Why is Dua Lipa so overrated?

• Content Curators
17 hours ago, Dreams said:

I guess she is

I'll give her that

But that just shows you how boring the new generation is

Β 

Β 

Unfortunatly yes but I guess that how they like their bread.

Maybe what's boring to us is fun to them?Β :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:Β I guess the standards are different.Β Fortunately we have more options and we don't have to listen to any of these chicksΒ :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

There really is nothing interesting or special about her. Her performances are more like a classic Pop act though which hasn’t been a thing for awhile so that might be part of why she gets a lot of hype. People are not used to a classic Britney type performance anymore so to speak. As for Future Nostalgia, idk why the gays all **** themselves over it! I personally can’t get into it and I think she needs to move on from it honestly! She’s released like 500 different versions of it!

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I strongly agree with you! I mean, whatever floats people's boats is okay, but she doesn't spark any interest in me.

I guess many enjoy the act of "stanning" someone who has success and keeps an active career. If it wasn't for the success she has, I don't think they'd dedicate much of their time to talk about her online though, but that's just my opinion.

What I enjoy more than anything about being a fan is just the music itself. I personally can't push myself to care about charts or anything else. Sorry if it sounds pretentious. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

• Love 4
  • Like 1

She makes "pure" pop music that the gays flock to even though ironically enough they can't go out and dance to her songsΒ because most clubs are still closed.Β :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

It's especially sad to me because ATRL and GGD have basically become Dua Lipa central: you literally can't escape the constant Dua pandering on those sites and even the staff and administrationΒ promote the hell out of her songs. Same goes for Olivia and Taylor, although at least in Taylor's case I can understand stanning someone who's had a long career and who actually switches up her style a bit. Dua is the living incarnation of doing the same thing over and over again though. Someone made a topic comparing her to Katy before, and I think I'm seeing similarities in terms of mediocrity, except Katy actually has US #1s.Β :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I don’t care for mostΒ pop chicks for the most part but love Dua. So I guess she appeals to peopel outside of the pop world .Β 
Β 

she had me hooked from new rules. The video was brilliant .
Β 

She presents herself which such class and isn’t too try hard Β 

Β 

as Taylor said, the more people are trying to bring you down the more your climbing. Keep trying to tear Dua down, which as Britney fans is hypocriticalΒ 

• Love 2

You don't like her, but you're making a post about her and getting more people to talk about her, but yet you don't want people putting her on a pedestal.Β 

Like why be so pressed about someone you don't like? Do you think talking about some other artists is going to devalue what Dua brings to the table? Must be so tiring to be this pressed....

• Love 6
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block