Britney Spears - The Lost Tapes?

6 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

You would think RCA would be all about it because it would be an easy way for them to make some money off of her while she’s on strike and I can almost guarantee she’s due for a new release as per her contract.   

Hmmm yeah now that you said that maybe, but we know how lackluster her team have been in the past. 

7 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

You would think RCA would be all about it because it would be an easy way for them to make some money off of her while she’s on strike and I can almost guarantee she’s due for a new release as per her contract.   

RCA is the pits man.  Who is even on that dreadful label?  

Hopefully when the Chsip is over she can fire her entire team and leave RCA!

1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Man I want her to fire her entire team once she's out of her conservatorship and I wouldn't be opposed to her leaving RCA too.

Who the **** is even on RCA, who are they artists? 😭

They actually have quite a lot of artists on their roster, but they're not exactly the best label. 

Who said that? 

Also songs like Amnesia and Trouble may have been available outside of the US on streaming platforms but here in the US they weren't available for streaming.

Now see I wouldn’t include Amnesia because it actually appeared on a version of the Circus album. 

Rare songs I would include if I were making the album would be 

Right Now (Taste The Victory)

Girls And Boys

Over To You Now 

Trouble

Rock Boy 

The Joy Of Pepsi ( it technically counts as  unreleased too in the sense that it’s never been available to purchase/stream) 

Then I’d add like 12-14 unreleased tracks to complete the album and only 4-5 of them would be previously leaked tracks that are mastered. 

8 minutes ago, Isla said:

They actually have quite a lot of artists on their roster, but they're not exactly the best label. 

Are any of them thriving?

I know Atlantic has a lot of heavy hitters like Bruno Mars, Cardi B, Ed Sheran, The Rollingstones they have a lot of big players, Interscope does too but IDK who RCA has? 😭

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Now see I wouldn’t include Amnesia because it actually appeared on a version of the Circus album. 

Rare songs I would include if I were making the album would be 

Right Now (Taste The Victory)

Girls And Boys

Over To You Now 

Trouble

Rock Boy 

The Joy Of Pepsi ( it technically counts as  unreleased too in the sense that it’s never been available to purchase/stream) 

Then I’d add like 12-14 unreleased tracks to complete the album and only 4-5 of them would be previously leaked tracks that are mastered. 

I would be here for that!  I just discovered that Bloodshy & Avant produced Trouble I had no idea and it makes it even more crazy that it wasn't included on the standard tracklisting.

Like who the hell was the A&R for Circus that put that awful album together?

It was so many other great songs that could have made the finished version!

1 minute ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I would be here for that!  I just discovered that Bloodshy & Avant produced Trouble I had no idea and it makes it even more crazy that it wasn't included on the standard tracklisting.

Like who the hell was the A&R for Circus that put that awful album together?

It was so many other great songs that could have made the finished version!

I love Circus it’s one of my favorite albums from her, but yes the track listing could be better. I think part of why it’s a little messy is Theresa tried to include songs Britney really liked a long with songs they thought would be sure hits. So songs like Amnesia and Trouble got lost in the mix. Trouble may also have been regulated to pre-order track because it features a sample and releasing songs that have samples or are covers can be expensive. 

5 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I love Circus it’s one of my favorite albums from her, but yes the track listing could be better. I think part of why it’s a little messy is Theresa tried to include songs Britney really liked a long with songs they thought would be sure hits. So songs like Amnesia and Trouble got lost in the mix. Trouble may also have been regulated to pre-order track because it features a sample and releasing songs that have samples or are covers can be expensive. 

I like some of the songs and still play Unusual You, Mannequin, Blur, Kill The Lights, the 3 BT's that weren't available in the US and I just played Womanizer and Circus is playing rn.

The rest could have been left on the cutting room floor and I totally forgot that Teresa was the one that did the track listing for Circus.

Also coming off the heels of Blackout didn't help either and Britney promised a more R&B/Hip Hop record and when Circus came it was a pure Pop album.

Its crazy cause she promised the same with Femme Fatale and BJ and someone always **** her plans up.  That another reason why I'll be glad when she's free cause she'll be able to make the music that she truly wants too and be the artist that she wants too and not what someone else wants her to do.

3 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well Pink has been quite successful even though she’s become so musically boring! They seem to pour a lot of money and effort into her releases. 

I agree again.  I love Pink and her music is always good but she's not exactly exciting to me if that make sense?

22 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I like some of the songs and still play Unusual You, Mannequin, Blur, Kill The Lights, the 3 BT's that weren't available in the US and I just played Womanizer and Circus is playing rn.

The rest could have been left on the cutting room floor and I totally forgot that Teresa was the one that did the track listing for Circus.

Also coming off the heels of Blackout didn't help either and Britney promised a more R&B/Hip Hop record and when Circus came it was a pure Pop album.

Its crazy cause she promised the same with Femme Fatale and BJ and someone always **** her plans up.  That another reason why I'll be glad when she's free cause she'll be able to make the music that she truly wants too and be the artist that she wants too and not what someone else wants her to do.

Kill The Lights is one of my least favorites on the album! Like I said its one of my favorite albums from her I just would’ve switched out My Baby, Rock Me In, and Mmm Papi for Amnesia, Trouble, Quicksand....but like I said I think those three tracks were chosen for the main album because Britney liked them...she co-wrote all 3. I’m glad Circus wasn’t an R&B album it would’ve been redundant since Blackout was an Urban album and honestly I’m not a huge fan of Blackout 

46 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Are any of them thriving?

I know Atlantic has a lot of heavy hitters like Bruno Mars, Cardi B, Ed Sheran, The Rollingstones they have a lot of big players, Interscope does too but IDK who RCA has? 😭

Well yeah as explained above Pink is on RCA, and I think Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera still are but it's not like either release albums regularly, Miley was but she left to join Columbia. Little Mix are on RCA but in the UK. I can't really think of others right now. 

28 minutes ago, godneyjspears said:

Wait did this happen? Can someone explain what went down? 

Was U a fan during that time?

I remember Britney saying that Circus was going to be more "urban" than when the album came it was pure pop.  The same thing happened to Femme Fatale and Britney Jean too.

She had some songs with Hit Boy for BJ and if even talked about it too

With Femme Fatale she had to re-record the entire album per Jive records not being happy with the album. I remember Darkchild saying that he did 2 songs for Britney and one was with Travis Barker but we never heard the one with Travis Barker.

If U notice from Britney when she started getting creative freedom up until Blackout Britney albums were going more and more in the R&B/Hip Hop route then Circus came and killed all of that imo.

Here is Hit Boy below in the 2 vids talking about Britney manager coming up to him and asking him to produce for Britney yet we never heard those tracks before!  He produced Ni**** In Paris for Jay & Kanye and a bunch on they Watch The Throne album and that's what made him pop off as a producer and he has worked with Beyonce, Jlo, Nicki and Rihanna and a ton of Hip Hop artists, he is a very talented producer!

He also said that he wanted to work with Britney and produce a album for her.  I remember Pharrell saying that he wanted to EP Britney Jean yet we got stuck with Will I Am. 😭

I'm trying to find some links now about Pharrell saying that he wanted to produce Britneys upcoming album which was BJ.

I know its some fans on here that remembers this more clearly then I do.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, godneyjspears said:

Wait did this happen? Can someone explain what went down? 

57 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I remember Britney saying that Circus was going to be more "urban" than when the album came it was pure pop.  The same thing happened to Femme Fatale and Britney Jean too.

With Femme Fatale she had to re-record the entire album per Jive records not being happy with the album. I remember Darkchild saying that he did 2 songs for Britney and one was with Travis Barker but we never heard the one with Travis Barker.

If U notice from Britney when she started getting creative freedom up until Blackout Britney albums were going more and more in the R&B/Hip Hop route then Circus came and killed all of that imo.

Here is Hit Boy below in the 2 vids talking about Britney manager coming up to him and asking him to produce for Britney yet we never heard those tracks before!  He produced Ni**** In Paris for Jay & Kanye and a bunch on they Watch The Throne album and that's what made him pop off as a producer and he has worked with Beyonce, Jlo, Nicki and Rihanna and a ton of Hip Hop artists, he is a very talented producer!

He also said that he wanted to work with Britney and produce a album for her.  I remember Pharrell saying that he wanted to EP Britney Jean yet we got stuck with Will I Am. 😭

I'm trying to find some links now about Pharrell saying that he wanted to produce Britneys upcoming album which was BJ.

I thought the original Femme Fatale didn’t happened because Teresa Labarbera left with all the material and producers. 

But yeah, Britney had to record new material. They announced the new producers (Luke and Martin) in November. Britney recorded HIAM on December and it was released on January. Pretty rushed. 

• Like 1

Thanks yeah I didn't become a fan until 2017 and yeah I knew all about the BJ stuff but didn't realise there was a version of femme fatale that was scrapped and redone because of jive

• Love 1