Ginger Fox - iCarly parody of 2007 Britney

maxresdefault.jpg

So yesterday I was bored and I turned on Nickelodeon on TV after a long time cause I wanted to see what they were doing there now :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: 

And... episode about Ginger Fox (parody of Britney) was on. I've seen that episode before I was even a Britney fan, I heard that it was parody of Britney from 2007 but now I finally catch all of similarities and disgusting jokes. 

I honestly have no idea where you can watch that episode but there're some parts of it on YouTube. 

This episode of iCarly is from 2007 and its description:

The iCarly gang learn that the music video Freddie made for Wade Collins in "iRocked the Vote" has now become the third most-downloaded video on PearTunes. The most downloaded music video ever features a pop star named Ginger Fox, but ever since the video, her singing and music career has taken a major downturn. In order to revive her career, her manager hires the iCarly team to direct her comeback performance because Ginger likes the Wade Collins music video. However, the task proves practically impossible when the gang realize that the ex-star is all washed up. They are unable to back out of their agreement once Ginger's manager informs them that they will be responsible for the performance, whether it is a success or failure. They eventually use lipsynching, very little choreography, and very few close-ups, smoke, and other little "cheats" to make Ginger Fox's comeback successful. However, there are still some major flaws, including Ginger's failure to keep up with the lipsynching and the fact that she did not shave her armpits before the performance. The trio considers the comeback a failure, but for some reason, people love it and once again, Ginger Fox is on top, despite the fact that she's a terrible performer.

References to Britney:

• The performance Fox made in the episode was a reference to the presentation that Spears made in the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards; both women didn't know how to dance and lip-synched during the entire show.
  • Fox's song, "Hate Me, Love Me," it's a reference to Spears' 2008 song, "If U Seek Amy," in which the chorus line is "Love me, Hate me", say what you want about me, but all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy".
  • Ginger's ex-husband gained custody of their son, Billy, after they divorced. The same thing happened to Spears when she divorced from her husband, Kevin Federline. Ginger in the show loses her baby, she doesn't care about it. 
  • Carly, Sam, and Freddie watch a video of Fox washing her hair with blue cheese dressing while the paparazzi accost her. This is a reference to the 2008 video of Spears sitting outside with her dog crying while the paparazzi accost her.
  • Fox is credited as one of the biggest pop stars in the world, just like Spears.
  • Sam mentions that Ginger received psychiatric help due to having a mental breakdown, which is a reference to the time that Britney spent in a rehab clinic in late 2007. She also says ''Can you believe she was the s xiest woman alive like 6 years ago?'', ''She was young, now she's old - like 26''. 
  • The song that Fox sings in the awards has a similar beat to Spears' 2008 hit "Womanizer".
  • Ginger wears hats, tops etc. like Britney.

Some parts:

Even if I find these jokes gross, it only proves how big impact on pop culture had Britney's 2007 breakdown, they even hated on her on Nickelodeon's kids show, it sounds horrible but it is what it is. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I used to think that the character was supposed to be a parody of Kesha since, imo, she looks more like Kesha than Brit. It wasn't until years after this episode aired I had learned it was actually about Brit and was pissed :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: It gave me another reason to hate the creepy creator of the series, Dan Schneider.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Cause they had like a ''YouTube'' channel but on their own website and they named it iCarly :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: And the name of this main b tch is Carly 

I guess that all Nickedoleon shows and their lead actresses are TRASH :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

it's a horrid episode. There wasn't anything tongue-in-cheek or "good lesson" about this. They were trashing Britney 3 years after her breakdown by implying that Womanizer was awful and that her comeback was undeserved. What else do you expect from a pedophilic writer

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, ifuseekcody said:

I used to think that the character was supposed to be a parody of Kesha since, imo, she looks more like Kesha than Brit. It wasn't until years after this episode aired I had learned it was actually about Brit and was pissed :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: It gave me another reason to hate the creepy creator of the series, Dan Schneider.

I feel like he did it out of spite since I think Britney confronted him and stood up for her sister. I remember seeing that episode and it was unnecessary attacking her and the fact Nickelodeon allowed that after Britney helped them out so many times 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Puppy said:

I feel like he did it out of spite since I think Britney confronted him and stood up for her sister. I remember seeing that episode and it was unnecessary attacking her and the fact Nickelodeon allowed that after Britney helped them out so many times 

When did she confront him

• Super Mods
31 minutes ago, ronron said:

When did she confront him

I don’t remember the exact details but apparently Jamie Lynne said something to her and of course being the protective older sister Britney went to Dan and said something and reports say she made a threat that he will never work in Hollywood again or something. I think one of the cast talked about it in like a those tell all, forgot who but was obvious didn’t get along with JL, but knowing what we know about Jamie Lynne, not sure if she was twisting the truth to get Britney to do that or not. 

4 hours ago, Puppy said:

I don’t remember the exact details but apparently Jamie Lynne said something to her and of course being the protective older sister Britney went to Dan and said something and reports say she made a threat that he will never work in Hollywood again or something. I think one of the cast talked about it in like a those tell all, forgot who but was obvious didn’t get along with JL, but knowing what we know about Jamie Lynne, not sure if she was twisting the truth to get Britney to do that or not. 

This did NOT happen. Britney confronted the girl who played Nichole for "bullying" Jamie Lynn. Fan fiction is a strange thing.

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

This did NOT happen. Britney confronted the girl who played Nichole for "bullying" Jamie Lynn. Fan fiction is a strange thing.

Ah see I just heard it from someone so yeah hence I don’t know the exact details