This Day in Pop: 'Britney Spears: American Dream' mobile app is released worldwide in 2016 (May 18)

15 hours ago, KrisJ said:

This flopped right?Β 

I remember people also made fun of the fact that Britney in the game said β€œif you want your music to be successful, you need to promote” and it was ironic since she was known for NOT promoting her music at all at the time 🧐

YEAH. i wanna be part of the good reputable people too who want to be so happy laughing this on and and on and on

if you like this joke i am like you are automatically one of the cool guys here just if you do a list of 10 things here, 5 of which are not so coolΒ at all. i feel this joke for example is slightly disrespectful and also just accentuating the popularity in general what is not the least important thing to say about it, i'd take it more like an idea that was thrown out there as a game, i think that in the end the promoting can or can not be important. we got a wonderful album Glory, like Britney says its not what you expect at all, i got this saying in my ears rn, i'd be important i have this body of art that is kinda unique for my tasting and we can use it to reflect on life and how we relate to it. this saying if you want, it was a game, it does not have to reflect the reality and this game is also something for us in which effort has put indeed.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I liked it a lot. I was looking forward to them adding more iconic costumes of hers but they bailed on the game.Β 

Didn't Taylor Swift have a game like this too or was it scrapped?

Well I’m not sure if it was a game, it was a social app called The Swift Life, also developed by Glu who worked on American Dream. It was only around for the Reputation era and it shut down in early 2019.Β 

• Love 3

This game was cute. And it was an honest fun gaming escapeΒ for a while, but like a lot of Britney’s projects, her team just let it die.
Β 

I like that promo was put into it, Britney did a couple cute vids and then it had the Make Me Video. It had really good potential, it could have been creative with good direction, and maybe could have gone somewhere. The gameΒ is a Bop but Dance Beat is the superior Game.Β  Β :bsass_britney_boys_nod:Β  Β :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff: