Katy Perry's "Electric" fails to chart on the Billboard Hot 100

Slayer

I think Katy has a great voice for pop music tbh. She's just stuck releasing really forgettable, cookie-cutter material for years now with no growth.

Harleys in Hawaii and Never really Over were huge bops so I won't count her out. With the right production she can shine on a catchy pop track but I don't see her ever reaching her TD era heights ,which is fine tbh.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2021 at 6:08 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This comment in 2021 is laughable. If Britney released this same song with Pikachu today it would 100% chart. Not you drowning with the sinking Clowny ship. That was an understatement. You are sleeping at the bottom of the ocean at this point :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Yeah but thats bcuz Britney and Pokemon both were in their peaks at the same time so of course people would tune in. It's pretty remarkable that Katy stil gathered alot of attention from the video and look, the song is a hit now :D

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yeah but thats bcuz Britney and Pokemon both were in their peaks at the same time so of course people would tune in. It's pretty remarkable that Katy stil gathered alot of attention from the video and look, the song is a hit now :D

I’m not gonna say no more on this for now because I’m starting to feel the effects of my second Covid vaccine :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Haha 3
On 5/27/2021 at 10:18 PM, MikeSim said:

The main issue I'm seeing isn't that her stuff is bad, it's just not catchy stuff by hit makers at the moment. She needs to go back to catchy fun pop tunes. The moment she tried to go all deep and have a message is when it all went wrong. People don't go to Katy for a message, they go for a good time. 

I think it’s just coming down to this at this point. Breezy adult contemporary pop is not sticking for her (the writing on the wall can be traced back to Unconditionally flopping). Electric and Daisies are cute, but something like Never Really Over is what the public actually want.

• 8 months later...
On 5/26/2021 at 3:48 PM, Blackout2006 said:

She's not really flopping though. She just caame back from an era that performed very well and even had 2 hits in the last era, going in for a Vegas residency, featured in a hit season of American Idol and just got a partnership with one of the biggest franchises. Not a flop if u ask me :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1
On 5/26/2021 at 9:05 PM, CcddAlta said:

I think it’s kinda weird how Katy suddenly just stopped being on top of the charts.

Sometimes I wonder what’s really happening behind the scenes. I know the Dr Luke’s case with Kesha had a lot of influence on Katy’s downfall, but I also believe that record labels and agencies just see artists as puppets. 
Once they considered Katy too old or not enough for the industry then they  just stopped promoting her. 
The fact that she is flopping is not only on her. 

At least she was able to make a lot of money during her good days 😅

This is what I keep thinking.

For some reason it seems to me like she stopped receiving support from her label. If I’m not mistaken she had to finance herself part of the material of her last album, didn’t she?

I also think that there’s something that doesn’t add up. She’s got a lot of exposure on the tv show, she got one of the most lucrative deals in Vegas and her shows are packed but then again she’s struggling to chart. What’s happening? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

13 hours ago, Speed X said:

This is what I keep thinking.

For some reason it seems to me like she stopped receiving support from her label. If I’m not mistaken she had to finance herself part of the material of her last album, didn’t she?

I also think that there’s something that doesn’t add up. She’s got a lot of exposure on the tv show, she got one of the most lucrative deals in Vegas and her shows are packed but then again she’s struggling to chart. What’s happening? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

People are disgusted of her behavior about Britney, Gaga and Mariah. Taylor Swift steal all her pop fans and GP. Katy didn't envolve and now doesn't seen as hot, young and **** as she was during early stages of her career, but desperate, old and has been. NO ONE truly cares about her or her music.  
Even her Vegas show is a hot childish mess with dancing toilet. 
Also Dr Luke and Bonnie don't write her hits anymore. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block