Jump to content

Lyrically, Britney Jean is pretty amazing tho


Recommended Posts

It's funny I was looking and BJ is the only Britney album she has writing credit on EVERY song, and honestly, lyrically there are many great songs like Alien, Passenger, Perfume, Don't Go. The problem with the album was the production and also vocal. With Glory her voice was really shining through and the production fit her voice more. 

#Facts

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Mutya said:

Britney did not write all the songs on Britney Jean. It’s a well known fact that these credits are fraudulent to make it seem like it was her most personal record, she did not even record all the vocals wtf

How is that a know fact? Britney is a talented songwritter and has been fighting her label to include her songs in her album since BOMT :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

How is that a know fact? Britney is a talented songwritter and has been fighting her label to include her songs in her album since BOMT :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

 

She is a super talented songwriter. This I agree with you. Her talent proves she’s waaaayyyy above the material she allegedly wrote on that album. If you listen to the Tik Tik Boom demo, you’ll notice no changes from the Britney version. She also did not touch Passenger since it’s a Sia/Katy Perry song. I can’t see her also writing songs like Chillin With You and Now That I Found You, these garbage did NOT come from my talented queen! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Alien, Perfume, Passenger, Chillin’ With You, Don’t Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight were among the only songs that would have suited Britney had they all been recorded with her vocals only.

Work ***** is a great dance song but it’s not Britney’s style imo. They needed bigger hits for BJ it was just lacking. Perfume wasn’t strong enough to be a single it’s just a bit boring. Alien was a perfect single choice. She could have gone for a really moody/dreamy album like Ray of Light and had Hold On Tight & Alien as singles. Couple that with stronger songs and it wouldn’t have been half the flop it was.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Yeah I pretty much echo your thoughts. The writing credits for Passenger and Now That I Found You are actually disputed but Britney did co-write every other song. A lot of the song lyrics are quite personal if you think about it, obviously the production and the Myah Marie controversy overshadowed that. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Yeah as the others say, I question whether her credit on the songs is legit.  I believe she posted that she was writing with Sia, which would indicate she co-wrote Perfume, but Sia always talks about how she wrote the song and I don’t recall her ever saying anything about Britney’s contribution.  Maybe they did another song too...please correct me if I’m wrong.

Myah said in her Q&A that Britney wrote the second verse of Body Ache, but that’s also sus because up until someone asked if Britney wrote on it, she always seemed to take full credit for writing that song.

Some of the songs do seem to fit her writing style, (Don’t Cry, BMS, HOT, NTIFY, and even WB - to an extent) but idk she seemed so disconnected with that era.  You’d think if she was that connected to those songs, she would have been ecstatic to talk about them.  It’s really strange that she has credit on Passenger considering it’s an unused KP song and Katy’s full demo exists...and not a word is changed.  Just some of the melodies of how the lyrics are sung...which I guess if that was Britney’s idea then they could credit her...but that’s a massive reach.  And it’s really crazy that they have the audacity to list her first as the main writer on every song.

I even think Til It’s Gone has glimpses of Britney’s writing style, but Ellen asked her about that song and how it could be personal to Britney and Britney was just like “mmhmm” like she couldn’t even talk about a personal song to her.  Idk it’s just weird.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

How is that a know fact? Britney is a talented songwritter and has been fighting her label to include her songs in her album since BOMT :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

 

It's a well established fact at this point. The majority of songs had minimal input from Britney, and lead writing credits were given to increase profit and because of the times, an artist had to write their music.

At the very least, Britney wrote Don't Cry, the second verse of Alien, brightest morning star and Hold On Tight. Why?

Don't Cry is one of the only songs on BJ that doesn't feature Myah, nor has any other artist involved made statements against Britney in regards to this track. The alien multitrack featured all of the unaltered takes, instrumentals etc. There is a second verse vocal that features a demo singer singing a melody to "dadadum", heavily suggesting that this was for Britney to fill in. Brightest Morning Star reads as a very Britney song about her children. Hold On Tight was recorded very early in the sessions.

 Tik Tik Boom and Passenger had demos leak and very few lyrics were changed. Work ***** has numerous writers. Sia made several statements about Britney not being involved on Perfume. The Script were interviewed and surprised that their song NTIFY made the cut, and that one is literally 40 seconds repeated and a myah bridge.....

...and the rest of the album barely features Britney at all, and the credits are incredibly vague about her involvement.

The album isn't personal, it's horrifically cliche. It's relatable because its vague.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It's a well established fact at this point. The majority of songs had minimal input from Britney, and lead writing credits were given to increase profit and because of the times, an artist had to write their music.

At the very least, Britney wrote Don't Cry, the second verse of Alien, brightest morning star and Hold On Tight. Why?

Don't Cry is one of the only songs on BJ that doesn't feature Myah, nor has any other artist involved made statements against Britney in regards to this track. The alien multitrack featured all of the unaltered takes, instrumentals etc. There is a second verse vocal that features a demo singer singing a melody to "dadadum", heavily suggesting that this was for Britney to fill in. Brightest Morning Star reads as a very Britney song about her children. Hold On Tight was recorded very early in the sessions.

 Tik Tik Boom and Passenger had demos leak and very few lyrics were changed. Work ***** has numerous writers. Sia made several statements about Britney not being involved on Perfume. The Script were interviewed and surprised that their song NTIFY made the cut, and that one is literally 40 seconds repeated and a myah bridge.....

...and the rest of the album barely features Britney at all, and the credits are incredibly vague about her involvement.

The album isn't personal, it's horrifically cliche. It's relatable because its vague.

This. My biggest dream is Britney coming out and telling everything about that era/album! She, as an artist, deserves justice for everything her team has done in her name.

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, G-unit said:

 

I even think Til It’s Gone has glimpses of Britney’s writing style, but Ellen asked her about that song and how it could be personal to Britney and Britney was just like “mmhmm” like she couldn’t even talk about a personal song to her.  Idk it’s just weird.

 

Britney is shy I guess when it's her work or too personal she gets shy to talk about

But if it's a track someone wrote and she connected with it and she loves it she gets more excited I guess.

Link to comment

Bergamotta Juanita: "You're my light when it gets dark. You're always in my heart, you're my brightest morning star" :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

Also Burnilda Joaquina: "You got s** siren in your face let me get up on it, let me get up on it, let me get up on it" :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

There are a few songs that, lyrically, came from a great perspective. But the rest is just... :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Britney wouldve never disrespect wrighters and insert herself in songs she wasnt there to wright, but the wrighting credits were bought out by Team Con/RCA to sell the idea that it was her most personal album. As people said above, demos have leaked with no lyrical changes. The only tracks we know for a fact that she wrote or helped were HOT, BMS, WB and I guess Perfume because she was very vocal about insecurities in a relationship while promoting the song, told it was about her split with Jason and mentioned working *with* Sia on it.

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...