Katy Perry's "Electric" fails to chart on the Billboard Hot 100

Slayer

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, davidspears said:

Well 'Swimming in the stars' and 'Matches' did not chart either.

lol dont be silly. Britney didnt even know these were released in the first place. The situations couldn't be more different :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:and they weren't singles either+no music video. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Right? Atleast the last time Katy had a hit was 2 years ago and not a 2012 A.D ago like Britney :bibliahh:

You're such a troll - Britney hasn't released since 2016 and why are you comparing Britney to Katy when Britney has been in the game MUCH longer.

Britney was and has been doing well for someone at her stage in her career. That last 'hit' occurred 14 years into her career, whereas Katy is flopping within the 10 year mark.

Britney was still thriving 10+ years into her career, meanwhile Katy has been flopping at that stage in her career.

Refrain from responding KatyClown.

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Swimming In The Star had promotion unlike Electric yet failed to chart. 

Okay you're officially a deluded Katy CLOWN.

Electric has been promoted so much more, for starters it had an actual video and she is representing a MASSIVE franchise and she has plummeted :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

• Haha 3
  • Like 3
28 minutes ago, Slayer said:

You're such a troll - Britney hasn't released since 2016 and why are you comparing Britney to Katy when Britney has been in the game MUCH longer.

Britney was and has been doing well for someone at her stage in her career. That last 'hit' occurred 14 years into her career, whereas Katy is flopping within the 10 year mark.

Britney was still thriving 10+ years into her career, meanwhile Katy has been flopping at that stage in her career.

Refrain from responding KatyClown.

So? The peaks and longevities of artist have reduced ever since Britney's debut so thats invalid :bibliahh: Never Really Over alone is bigger than any post-2013 Britney so what's the point of this "10 yEaR mArK" thing :bibliahh: 

29 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Okay you're officially a deluded Katy CLOWN.

Electric has been promoted so much more, for starters it had an actual video and she is representing a MASSIVE franchise and she has plummeted :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

gurl :orangu_orangutan_ape:it was promoted on a spotify ad and mentioned on her insta :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:that's not promotion I promise you lol

Swimming In The Ocean-

Spotify promotion

Urban Outfitters vinyl promotion

Twitter promotion

Itunes promotion

Electric-

Video

Backed up by a famous franchise

SEE?!?!?!??!!? :bibliahh:

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, corpsetranger said:

Katy Clown bloody floppage? :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: The moment I have been waiting for since 2008 :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed::urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed::urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

She's not really flopping though. She just caame back from an era that performed very well and even had 2 hits in the last era, going in for a Vegas residency, featured in a hit season of American Idol and just got a partnership with one of the biggest franchises. Not a flop if u ask me :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

She's not really flopping though. She just caame back from an era that performed very well and even had 2 hits in the last era, going in for a Vegas residency, featured in a hit season of American Idol and just got a partnership with one of the biggest franchises. Not a flop if u ask me :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

I don't ask you :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree::nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree::nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Swimming In The Ocean-

Spotify promotion

Twitter promotion

Itunes promotion

Electric-

Video

Idk if you're just acting dumb?

Electric CLEARLY had much more promo :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

SITS was an unreleased 4-5 year old bonus track that was tweeted.

Electric had a music video, supporting a humongous franchise that is widely publicised for their anniversary and obviously it's been promoted online too - on a MUCH larger platform. Katy has more followers and Pokemon has many followers - you're just acting deluded if you seriously think SITS had more promo :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Idk if you're just acting dumb?

Electric CLEARLY had much more promo :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

SITS was an unreleased 4-5 year old bonus track that was tweeted.

Electric had a music video, supporting a humongous franchise that is widely publicised for their anniversary and obviously it's been promoted online too - on a MUCH larger platform. Katy has more followers and Pokemon has many followers - you're just acting deluded if you seriously think SITS had more promo :clownery_makeup_meme:

Yeahh but still. The song was still promoted and it didn't even chart so theres no point poking fun at Katy :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Yeahh but still. The song was still promoted and it didn't even chart so theres no point poking fun at Katy :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Why would anyone expect a 4-5 year unreleased song that no-one knows about with no video to chart? 

Just refrain from responding, you just continue to look silly :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: You'd expect a song from a massive franchise, with a video, large social media platform and like you said the singer appearing on American Idol to do better because they are 'so relevant' and killing it according to you.

Just accept it is a flop and move on.

• Haha 4
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Swimming In The Ocean-

Spotify promotion

Twitter promotion

Itunes promotion

Electric-

Video

mmm...nope sorry, can't accept this as legitimate. I wanna make clear that I'm in no way a Katy hater, I'm always glad to see people succeeding with their efforts and I'm sorry to see Katy is not seeing success with this, because I like it. 

But you gotta be realistic here, this song is backed up by POKEMON. That ALONE is x100 times the promo swimming in the stars had gotten. Plus, none of the promos for itunes, vynil(people who buy vynil are collectors, not GP), spotify etc. is nearly enough to make a single chart, ESPECIALLY if the artist is completely disconnected from it and doesnt even know it was released in the first place.

I appreciate Katy and I like the song, I just don't see the point of you brining the whole mess that swimming in the stars is into this whole thing. This song is disconnected from its artist, it basically barely even has one. So it's pointless to compare. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
34 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Why would anyone expect a 4-5 year unreleased song that no-one knows about with no video to chart? 

Just refrain from responding, you just continue to look silly :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: You'd expect a song from a massive franchise, with a video, large social media platform and like you said the singer appearing on American Idol to do better because they are 'so relevant' and killing it according to you.

Just accept it is a flop and move on.

Angry Woman GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block