What if Britney wanted to work with Will.i.am for Britney Jean

I realize that she (or her team) teased a Blackout 2.0

Revealing that she would be working with William Orbit, amongst other producers like Danja. Danja went on to leak unused submissions he alleges were for Britney Jean. 

The finished product was well.... you know. William Orbit even went on to complain about the mastering (hinting it was done by Will.I.am) but we knew that already.

part of me wonders if she wanted to work w Wil.I.am though. I’m not saying that Britney wanted Will.I.am as the executive producer, but what if she had something in mind completely different. He claims that Dont Phunk With My Heart (which also samples a Bollywood track)  was inspired by Toxic!! She only found this out during the Ryan Secreast 2013 BJ promo interview 

in the zone, and practically anything from pre Circus had a very “urban” (outdated term) pop element to it. It makes me wonder if Britney was inspired to include Will on Femme fatale and Britney Jean not because of big fat bass (which she looked disappointed in recording tbh, so maybe she had something else in mind when working w him closer to earlier black eyed peas stuff). 

she did not seem excited at all. What if she had something else in mind and wanted to make Britney Jean closer to something early 2000s like this: 

her most personal album yet @PokemonSpears

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Maybe she wanted to work with him at first for BFB, which I'm not so sure about, but at the end of the day she admitted that she couldn't do the music she wanted on BJ because of the cship. And Will.I.Am was far and away from the sound he used to make when they worked together.

Her label and team con pushed for the EDM direction they went for, this is what Will used to do at the time and Britney and her team knew it well.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

ah, another BJ thread, Exhale's favorite topic :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

well, tbh all the times Britney has talked about will have been very positive, I don't know why anyone would doubt that she really liked working with him :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

All those sessions she had with Darkchild, Hitboy, etc, were confirmed by her team that they weren't for the new album. I think that's the problem with all this information leaking ahead of time. Projects, like any kind of project, at early stages will most likely go through different phases, throwing different ideas, kind of experimenting with different stuff, different people, until they find the right direction they want. It happened with Blackout, it happened with Glory, In the Zone, etc.

Whatever happened after will was named executive producer, like Danja's submissions getting rejected, they most likely didn't even make it to Britney, because as they've stated many times, will became this filter that decided what went it and what didn't according to the talks he had with Britney before the recording process started. Without mentioning Danja, he revealed there were some club bangers submitted to him, but that they just didn't match what they were envisioning for the album. (tbh, what Danja showed really sucks).

I genuinely believe if it wasn't will, it could've been anyone else, and the process would've been the same (obviously with a different result). Britney had schedules with her kids at the time, that year we saw her a lot in soccer matches, picking the boys from school, etc. She wasn't gonna lock herself in a studio for days like Beyoncé, to come up with dozens of songs (not that she could, anyway).  So all she needed was someone who would call her to the studio to record exactly what she needed to without wasting time. And apparently that didn't change afterwards, we hear Giorgio Moroder complaining about that bridge that she never recorded, or the Mood Ring songwriter that didn't make it to the recording session because Britney had already that time scheduled and wasn't gonna take another day for that.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

ah, another BJ thread, Exhale's favorite topic :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

well, tbh all the times Britney has talked about will have been very positive, I don't know why anyone would doubt that she really liked working with him :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

All those sessions she had with Darkchild, Hitboy, etc, were confirmed by her team that they weren't for the new album. I think that's the problem with all this information leaking ahead of time. Projects, like any kind of project, at early stages will most likely go through different phases, throwing different ideas, kind of experimenting with different stuff, different people, until they find the right direction they want. It happened with Blackout, it happened with Glory, In the Zone, etc.

Whatever happened after will was named executive producer, like Danja's submissions getting rejected, they most likely didn't even make it to Britney, because as they've stated many times, will became this filter that decided what went it and what didn't according to the talks he had with Britney before the recording process started. Without mentioning Danja, he revealed there were some club bangers submitted to him, but that they just didn't match what they were envisioning for the album. (tbh, what Danja showed really sucks).

I genuinely believe if it wasn't will, it could've been anyone else, and the process would've been the same (obviously with a different result). Britney had schedules with her kids at the time, that year we saw her a lot in soccer matches, picking the boys from school, etc. She wasn't gonna lock herself in a studio for days like Beyoncé, to come up with dozens of songs (not that she could, anyway).  So all she needed was someone who would call her to the studio to record exactly what she needed to without wasting time. And apparently that didn't change afterwards, we hear Giorgio Moroder complaining about that bridge that she never recorded, or the Mood Ring songwriter that didn't make it to the recording session because Britney had already that time scheduled and wasn't gonna take another day for that.

What I’m gathering from this, she wasn’t very passionate about recording this and likely needed more time with her kids to just be a mom in her early 30s. I just don’t like the sound of the album as a whole and think her and will could’ve done something much more true to their artistry 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Roger said:

Maybe she wanted to work with him at first for BFB, which I'm not so sure about, but at the end of the day she admitted that she couldn't do the music she wanted on BJ because of the cship. And Will.I.Am was far and away from the sound he used to make when they worked together.

Her label and team con pushed for the EDM direction they went for, this is what Will used to do at the time and Britney and her team knew it well.

I agree this prob was always heading towards the EDM pop of that year (2013 was lowkey trash)... but I think it would’ve been way cooler had she went in the direction of Dont Phunk with my Heart, etc no matter how far will was from that sound by then 

will even said the track was inspired by Toxic and she seemed so surprised by that. It was as if they hadn’t discussed that and potentially coulda worked off of that idk

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

What I’m gathering from this, she wasn’t very passionate about recording this and likely needed more time with her kids to just be a mom in her early 30s. I just don’t like the sound of the album as a whole and think her and will could’ve done something much more true to their artistry 

I wouldn't say that, because as I said, with Glory the situation was pretty much the same, as passionate as she was. She's just not going to spend a lot of time in the studio, when she can have everyone else having everything ready just for her to come in and do her part :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: The demos can be sent to her, and she can hear them at her house or whatever, learn the song, and just come in and do it. Long gone are the days where she would spend a week at Donatella's house writing songs with her backup singers. 

Even Oops was recorded at a record time.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Given how successful S&S was, it would've made sense if she wanted to work with will.i.am again.

In my case, Brit working with Orbit threw me off at first however, because he was clearly a one-trick pony after he worked on Madonna's ROL (his work on Music and MDNA was beyond mediocre imo), so I wasn't sure why Brit would want to work with a has-been. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Will.I.am has had great records with other artist, it felt Like he was giving his all and tried. Here are a few examples. 

heat - mariah

big girls dont cry, fergalicious clumsy - Fergie

beep - PCD 

I wish he gave britney her own Big Girls don’t cry. I know it was written by Fergie and another producer and will.I.am just added a few things but still. With Britney Jean it seemed lifeless, it was sang 95 percent by someone else… allegedly and it seemed the people were there only for the check. I would hope going forward in Britney’s career we only hear Work Work and perfume… possibly now that I found you (my favorite) tumblr_ltkniiGPJB1r3ty02o1_500.gifv

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I hate to admit it but you can tell Britney LOVES/LOVED will.

"Big Fat Bass" is such a weird, stupid and obnoxious song, which doesn't surprise me coming from will because that's basically his trade mark, but even then Britney made her magic on the song. Then "Scream & Shout" happened and that was a hit, so they decided to work together for the following album, but if I'm not mistaken that's the first time that she works that way with an executive producer. I think there's always one for every album, but never as involved as will was, at least for her. Britney has openly said how much she enjoyed working with Karen Kwak for "Glory", so that alone already tells you that that is an important role for her, and the dynamic with will mustn't have worked out. Well it clearly didn't I mean look at the final result shut up Poke.

Also, Britney (and please guys, LEARN THIS BASIC TRAIT ABOUT HER ALREADY) does NOT like to spend too much time on a single project. Of whatever nature. Period. That has to do with her personality and the way she expresses herself. That's why she loves dancing so much, because it's physical and individual and SPONTANEOUS AND FREE. So having to work with will, a creative and easy going guy but incredibly meticulous and, I assume, over-powering person must have been a nightmare for Britney.

Also, and this is will's fault as an executive producer (or as an artist working for another artist, really), he left too much of his mark on Britney's album, and that's something that I cannot forgive him, no matter if I liked the end result or not.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stefani said:

In my case, Brit working with Orbit threw me off at first however, because he was clearly a one-trick pony after he worked on Madonna's ROL (his work on Music and MDNA was beyond mediocre imo), so I wasn't sure why Brit would want to work with a has-been. 

What?! Quite the contrary... That decision (clearly made by Britney, because Orbit is AMAZING and she of course knows that and has taste) is the kind of thing that gives me hope that Britney is still in charge and awake and somehow interested in her music. Orbit is the exact OPPOSITE of will, and I feel like Britney wanted something different and more sophisticated, and that's why they worked together. The end result was sh/t because will was handling everything, that's for sure.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

What?! Quite the contrary... That decision (clearly made by Britney, because Orbit is AMAZING and she of course knows that and has taste) is the kind of thing that gives me hope that Britney is still in charge and awake and somehow interested in her music. Orbit is the exact OPPOSITE of will, and I feel like Britney wanted something different and more sophisticated, and that's why they worked together. The end result was sh/t because will was handling everything, that's for sure.

She 100% wanted to work w William Orbit.  I agree 

• Love 2

5 hours ago, Rick101 said:

Could you see Britney doing tracks like this right after Femme Fatale? Wouldn’t it have made for the perfect sound tbh @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN @Blackout2006

It would have actually. Well I wouldn't be surprised if she did after the unprecedented success S&S received, however, I don't think the label paid heed to any thing Britney wanted of the album and they were just instructing Will.I.am to that very point. Which thus resulted in a lackluster record that was mainly sung by someone else that wasn't Britney.

• Love 2