"Hold Me Closer" is rumored to arrive on August 19th.  Pre-save. 🚀🌹

How much would you pay for your favorite vinyl record?

Hey Y2k Music Luverz,

I started a record collection during quarantine because, you know, depression/retail therapy, and I'm curious to know how much you'd spend your for favorite album. I'm currently eying several, but these prices are SHOCKING. Here are 5 on my list:

• Taylor Swift's 1989 (Limited Edition Reissue, Clear & Pink) - current a whopping $1,050.00 
  • Alina Baraz 's The Color Of You (Limited Edition, Baby Pink) - $999.00
  • Kylie Minogue's Fever (Limited Edition, Red) - $609.00 
  • Madonna's Bedtime Stories (Limited Edition, Numbered, Pink) - $600.00
  • Troye Sivan's Bloom (Limited Edition, Violet) - $350.00

It seems to me that these outrageous vinyl record prices reflect the outrageous concert ticket prices, and the wealth gap will only increase, leaving the poor gays boys with nothing...  :orangu_orangutan_ape: The most expensive record I bought was Lady Gaga's ARTPOP (First press, with the infamous R. Kelly collab 'Do What U Want' since that song has vanished). I spent over $300.00 for a sealed copy :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:Vinyl.JPG

Edited by Midnight

Unless you're desperate for older/limited edition records, just buy newer ones. Those usually go for $20 to $100. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: Target has Like a Virgin, True Blue, Madonna, and Who's That Girl for under $30. Not sure if they're in stock, though. Urban Outfitters has a lot of records for good prices as well. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: If you want rarities, then you're gonna have to splurge, but I personally wouldn't spend more than $100 per record. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

If it’s something that was rare and one of my favorite albums, I would pay max like $85 for it. The most expensive vinyls I’ve bought are the Future Nostalgia Box Set, a White Stripes Greatest Hits Box Set, and Greatest Hits:My Prerogative. It used to be I would only pay $15-30 but it’s like they know they’ll still sell and it’s rare to see a vinyl selling for less than $30 nowadays. I preordered Billie Igloo’s vinyl for my man and she’s charging $35-40 for each vinyl. The nerve 

• Haha 1

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Exhale+

Technically my most expensive (for me) record was  Louis Tomlinson single for “Hold On” that I believe was only released with UK pre-orders via his website in small amounts ($100 US). At this point, I’d pay a bit more for Hilary Duff’s Dignity or Mandy Moore’s Amanda Leigh but neither exist. 

9 hours ago, Jacolicious said:

Hey Y2k Music Luverz,

I started a record collection during quarantine because, you know, depression/retail therapy, and I'm curious to know how much you'd spend your for favorite album. I'm currently eying several, but these prices are SHOCKING. Here are 5 on my list:

• Taylor Swift's 1989 (Limited Edition Reissue, Clear & Pink) - current a whopping $1,050.00 
  • Alina Baraz 's The Color Of You (Limited Edition, Baby Pink) - $999.00
  • Kylie Minogue's Fever (Limited Edition, Red) - $609.00 
  • Madonna's Bedtime Stories (Limited Edition, Numbered, Pink) - $600.00
  • Troye Sivan's Bloom (Limited Edition, Violet) - $350.00

It seems to me that these outrageous vinyl record prices reflect the outrageous concert ticket prices, and the wealth gap will only increase, leaving the poor gays boys with nothing...  :orangu_orangutan_ape: The most expensive record I bought was Lady Gaga's ARTPOP (First press, with the infamous R. Kelly collab 'Do What U Want' since that song has vanished). I spent over $300.00 for a sealed copy :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:Vinyl.JPG

:gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink::umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: 

And I complain about 70 Euros for an LP and find the Urban Outfitters ones  expensive.:new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

I think the most I’ve ever spent on a single record was like, $80 for one of Lana’s Unreleased records. Other than that, I either get them online or from local record shops, so my prices vary from $15-50 depending on the artist. I’m currently looking into ordering Kleerup’s self titled,  but since it’s only available from Sweden, that’ll be closer to $110 after shipping.