Katy Perry's "Electric" fails to chart on the Billboard Hot 100

Slayer

For comparison, Pokémon 25's first single, Post Malone's Only Wanna Be With You, charted at #74 on the Hot 100.

The Pokémon fanbase is comprised of mostly adults by now, and though they've been slowly acknowledging the fact in recent years, Pokémon still acts as if they thought the vast majority of their fans were kids, which is not true. 

The general consensus I feel among the Pokémon fandom is that they don't identify with the artists they've announced for this project, yet they understand they're catering to the young audiences. But apparently young audiences couldn't care less about these songs, or a 25th anniversary. 

Generally, I think Post Malone's song was more well received, mostly because of the sampling of the game's music, but other than that I don't think it's something anyone asked for.

For artists that have videos with over a billion views, you'd expect any song they put on their channel to be an instant hit, but I'm just checking the numbers of Katy's Smile era videos, and now I get why the Pokémon song only got 20M views so far :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Arthurfleck said:

Katy, beg dr Luke and circuit to come back, #metoo is so over, no one is gonna cancel a hitmaker.

They are over. 

Dr. Luke had to change his name, I don't know.  I mean sony fired him, bought his label. He's cancelled.  Jlo got heat for ain't your mama, but Meghan trainer revealed she literally just copied and pasted the song. Just sing over the instrumental 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

For comparison, Pokémon 25's first single, Post Malone's Only Wanna Be With You, charted at #74 on the Hot 100.

The Pokémon fanbase is comprised of mostly adults by now, and though they've been slowly acknowledging the fact in recent years, Pokémon still acts as if they thought the vast majority of their fans were kids, which is not true. 

The general consensus I feel among the Pokémon fandom is that they don't identify with the artists they've announced for this project, yet they understand they're catering to the young audiences. But apparently young audiences couldn't care less about these songs, or a 25th anniversary. 

Generally, I think Post Malone's song was more well received, mostly because of the sampling of the game's music, but other than that I don't think it's something anyone asked for.

For artists that have videos with over a billion views, you'd expect any song they put on their channel to be an instant hit, but I'm just checking the numbers of Katy's Smile era videos, and now I get why the Pokémon song only got 20M views so far :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

They should have done this album, during Pokemon go.

But like you said they are trying to appeal to an audience that isn't checking for them.

26 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Can we talk about the fact that Katy’s obnoxiously shaded and disrespected Mariah, Britney and Taylor? 

Those are the 3 best selling female artists of three separate decades: Mariah (90s), Britney (00s) and Taylor (10s).

And now her career is in the toilet. Who would’ve expected?

This is weird since Taylor literally branded two of her songs (LWYMMD, BB) just to diss Katy, and she's not being called out for it. :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Electric failed to connect with the Pokemon fans, since Katy used Pikachu like a side character of her own story in the music video.

But with Katy's current relevancy, it's impossible for her to cross 500 million views with any music videos she'll put out in the future. But Pokemon company is probably looking for profit, knowing Katy's huge impact in promotion just based of her social media pages alone.

And just a fun fact, Harley Davidson earned almost $40 million dollar revenue with Harleys In Hawaii, despite the track failed to chart on BBH100 and with only more than 30 million views on YouTube.

Can your fave's flop single do that? :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block