This Day in Pop: 'Britney Spears: American Dream' mobile app is released worldwide in 2016 (May 18)

americandream.jpg.d437b4b7a72ba941162221f0b181d911.jpglatest?cb=20160514013850

On May 18, 2016, Britney Spears: American Dream mobile app was released worldwide for iOS and Android. It had been previously released since May 13 in various countries for testing purposes, and it was developed by Glu Mobile, the creators of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.

In the role-play game, the goal was to achieve fame and superstardom until becoming an A-list artist, guided by Britney Spears' character who appears several times throughout the journey. The player has to customize aspiring superstars, make them record singles, perform gigs, and several other tasks until they reach Britney's stage at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. The game features voice acting by Britney Spears.

It features Oops!... I Did It Again, as well as several instrumental versions of songs such as ...Baby One More Time, Work *****, (You Drive Me) Crazy, Toxic, Sometimes, Lucky, Piece of Me and Womanizer.

The game has over 1M downloads on Google Play, however it's received mixed reviews from the users.

IMG_0346.0.PNG

In September 2016, a new "exclusive, special version" of her video Make Me... ft. G-Eazy was made available through the app.

IMG_6602.png?w=630&h=354&q=75

Related:

• Love 5
  • Super Mods

Omg I used to love this game!
I remember being obsessed with it.

Whatever happened to the game?

Im asking cause the last time I heard about it

was in 2017.

Did it flop or did her team just cancel any updates on it?

I remember Kim Kardashian also having a game like this

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

was in 2017.

idk, the game is just there lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KrisJ said:

This flopped right? 

I remember people also made fun of the fact that Britney in the game said “if you want your music to be successful, you need to promote” and it was ironic since she was known for NOT promoting her music at all at the time 🧐

It did quite well but not as successful as Kim’s game. The game’s still there on Appstore while Katy’s was removed after like a year :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

was in 2017.

Pretty much said why in my last post although the game was developed by Glu, Britney’s team didn’t have much control over it. 

• Love 1
Just now, alienatedNey said:

It did quite well but not as successful as Kim’s game. The game’s still there on Appstore while Katy’s was removed after like a year :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Glu removed Nicki Minaj’s game and Taylor Swift’s social app too... how this is STILL in the App Store (and Google Play) is beyond me.

• Haha 1

Omg I really loved this game, and I miss this era so bad

it was like prime 2.0 we were getting so much from Britney during 2015/2016 it felt like Christmas!

I still wonder why Britney suddenly cared about her career during the glory era, many theory’s

Spoiler

The got boring so fast, and then I remember the game stopped getting updates :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

i tried this game for a week and really wanted to like it. but i just remember every little thing to do you had to pay coins or whatever it was to do it and you got a free coin every like 3 minutes, unless like every game now you pay. and after a week i got so bored of it and gave up

2 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

:orangu_orangutan_ape: I got this game, played it for 15 minutes, got bored because of the cringe-y story and uninspiring gameplay. The only Britney game I regocnize is

MV5BNTcyYWQ4NDktY2MyNy00MjJlLWFlZjAtZWViZWI2N2YxZjAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

omg i used to absolutely love that game. used to play it all the time. the only annoying bit was i got to the last level where you performed with Britney and couldnt pass it no matter how hard i tried

i always wished she did an updated version of it when she released 2 or 3 more albums. for like the wii or the ninento switch 

• Like 1