"Hold Me Closer" is rumored to arrive on August 19th.  Pre-save. 🚀🌹

Olivia Rodrigo comments on Framing Britney Spears: I had no idea that happened to Britney

I've liked a comment on twitter a few days ago that said smth in the likes:

"I'm passing through the corridor and heard my two teenage nices doing make up and talking about Britney, listening to her music and how they want her to be free! Im crying, thank you Jesus I love you."

Framing Britney Spears wasnt perfect but did a lot of things right. It shed a new light on Britney and the younger generation got to know a side of her the media always tried to diminish. Her streams ware skyrocketing even before people started using Gimme More and Circus on TikTok, all due to a new wave of fans hearing her sogns for the first time in their lives.

The more these new artists talk about the better, their fandoms will also carry on the conversation and maybe defend their stars the same way we defend Britney if something bad ever happens to them  :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, car said:

Ugh Gen z probably views her as some old person lol. 

to think that madonnas like a virgin vma performance was younger when I was a kid in early 2000s is what slave vma is to young kids today… shocking lol

I was born shortly after … Baby One More Time was released and at least until 2013, my classmates all thought she was cool (I graduated later so I don’t know what they think about her now). 

She was massive during the Femme Fatale era. Her 3 singles were everywhere and everyone loved her. She’s seen as a pop star from yesterday who’s iconic.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I was born shortly after … Baby One More Time was released and at least until 2013, my classmates all thought she was cool (I graduated later so I don’t know what they think about her now). 

She was massive during the Femme Fatale era. Her 3 singles were everywhere and everyone loved her. She’s seen as a pop star from yesterday who’s iconic.

As long as she’s viewed as iconic. That’s kinda what Madonna was during my growing up. Icon, but not as relevant daily. But I want her to become relevant daily as well 

32 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Same but I don’t recall any of my classmates liking Britney, it was really no one really talked about her and it wasn’t cool to like her. But I remember everyone always knew bomt