To Celebrate the 5-Year Anniversary of "Dangerous Woman" Ariana Releases "Step On Up" on All Streaming Platforms

Will you be streaming "Dangerous Woman" and "Step On Up" to celebrate?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Hard to say. I hadn't listened to it in a long-azz while, but then we had that Dangerous Woman megarate. I did send in my ratings, but I'm not sure if it ever ended up taking place. Either way, I came to the realization that it hasn't exactly held up. It could've been cut like 5-6 songs short, but the songs that are good are really freakin' good. You should listen to it and add some of the bops to your playlist. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Ooh that sounds promising! I’ve only listened to Ari’s last three albums and yet people say they’re her worst. HAHA

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

My fav Ari's era. I actually became a fan during this era. What a time :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: My favs are Dangerous Woman, Into You, Be Alright, Touch It, Side To Side, that Gimme More x Step On Up fanmade remix and even that Everyday song :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Same girl, became a fan of hers this exact era

Nothing can top it - my faves are actually the mid-tempo ones: Leave Me Lonely, Knew Better/Forever Boy, Sometimes, Moonlight (albeit Honeymoon Avenue beats this one), Thinking About You.... and of course, Touch It and Into You are gems!

I always thought that Dangerous Woman beat and chords are a bit too similar to Christina Aguilera's Walk Away (which is the superior song tbh)

I actually thought Sweetener was somewhat lukewarm, but I ended up becoming a big fan of that era as well. She lost me with TUN and Positions though.

P.S. I lowkey think Side to Side is trash :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 2

Crazy that "Into You" only peaked at #13 when now it's one of the biggest gay anthems! Pre-Covid, if a DJ pressed play on that track, two seconds later you would get a thousand screaming gays rushing to the dancefloor.

PS: "Everyday" makes my p/ssy MOIST. I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove that song.

3 hours ago, Isla said:

Ddd I haven’t listened to this album. Is it worth it? I love Into You.

omg... Isla, girl, get it together! Go play that sh/t!

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

9F6F35EA-DEEB-402D-B398-BB8FE157C072.jpeg.655a42ac59c9583fae383d8898b5df08.jpegOn May 20, exactly 5 years ago, Ariana Grande released her much anticipated 3rd studio album Dangerous Woman. This was arguably Ariana's last pure pop effort, so many people look back on it fondly (myself included). While not the first time Ariana had worked with Max Martin, Dangerous Woman was an even bigger Max Martin extravaganza than the previous record. When it comes to commercial performance, it debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 with 175k units sold. Furthermore, the era spawned 4 singles:

• Dangerous Woman (#8 peak)
  • Into You (#13 peak)
  • Side to Side (feat. @Style.) (#4 peak)
  • Everyday (feat. Future) (#55 peak)

Let's not forget that the album was originally titled Moonlight with Focus being released as the lead single and peaking at #7 on the Hot 100. While Focus ended up getting scrapped, it remained on the Japanese edition of the album, which also features the superior album art:

1000x1000bb.jpg

While not a single, Let Me Love You (feat. Lil Wayne) also received a music video barely cracking the Hot 100 at #99:

Finally, let's talk Step On Up - the Ariana b-side that all Britney fans should be familiar with. Why? Well, it spawned a fanmade remix featuring the instrumental of Gimme More and amassed a cult following of sorts sitting at 19 million views on YouTube:

The original was a Target bonus track, and it's been finally released on all streaming platforms to coincide with the 5-year anniversary of Dangerous Woman:

Kind of pointless if you ask me because nothing can top the remix, but I guess it's cute. They should've taken notes from Dula Doop and released the fanmade remix officially. That would probably generate more buzz too, tbh. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Reveal hidden contents

What are you favorite tracks, music videos, performances, etc., from the Dangerous Woman era? Sound off below! :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

That Step On Up / Gimme More Remix was such an iconic mash up of all time!

• Love 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Super Mods

To the Touch It stans in this thread: thanks for having TASTE! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Dangerous Woman, Be Alright, Into You, Side to Side, Greedy, Everyday, Touch It and Thinking Bout You are all bops! :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Its hard for me to listen to the original/album version of Step On Up, since the Gimme More remix is top tier. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

I really liked this album but thank u, next and My Everything are still my favorite Ariana albums. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block