Katy Perry's "Electric" fails to chart on the Billboard Hot 100

Slayer

3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Damn she's really flopping again??

It makes me wonder if people will even go to her residency,

I mean they are letting her flop hard.

She either needs to step up her game or just retire imo

The VIP package amounting $1,299 has been sold out within 20 minutes. The girl is still selling.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

She needs a rebrand but I think she has past that point. She has been coasting on cheesy looks and mediocre music since 2013. After prism she really should have went in a totally different direction music and style wise. And going blonde was the wrong choice. Trust me

And Witness took that detour of rebranding herself and her sound. I don't know why people like you cease to acknowledge that risk just because it wasn't well received by the public and charts. She had given her shot taking the "experimental" phase of her career and it didn't work, even putting her to degree where everyone hates her. 

She just does what she wants now, let her be. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Totally agree.

I feel like she is still trying to be the "quirky" bubblegum popstar that she was before

but is failing miserably. She's almost 40 yet still has childish visuals and songs in her catalog.

I mean all the cotton candy bubblegum asthetic was cute when she was in her 20s but now as

an aging 37 yr old new mother, its just immature.

I feel like her core fan base outgrew her cause she never matured in her music.

I also think the reason why shes flopping is cause she doesnt have talent to back her up.

Like Lady Gaga for example:

She was flopping for a while with Artpop but made a HUGE comeback with A Star Is Born

and her Chromatica album because she has great vocals and acting skills.

I highly doubt Katy can act or release an album as good as Gaga's.

Her best days are behind her but we will always have Teenage Dream and Prism to love

I don't think it would be that bad if she was still doing the stuff she was doing during her most successful eras. Thing is, she actually tried to go for a different direction and that's when she started flopping.

As someone said, she either should go back to work with the producers that were giving her hits back then or something, but she really needs something more interesting.

I don't know why they're so afraid to bring EDM uptempos back :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white: Maybe she would have more luck doing something like that, or something more pop/rock like Hot and Cold. 

• Super Mods
48 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think it would be that bad if she was still doing the stuff she was doing during her most successful eras. Thing is, she actually tried to go for a different direction and that's when she started flopping.

As someone said, she either should go back to work with the producers that were giving her hits back then or something, but she really needs something more interesting.

I don't know why they're so afraid to bring EDM uptempos back :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white: Maybe she would have more luck doing something like that, or something more pop/rock like Hot and Cold. 

True.

I definitely think if EDM came back, she would have another big hit.

Oh how I miss the early days of her career :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Urbanney said:

The song is not good and she just released a whole album of not good songs less than a year ago and has been releasing single after single for like 2 years now that have also generally been… not good.

I just listened to some of smile tonight at the gym. Idgaf what ppl say or that it flopped. It’s a good album.

electric not so good tho

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, ALBAVEASP said:

Fades away completely?

The girl has more than 37 million monthly listeners on Spotify and more than 12 million daily views on Youtube. Karma what? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I wouldn’t underestimate the world’s talent in turning on a Pop girl. Look what happened to Nelly Furtado and many others (who I love btw).

Karma because she basically called THE Mariah Carey a fad on national TV, and now look at her. Since she said vile **** about Britney she hasn’t caught a breath. She’s on a unstoppable career decline, doing American Idol and now a Vegas residency… :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

I do feel bad for her, I don’t like how the world is counting her out so easily, regardless of my own mixed feelings about her.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

It was fun seeing karma acting up on her these past years but now I’m a bit sad for her? It’s just getting worse and worse every minute. It won’t stop until her career fades away completely :disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow:

Screen-Shot-2016-06-30-at-11-43-13.jpg

Her last era sold 1.5 million units. She still has a good amount of relevancy. Not to mention she had a #5 record which is pretty good considering that Exhale said it would be a top 10 hit :bibliahh:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block