Britney's Audition Tape for The Notebook Surfaces on eBay for $1 Million USD

8 hours ago, NotBuyingIt said:

It literally took a 10 minute google search to get those sources, lol. This **** is all over the internet.

Those studies are from the 2010s, by the way. They aren’t from 1970. A lot of people who own million dollar homes aren’t millionaires. I grew up around people like that. People are free to spend as they please, though, and I don’t judge.

Bottom line: the tape ain’t worth a million and most millionaires ain’t gonna spend $100,000 per minute for 10 minutes on this 2002 video. Your average sugar daddy or mama isn’t going to make someone a millionaire for this video. We deserve to offer a lower price!

Very clear those sources took less than 10 minutes to find. Try Bloomberg? Even money or fortune magazine? Maybe something that’s not a blog. Also you clearly have some very much of your own personal feelings towards people who have a lot of money. I’m sorry but I don’t think that tape dropping in price is going to do that.  

Btw most desirable areas this day you can’t even get a condo for that price. You can get cheaper in a more remote area but the upkeep and resources are usually more expensive to maintain. Honestly it just sounds like most people with a very emotional and loud opinion, and that it’s more based on feelings not facts. 

bottom line stop judging and even guessing someone’s s** life just because they spend more than you think is acceptable. 

19 hours ago, NotBuyingIt said:

People are most certainly welcome to do as they please! It’s just unlikely anyone will spend a million to get this, even if they are a millionaire. You’d need a VERY specific person willing to pay $100,000 per minute for 10 minutes of a Britney video from 2002. My point wasn’t to shame anyone. Live it up if you can and want to! IDC. But someone with “f*uck you money” and seven figures to spend on a hobby will probably invest it in something like fine art, a boat, a vacation home, etc. The seller of this video needs to find the one or two eccentric people in the world who’ll do it. It’s a hard sell and not your average sugar daddy’s or mama’s objective.

That’s why I think we are well within our rights to offer less than $1 million!

Also, here - the house value varies a bit depending on the study, whether they’re looking at a true average versus just saying “many” like I did, inflation, etc. This type of study has been performed many, MANY times. It’s interesting!

https://esimoney.com/stop-acting-rich-the-house-you-buy-determines-your-wealth/

“My research has found that most people who live in million-dollar homes are not millionaires. They may be high-income producers but, by trying to emulate glittering rich millionaires, they are living a treadmill existence. In the United States, there are three times more millionaires living in homes that have a market value of under $300,000 than there are living in homes valued at $1 million or more."

https://bottomlineinc.com/money/earning-extra-income/millionaires-have-big-houses-and-fancy-cars-right-wrong

”Own a modest home, and use the money you save to invest wisely. Three times more millionaires live in homes valued at less than $300,000 than more than $1 million.”

https://www.moneycrashers.com/live-invisible-rich-become-millionaire-next-door/

“Stanley and Danko found that the average MND owned a house worth $320,000 (about $528,000 in today’s dollars). In many cases, this was far more than they’d paid for the house. Nearly half of all MNDs had been living in the same home for over 20 years and had seen its value rise significantly.”

https://melissagalt.com/the-millionaire-next-door-your-next-luxury-client/

”The millionaire next door is closer than you think.

The majority are homeowners and they live in homes valued less than $500K and have occupied the same home for more than 20 years."

https://sparkrental.com/survey-habits-millionaires/

"...But Their Own Homes Are Modest

Throw out your preconceptions about mansions and sprawling estates. Almost two-thirds of US millionaires live in modest, middle-class homes.

Granted, the term 'modest, middle-class home' leaves some room for interpretation. But these are generally 1,500-3,500 square-foot homes, in clean, safe neighborhoods with good school systems.

Hardly extravagant."

Omg did u change ur username to not buying it after this??? LMAO I love u

ade u princess Mimi 

4 hours ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

Very clear those sources took less than 10 minutes to find. Try Bloomberg? Even money or fortune magazine? Maybe something that’s not a blog. Also you clearly have some very much of your own personal feelings towards people who have a lot of money. I’m sorry but I don’t think that tape dropping in price is going to do that.  

Btw most desirable areas this day you can’t even get a condo for that price. You can get cheaper in a more remote area but the upkeep and resources are usually more expensive to maintain. Honestly it just sounds like most people with a very emotional and loud opinion, and that it’s more based on feelings not facts. 

bottom line stop judging and even guessing someone’s s** life just because they spend more than you think is acceptable. 

The studies I posted are credible until you prove otherwise, lol. You can’t just say to look at Bloomberg but not use Bloomberg to discredit the sources - that's not how it works. In fact, you really have nothing backing what you're saying up, and it sounds like you just don't want it to be true. But I'm not here to debate houses because that was just a more trivial example: What you're not connecting the dots on is that I'm actually saying the SELLER is being unreasonable in MY opinion.

I said I’m all for people spending how they please, but I think it's a misconception that you can call up your average millionaire and they're going to chip in on this - this is just so unlikely and we deserve to make a lower offer on a 10 minute video from 2002. This isn’t a reasonable price. I can try to sell a rare artifact I bought for $300 for $3,000, but that doesn’t mean it’s reasonable. It’s actual value is probably $200. Someone would be an idiot to not attempt pricing negotiation, even if they have $10,000 to spend. This applies to non-millionaires, too, by the way! I just think people assume millionaires are okay with getting ripped off because they’re rich. No, many are not.

This video is ultra rare, and the seller is free to put their desired price tag on it, but most people aren’t going to want to make them a millionaire over 10 minutes.

You seem really upset over this and it’s bizarre the leaps you’re making, TBH. You have no sources proving those studies wrong, and I’m not bashing people for simply being wealthy. You're being rubbed the wrong way over something I'm not even trying to say. If you or a friend have a million dollars, I absolutely welcome you to buy this, but I’d recommend perhaps a lower offer first? The auction literally allows you to make an offer - why wouldn't we try that? Do you think this is worth a million of your dollars, if you have lots of cash?

This is not worth my time from here. Whatever is bothering you, I hope you have a better day! I hope someone does buy this and share it. We'll see what happens - I'm not invested enough to chat with you any further.

always count on someone from Exhale to create (unecessary) drama hahaha

Anyhow
wasn't it rumored that he had a crush on her back in the day? For sure the chemistry would be there for them and it could've possibly be just as good as it turned out to be with Rachel in it. 
So much (wasted) potential she had in her prime, for music, for acting... She could've been even bigger than she was.

• Love 2
On 5/21/2021 at 7:46 PM, warioaddams said:

I think she would have gotten the respect as an actress that she didn't get with crossroads. Similiar to what Gaga is experimenting right now. Maybe this would have given the break she needed and wanted from music and touring. 

Well, Lady Gaga has always wanted to be an actress first. She kind of comes across as an actress who can sing, while Britney is more of a singer who acts if that makes sense. Therefore, it’s very easy to picture Lady Gaga in movies. She is able to shed her stage persona and embody virtually any role like a chameleon. In AHS, cameos in Machete 2 and Sin City 2, and A Star is Born, it’s easy to forget about her reputation as a singer. You see her as an actress. 

As much as I love Britney and believe that she can act if she’s given the right role and spends time honing in on those skills, I don’t think it would be possible for her to shed that pop star persona in movies. Even in Crossroads, you could tell that she was playing a caricature of herself and the music from that Britney album was so pronounced that it was like watching an extended music video. Although she could have been amazing in the Notebook, Dukes of Hazaard, and I heart Huckabees (roles she nearly won), her reputation as a singer could have impacted how audiences perceived the movie. I think this is the reason why producers have not approached her to star in films. 

Lady Gaga gives off a Barbra Streisand like vibe. Even though she has released far more albums than movies, Barbra is still seen as the actress who can also sing. Gaga is like that. Unfortunately, Britney was unable to cultivate that kind of status as a performer. Maybe that can change...who knows?

1 hour ago, Lurker93 said:

Anyhow
wasn't it rumored that he had a crush on her back in the day? For sure the chemistry would be there for them and it could've possibly be just as good as it turned out to be with Rachel in it. 
So much (wasted) potential she had in her prime, for music, for acting... She could've been even bigger than she was.

She was up for a lot of meaty roles like the female lead in I heart huckabees (director is a big Britney fan and hopes to cast her in one of his movies in the future), Daisy Duke in dukes of hazaard, the Notebook role, and a few others. Britney desperately wanted to break into movies but I believe her reputation as a pop icon prevented producers from considering her for roles. Her involvement in movies could have taken attention away from their quality as a whole. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, NotBuyingIt said:

The studies I posted are credible until you prove otherwise, lol. You can’t just say to look at Bloomberg but not use Bloomberg to discredit the sources - that's not how it works. In fact, you really have nothing backing what you're saying up, and it sounds like you just don't want it to be true. But I'm not here to debate houses because that was just a more trivial example: What you're not connecting the dots on is that I'm actually saying the SELLER is being unreasonable in MY opinion.

I said I’m all for people spending how they please, but I think it's a misconception that you can call up your average millionaire and they're going to chip in on this - this is just so unlikely and we deserve to make a lower offer on a 10 minute video from 2002. This isn’t a reasonable price. I can try to sell a rare artifact I bought for $300 for $3,000, but that doesn’t mean it’s reasonable. It’s actual value is probably $200. Someone would be an idiot to not attempt pricing negotiation, even if they have $10,000 to spend. This applies to non-millionaires, too, by the way! I just think people assume millionaires are okay with getting ripped off because they’re rich. No, many are not.

This video is ultra rare, and the seller is free to put their desired price tag on it, but most people aren’t going to want to make them a millionaire over 10 minutes.

You seem really upset over this and it’s bizarre the leaps you’re making, TBH. You have no sources proving those studies wrong, and I’m not bashing people for simply being wealthy. You're being rubbed the wrong way over something I'm not even trying to say. If you or a friend have a million dollars, I absolutely welcome you to buy this, but I’d recommend perhaps a lower offer first? The auction literally allows you to make an offer - why wouldn't we try that? Do you think this is worth a million of your dollars, if you have lots of cash?

This is not worth my time from here. Whatever is bothering you, I hope you have a better day! I hope someone does buy this and share it. We'll see what happens - I'm not invested enough to chat with you any further.

I really don’t know what you just wrote but I’ve had enough of this. Enjoy your blogs. 

I feel like there's an alternate scenario where Britney could have had a real acting career. She had girl-next-door beauty, natural comic timing and off the charts screen charisma. With the right coaching and smarter management choices, she really could have had a more full-fledged leap into film.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, Lurker93 said:

Anyhow

Right! I mean she can still be an actress but she missed out on a lot of roles back then that could be iconic for her career now :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Like 1

I just watched the movie for the first time (too curious at this point 😁) and I'm not sure if I can picture Britney for the role. I mean, she was way too beautiful, I guess they had to make her look more "neutral"... 

She probably wouldn't be appreciated as an actress because of the criticism she was always fronting. I'd have love to watch her there, though 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CJMCH said:

Is there anybody rich enough? That price is almost ridiculous. Some rich non-fan might get it at this point. Interesting enough, this was recorded in Australia.

EDIT: it's gone :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: someone took it?

yeah, it's gone :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

I think they pulled it, because if it was sold, it would show the history