed by Keone and Mari Madrid, the production will play Sidney Harman Hall from November 30, 2021   through January 2, 2022

It's expected to hit Broadway in 2022!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/ONCE-UPON-A-ONE-MORE-TIME-Sets-Pre-Broadway-World-Premiere-For-Washington-DC-in-November-20210527?fbclid=IwAR1CKJMVyhctPkFkd1diGwdD9TWs5iTWQAIOGDrEazl6MVB-7PpAyOoOaek 

Here's new art for the musical:

ngcb17

As a fan of musicals I must confess I'm so excited for this  :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Heitorzinho said:

I know this is not the right time, and I know team CON is on to this... but a musical inspired by her songs, with a fairy-tale feminist tale it's really ideal. So yeah, bittersweet feelings

Exactly my thoughts

• Love 2
  • Leader
16 minutes ago, Heitorzinho said:

I know this is not the right time, and I know team CON is on to this... but a musical inspired by her songs, with a fairy-tale feminist tale it's really ideal. So yeah, bittersweet feelings

Agreed. They probably will really lean into this princess in the castle theme which I also dont know how to feel about 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
13 minutes ago, Heitorzinho said:

Team CON was in charge of negotiations with the production company in 2017, but keep in mind all people involved in this musical are in fact Broadway experts (producers, writers, stage managers, coreographers, actors, etc) and Sony bought the movie adaptation 

One of the cast members actually said this musical talks about princesses breaking free and coming together as women empowerment so I'm not sure this is the wrong timing to release it with Britney's current situation  :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

That’s such a horrible title. Idk whoever green lit that. Once upon a one more time :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words: that doesn’t even make sense :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

it means re-telling the ending of different fairy tales, like Rapunzel is meant to be stuck in a tower until prince charming comes to rescue her but this time she decides to escape the tower by herself :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I think it's smart title that connects to both fairy tales and Britney: Once upon a... one more time :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Will this be the first thing officially released since free Britney? I don’t know how I feel about it - I mean at the end of the day is inspired by her music and not something she actively participates of - so I guess it is kinda ok?

still I wonder if fans will attend wearing free Britney shirts or if they will chant ... I guess we’ll have to wait and see... maybe it’ll even get vandalized.

• Love 1

I remember when Lou posted the poster and wrote how "they" worked hard on that project. Larry signed for the movie adaptation...

To me this is no different than The Zone, another cash grab for Britney's team. 

I can't support more cheap milking. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
45 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

maybe it’ll even get vandalized.

That would be horrible and pointless. Brit won't even be there so who cares? The way I see it, it's only a sweet homage to her legacy. I doubt teamcon is gonna meaningfully profit from this so I hope crazy fans don't ruin the experience for us normal adults.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
Just now, Buffybot said:

I remember when Lou posted the poster and wrote how "they" worked hard on that project. Larry signed for the movie adaptation...

To me this is no different than The Zone, another cash grab for Britney's team. 

I can't support more cheap milking. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I don't know if I buy that. Of course Lou Taylor said she was working hard on it, anything to justify her role at the time. They're esentially just licensing her music, and live shows like this don't really make a ton of bank so I doubt there's much money on the table for teamcon. My grocery store plays everytime (along with a ton of other random top 40 hits) as background music, I'm sure teamcon gets a tiny profit from that but I'm not gonna stop shopping there for that reason. I go there for food not music. Similarly, this show is about the featured actors, their craft, and honoring Brit's legacy. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for boycotting the brand until our girl is free but this doesn't fit under that umbrella imo.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nthenwkiss said:

still I wonder if fans will attend wearing free Britney shirts or if they will chant ... I guess we’ll have to wait and see... maybe it’ll even get vandalized.

I hope not

I get that its bad timing and in the current circumstances feels like a cheap cash grab but for all we know Britney may be really excited about this and we know she was getting involved before and I just think there's a high chance that if that happens it could really upset Britney

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Agreed. They probably will really lean into this princess in the castle theme which I also dont know how to feel about 

But it's been written and worked long before the FB movement became big or even aware to the GP... Very unlikely they're going to go through a series of re-writes and all the approvals that would need just to fit a character arc closer to Britney's current state now... Anyone doing a Broadway show has hopes that the show will be continue to be performed for years, so the overall inspiration of Britney is what this was created on, not having anything to do with resonating with similarities of her conservatorship.

I think everything to do with this musical is a great thing to happen for her brand, I just hope she can get her legal things sorted out before 2022 so she actually gets the money from it when it goes to Broadway. It's obvious she gave it her personal stamp of approval. 

1 hour ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I don't know if I buy that. Of course Lou Taylor said she was working hard on it, anything to justify her role at the time. They're esentially just licensing her music, and live shows like this don't really make a ton of bank so I doubt there's much money on the table for teamcon. My grocery store plays everytime (along with a ton of other random top 40 hits) as background music, I'm sure teamcon gets a tiny profit from that but I'm not gonna stop shopping there for that reason. I go there for food not music. Similarly, this show is about the featured actors, their craft, and honoring Brit's legacy. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for boycotting the brand until our girl is free but this doesn't fit under that umbrella imo.  

I understand your point. I Just think selling tickets and then making a movie about it (don't know If they still have plans for that) seems like the same milking to me.

If fans wants to see It live that's fine, I won't preach about what other people should do with their money, but everything that has Lou and Larry names on It, I will not support at all.

But yeah, the performers have nothing to do with this.

• Like 1

I mean at the end of the day the songs are being licensed through Sony, and Britney probably sees little from the licensing use of her songs especially as she only has writing credits in like 1-2 of her biggest hits. And if this is just a musical using her music and not her likeness, I think it’s likely team con won’t see much money from this. IMO it’s a good way to honor her legacy, and I’m very excited about the arrangements they’re gonna do for the songs. I wonder if they’ll keep them similar to the ogs like in Mama Mia or make them more showtuney.

• Like 2