How much would you pay for your favorite vinyl record?

Hey Y2k Music Luverz,

I started a record collection during quarantine because, you know, depression/retail therapy, and I'm curious to know how much you'd spend your for favorite album. I'm currently eying several, but these prices are SHOCKING. Here are 5 on my list:

• Taylor Swift's 1989 (Limited Edition Reissue, Clear & Pink) - current a whopping $1,050.00 
  • Alina Baraz 's The Color Of You (Limited Edition, Baby Pink) - $999.00
  • Kylie Minogue's Fever (Limited Edition, Red) - $609.00 
  • Madonna's Bedtime Stories (Limited Edition, Numbered, Pink) - $600.00
  • Troye Sivan's Bloom (Limited Edition, Violet) - $350.00

It seems to me that these outrageous vinyl record prices reflect the outrageous concert ticket prices, and the wealth gap will only increase, leaving the poor gays boys with nothing...  :orangu_orangutan_ape: The most expensive record I bought was Lady Gaga's ARTPOP (First press, with the infamous R. Kelly collab 'Do What U Want' since that song has vanished). I spent over $300.00 for a sealed copy :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:Vinyl.JPG

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 4

Unless you're desperate for older/limited edition records, just buy newer ones. Those usually go for $20 to $100. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: Target has Like a Virgin, True Blue, Madonna, and Who's That Girl for under $30. Not sure if they're in stock, though. Urban Outfitters has a lot of records for good prices as well. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: If you want rarities, then you're gonna have to splurge, but I personally wouldn't spend more than $100 per record. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

If it’s something that was rare and one of my favorite albums, I would pay max like $85 for it. The most expensive vinyls I’ve bought are the Future Nostalgia Box Set, a White Stripes Greatest Hits Box Set, and Greatest Hits:My Prerogative. It used to be I would only pay $15-30 but it’s like they know they’ll still sell and it’s rare to see a vinyl selling for less than $30 nowadays. I preordered Billie Igloo’s vinyl for my man and she’s charging $35-40 for each vinyl. The nerve 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Technically my most expensive (for me) record was  Louis Tomlinson single for “Hold On” that I believe was only released with UK pre-orders via his website in small amounts ($100 US). At this point, I’d pay a bit more for Hilary Duff’s Dignity or Mandy Moore’s Amanda Leigh but neither exist. 

9 hours ago, Jacolicious said:

Hey Y2k Music Luverz,

I started a record collection during quarantine because, you know, depression/retail therapy, and I'm curious to know how much you'd spend your for favorite album. I'm currently eying several, but these prices are SHOCKING. Here are 5 on my list:

• Taylor Swift's 1989 (Limited Edition Reissue, Clear & Pink) - current a whopping $1,050.00 
  • Alina Baraz 's The Color Of You (Limited Edition, Baby Pink) - $999.00
  • Kylie Minogue's Fever (Limited Edition, Red) - $609.00 
  • Madonna's Bedtime Stories (Limited Edition, Numbered, Pink) - $600.00
  • Troye Sivan's Bloom (Limited Edition, Violet) - $350.00

It seems to me that these outrageous vinyl record prices reflect the outrageous concert ticket prices, and the wealth gap will only increase, leaving the poor gays boys with nothing...  :orangu_orangutan_ape: The most expensive record I bought was Lady Gaga's ARTPOP (First press, with the infamous R. Kelly collab 'Do What U Want' since that song has vanished). I spent over $300.00 for a sealed copy :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:Vinyl.JPG

:gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink::umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: 

And I complain about 70 Euros for an LP and find the Urban Outfitters ones  expensive.:new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

I think the most I’ve ever spent on a single record was like, $80 for one of Lana’s Unreleased records. Other than that, I either get them online or from local record shops, so my prices vary from $15-50 depending on the artist. I’m currently looking into ordering Kleerup’s self titled,  but since it’s only available from Sweden, that’ll be closer to $110 after shipping.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block