Unpopular opinion: Outrageous?

13 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I love BOM to death, but it would’ve been a terrible single choice and it would’ve flopped and tarnished the songs image

I actually feel like it would have been a perfect lead single. Breathe On Me portrays exactly the ***ual vibe the whole ITZ album has. 

Commercially, maybe not a #1 but who cares, any of the ITZ singles were a #1 neither any of her previous singles since BOMT.

The contrast to her previous era would have been BIGGER. As a Madonna stan, I have to admit MATM didnt have the impact it was expected, specially after the vmas kiss, and the song doesnt sound any different with Madonna's voice. 

Breathe On Me (had it been cleverly promoted) would have been a controversial single ofc, the backlash would have been bigger than what it was but, it could have had a bigger longevity than MATM.

Just imagine 03ney making a music video for that song. A masterpiece. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I actually feel like it would have been a perfect lead single. Breathe On Me portrays exactly the ***ual vibe the whole ITZ album has. 

Commercially, maybe not a #1 but who cares, any of the ITZ singles were a #1 neither any of her previous singles since BOMT.

The contrast to her previous era would have been BIGGER. As a Madonna stan, I have to admit MATM didnt have the impact it was expected, specially after the vmas kiss, and the song doesnt sound any different with Madonna's voice. 

Breathe On Me (had it been cleverly promoted) would have been a controversial single ofc, the backlash would have been bigger than what it was but, it could have had a bigger longevity than MATM.

Just imagine 03ney making a music video for that song. A masterpiece. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

This. BOM would have blown up given her status back then. The whole **** vibe and image would have been huge. I do think Toxic should have led the album with BOM second, Everytime 3rd and then even MATM or TOMH/Early Mornin’ for 4th.

The album could have been a whole moody vibe. I always imagine what the BOM video could have been. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Million Billion said:

It would’ve been a terrible lead single! I think it’s one of the best songs she’s ever done, but like I said not all amazing songs are meant to be singles! 

Also MATM did well everywhere but the US, the radio ban from the Britney era was still in effect which impacted its performance on the US charts. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

This. BOM would have blown up given her status back then. The whole **** vibe and image would have been huge. I do think Toxic should have led the album with BOM second, Everytime 3rd and then even MATM or TOMH/Early Mornin’ for 4th.

The album could have been a whole moody vibe. I always imagine what the BOM video could have been. 

Yes. It definitely deserved to be a single. The backlash at the time was huge but in the long run the song and the music video would have aged much better than MATM, about the rest of the singles I have no complaints

• Love 1
10 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It would’ve been a terrible lead single! I think it’s one of the best songs she’s ever done, but like I said not all amazing songs are meant to be singles! 

Also MATM did well everywhere but the US, the radio ban from the Britney era was still in effect which impacted its performance on the US charts. 

Yes, MATM did actually well on the charts. It gave britney a Billboard award in 2005 but I wouldn't care about the numbers or getting certain awards. 

The song is amazing, her work ethic was at its finest, and with the help of a great director the music video (and the song as well) would have become another Britney classic as much as Toxic or Everytime. It really deserved to be a single, and yes, good songs ARE MEANT to be singles, and Breathe On Me was not only a stand out in the ITZ album but in Britney's career. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

Yes, MATM did actually well on the charts. It gave britney a Billboard award in 2005 but I wouldn't care about the numbers or getting certain awards. 

The song is amazing, her work ethic was at its finest, and with the help of a great director the music video (and the song as well) would have become another Britney classic as much as Toxic or Everytime. It really deserved to be a single, and yes, good songs ARE MEANT to be singles, and Breathe On Me was not only a stand out in the ITZ album but in Britney's career. 

I stand by what I said not all amazing songs are meant to be singles! Breathe On Me would not have made a good single just like Shadow and Touch Of My Hand which are equally as good wouldn’t have worked either! BOM would’ve flopped because it was not radio friendly for 2004 and the song would forever have a tarnished image and I hate to tell you but most “classics” are songs that were hits like your examples of Toxic and Everrytime so while I agree charts don’t matter they actually do for your argument! 

• Love 1