Jump to content

P!nk: "And Britney... I mean I couldn't love her more and I want to be there for her"


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Dead!! 
 

Her music used to be good, but then all the sudden she decided to start doing boring adult contemporary that all sounds the same! 

I love how everyone gave it Haha reactions as if it were some sort of sassy remark when in reality I was being dead serious. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I love her, this interview was really cute. Pink was never all that bad to Britney, she was always pitted against her as most females were back then. She doesn't owe her an apology, she was never that bad. 

 

 

Also, she has some great songs,  not all of her songs are bad. 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Intheblue said:

Whoever thinks a soft spoken 15 yr old from the rural south stood up to executives about her first video after everything we’ve learned about Team Con is pretty naive. 
 

I can imagine being in a board room

and Britney saying hey how about being in a school and then the men going yes this could work let’s do the school girl thing , then Britney may have had options for the the outfit but no way did she come up with catholic school concept . 

🤷🏼‍♂️ Either way, the original video didn’t get made.

It’s quite possible she pitched an idea that they also liked and then they tweaked it to better suit what would work within the industry.  Why would we ever have any reason to believe she lied about speaking her mind about not liking the original concept of the video?  I’m pretty sure Nigel **** also spoke up about her tenacity.  Team Con wasn’t even a thing until 2008...and Jamie wasn’t involved in Britney’s career, literally, at all prior to 2008.

Also a bunch of middle aged, pervy, men envisioning a young girl dancing around in a school girl outfit...yeah, I can see them saying “this could work.”  She also didn’t express her dislike of the original concept to her label, she pitched her idea to Nigel ****, who then likely took it to the label.

I’m also from, and live in, the rural south...we will speak our minds. 😂

Link to comment

Pink has grown up. She has come to realize how stupid it is to pit women against each other and that life is too short to be petty and mean to people. She’s awesome AF. It took me some time to realize that lesson too. It’s a lesson that everyone could stand to learn. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, JessicaS89 said:

Pink has grown up. She has come to realize how stupid it is to pit women against each other and that life is too short to be petty and mean to people. She’s awesome AF. It took me some time to realize that lesson too. It’s a lesson that everyone could stand to learn. 

Also that Pepsi commercial that Pink, Britney and Beyoncé did is the greatest Pepsi commercial of all time. 

Link to comment

People here saying that her songs are terrible... but she’s the only one from her generation  with music on the radio and the charts so, say whatever you want but sister is damn constant  that she’s still very relevant these days. Her music doesn’t need to be vulgar  or too deep  to be good.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, G-unit said:

🤷🏼‍♂️ Either way, the original video didn’t get made.

It’s quite possible she pitched an idea that they also liked and then they tweaked it to better suit what would work within the industry.  Why would we ever have any reason to believe she lied about speaking her mind about not liking the original concept of the video?  I’m pretty sure Nigel **** also spoke up about her tenacity.  Team Con wasn’t even a thing until 2008...and Jamie wasn’t involved in Britney’s career, literally, at all prior to 2008.

Also a bunch of middle aged, pervy, men envisioning a young girl dancing around in a school girl outfit...yeah, I can see them saying “this could work.”  She also didn’t express her dislike of the original concept to her label, she pitched her idea to Nigel ****, who then likely took it to the label.

I’m also from, and live in, the rural south...we will speak our minds. 😂

One day we’ll know the truth from her book . 
 

just one clarification why I mentioned Team Con is that it just shows you how much a team would lie to protect an image . I’m sure she had a Team willing to go to great lengths to protect the image from the start pre con as well. Larry says hello 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Intheblue said:

Whoever thinks a soft spoken 15 yr old from the rural south stood up to executives about her first video after everything we’ve learned about Team Con is pretty naive. 
 

I can imagine being in a board room

and Britney saying hey how about being in a school and then the men going yes this could work let’s do the school girl thing , then Britney may have had options for the the outfit but no way did she come up with catholic school concept . 

It was her idea to tie it up and that’s what made it scandalous. She didn’t even think of it ***ually, the shirt was supposed to be tucked and Nigel **** had talked about it that it gave him a meltdown when she decided to tie up her shirt midway into the shoot. If you don’t believe it then you can see in the wide shots that the shirt was tucked in but Britney was complaining that it kept getting untucked and she had to keep tucking it back in after each take on top of it restricting her arm movements as she was dancing full out. They were going in for the medium and close ups so she probably thought it would be okay as she was getting hot and she even said in an interview that her hometown is swamp land and people would tie their shirts up because it was that hot. The shot where the camera is low was what he shot afterwards for safety to keep with continuity during editing in case the wide shots don’t cut well. It was an afterthought and the cinematographer didn’t have time to relight the scene for the wide shot so it was lit with one light and camera man took the camera off the tripod handheld it since it was an experimental shot that Nigel didn’t know if it was gonna work or not but better safe to just have it despite running behind schedule. He talked about it in his blog on his website and even said he had a private moment with her sitting on the bleachers with her at the top as they waited for the set up to be done and he asked her what her aspiration in life was and was surprised to hear that she wanted to be pregnant and married by 25 thinking she was gonna say be super famous popstar. He was very impressed by her and her work ethic as she nailed every take so I can understand why the shirt would go undone and her wanting to tie it up so she can dance freely. He did said she thought it would be cute to have it tied up. I don’t think they thought too much into it and at the time it wasn’t like Jive thought she would blow up the way she did just like the documentary said, Jive was an urban record label they are mostly known for R&b acts and boy bands were a thing at the time. The clothes were from Kmart so it’s not like they had a lot invested in her besides spending a year to retrain her voice.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Intheblue said:

Whoever thinks a soft spoken 15 yr old from the rural south stood up to executives about her first video after everything we’ve learned about Team Con is pretty naive. 
 

I can imagine being in a board room

and Britney saying hey how about being in a school and then the men going yes this could work let’s do the school girl thing , then Britney may have had options for the the outfit but no way did she come up with catholic school concept . 

There’s no reason to lie about it in the way that they did lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This was really nice to see. But she has been incredibly nasty in the past to both Britney and Christina for no damn reason. Christina and her seem to be on good terms so I guess it's all in the past though. And I know Britney isn't the resentful kind but I still don't feel like I have to like P!nk after this :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I'm glad she's changing her tune after being so openly hostile to Brit during her "Stupid Girls" era. I wonder if all that negative energy had anything to do with the rumor that Pink dated KFed before Britney, though I'm not sure I believe it.

Looking back she and Avril were such pick me girls. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: 

Also from today’s perspective a lot of internalized misogyny was involved. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block