Jump to content

Will Dua Lipa Become The Katy Perry Of This Generation?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Not the Heidi montag of our time 🥴🥴🥴 lololololol

but I respectfully disagree she performed at major award shows Grammys n the Brit awards. She may not big big yet but she’s way bigger than Heidi or trishya lololol

heidi montag dancing GIF by The Hills

Look ,well done for performing in all these ****ty awards shows for me it is not what makes an artists good , it's the quality , just like I think selena gomez is another one of these girls who are extremely famous but their talent is very little in my opinion they wouldn't be half as famous if they weren't pretty , so we'll see if they stand the test of time like Sade , Whitney Houston , Michael Jackson and Madonna and all those people who actually possessed/posses a talent .....

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been in love with  Dua since her beginning. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about how her sophomore album would turn out, sonically and commercially.  She shut my mouth. Therefore, I t

Honestly, I don’t think any pop star will become big again. I don’t think most people in real-life know who she is nor do they discuss her.

People in real life don't even care about who Dua Lipa is, she's not that interesting as a celebrity/person. She's really just there. It's payola-core. They hear Dua Lipa songs on the radio or on

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Look ,well done for performing in all these ****ty awards shows for me it is not what makes an artists good , it's the quality , just like I think selena gomez is another one of these girls who are extremely famous but their talent is very little in my opinion they wouldn't be half as famous if they weren't pretty , so we'll see if they stand the test of time like Sade , Whitney Houston , Michael Jackson and Madonna and all those people who actually possessed/posses a talent .....

Obviously she’s no mj or Whitney/Mariah or Janet. 

n I think she’s slightly higher in the talent section than Selena Gomez but I agree to that comparison 

butttt she’s not a heidi 

Anyways stream body language for good skin 💕🤣😭

 

 

  • Love 2
Link to post
5 hours ago, Dreams said:

People in real life don't even care about who Dua Lipa is, she's not that interesting as a celebrity/person. She's really just there. It's payola-core.

They hear Dua Lipa songs on the radio or on Youtube because the algorithm keeps spamming her stuff people but don't really care about who sings those songs, she has the Camilla Cabello syndrome, everybody knew Havana but nobody cared about Camilla.

I've never met a person that listens to Dua Lipa all her fans are just on Twitter or pop forums it's really weird.

 

 

That’s not true. Her personality is very cool. She’s charming, funny, elegant, very intelligent and always positive. Her interviews and acoustic performances have millions of views. There’s something about her that is just refreshing. She’s like a ray of sunshine!

  • Like 2
Link to post

Uh, I don’t see any similarities. Nothing about Dua comes off as cheesy or corny like Katy did. Katy is always trying so hard, but Dua comes off more effortless to me. She just seems like a “cool girl.” Fashionable. She was a unique deep voice. Dua has never been trying to appeal to little kids like Katy clearly was for a while. Idk if Dua will be like a Britney, Beyonce, Madonna, Janet, Kylie, etc- but I also don’t think ppl will ever cringe at Dua the way a lot of ppl cringe as Katy now. 
 

honestly I don’t know what modern “pop” stars will actually last. Billie Eillish, Lizzo, Olivia Rodrigo, they all seem like trends to me, out of anyone I think Dua could go the distance- but we’ll see 

  • Love 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, B-R-I-T-N-E-Y said:

You're such an hater, muahahha. I love seeing Dua's haters. They are so mad. :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: keep telling those lies to yourself :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

 

And please do not insult Dua Lipa with this comparison with the Clown of Pop, Katy Perry. :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

 

Dua is all about classiness, she has a lot of Britney energy. An humble Queen. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

Oh please. She's no Rihanna, Britney or Gaga. Those women had multi-generational appeal, kids, teenagers and even old people knew about Gaga. Dula is just big on the internet, in the real world no one even knows she exists. Twitter and tiktok isn't the real world, zoomer.

 

  • Love 3
Link to post
4 hours ago, Greg_del said:

She’s charming, funny, elegant, very intelligent and always positive. Her interviews and acoustic performances have millions of views. There’s something about her that is just refreshing. She’s like a ray of sunshine!

Being cute and charming isn't enough

She's no Cardi B

Link to post

I hate when people say so and so is the next insert chosen celebrity here. It’s annoying as heck and puts high expectations on said person. Every artist should be their own person not the next whatever. Thank you for letting me rant a little. 

Link to post

Ok……  **** this thread. 
“this isn’t intended to start war…..” 🙄

Disclaimers that claim stuff like that before ultimately offering a jaded review of a pop-star’s career, in a negative light, only serve one purpose ….. pissing people off and STARTING FAN WAR. 
 

dua lipa is fantastic, and she’d be lucky as hell to have a career trajectory like Katy Perry. ‘Future nostalgia” was a masterful pop album, and she deserves nothing but accolades. 
 

Can we just stop comparing pop stars to each other please? These women are all powerful, hardworking, enthusiastic and gorgeous. Let’s just celebrate the eras for what they are. 

EVERY pop star that tops global charts 3 albums in a row will eventually have a cool off period. That’s all there is to it. I’m getting super annoyed with the constant negative references to Katy Perry on this site. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
9 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Your career on Exhale is a joke honey and you know that 

 

9 hours ago, Dreams said:

what is your career besides being gay

IM SCREAMING 💀

  • Haha 1

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
50 minutes ago, dr35 said:

Ok……  this thread. 
“this isn’t intended to start war…..” 🙄

Disclaimers that claim stuff like that before ultimately offering a jaded review of a pop-star’s career, in a negative light, only serve one purpose ….. pissing people off and STARTING FAN WAR. 

The-

I am a stan of both these artist? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: It has actually been a discussion among pop culture stans for some time. Which is why I raised this question to exhale so I can read everyone's view on it. 

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Link to post

Katy Perry was like an American vintage pin up pop star.

Dua Lipa is British, she’s like Adele meets the Spice Girls. I think Dua Lipa will end up more like Kylie Minogue over time ... she won’t be a tabloid gossip queen . It’s more about her music and looks than her personal life. She’s not your friend, she’s Dua Lipa

  • Like 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Uh, I don’t see any similarities. Nothing about Dua comes off as cheesy or corny like Katy did. Katy is always trying so hard, but Dua comes off more effortless to me. She just seems like a “cool girl.” Fashionable. She was a unique deep voice. Dua has never been trying to appeal to little kids like Katy clearly was for a while. Idk if Dua will be like a Britney, Beyonce, Madonna, Janet, Kylie, etc- but I also don’t think ppl will ever cringe at Dua the way a lot of ppl cringe as Katy now. 
 

honestly I don’t know what modern “pop” stars will actually last. Billie Eillish, Lizzo, Olivia Rodrigo, they all seem like trends to me, out of anyone I think Dua could go the distance- but we’ll see 

Billie Eillish is actually talented , I'm sure she'll last long due to her talent and understanding of music, she's not even 20 and she writes her own songs , I'm not a stan and I didn't like every single song by her , but I like some of her songs I think she is interesting and her style (in it's base) is great, she just needs to do more regular instruments and less "cool sound effects" to appeal to more ears ...

  • Like 1
Link to post

They can not be compared creatively, musically, aesthetically because Katy’s videos are usually very thematic imo. But they are both it girls. But still it is like comparing Gaga to Madonna or Rihanna to Britney. And all they have in common is music and popularity Nicki Minaj Girl GIF.

  • Like 1
Link to post

In a way yes. Dua is kinda boring as a celebrity, she doesnt have a lot of charisma and people arent that interested in following her life. When the road gets Rocky her fans will ditch her and go to the next trendy thing. Future Nostalgia is big but it cant match the success of teenage dream. Teenage dream era scored 6 number one hits, and few top 3 hits, even dont start now didnt hit number one and you also have to conaider it is a lot easier to score high chart positions than before. TD album also scored number one and was the most successfull female album of that year, folklore, evermore and im pretty sure Chromatica too has outsold future nostalgia. I can see dua scoring one big era after this like katy, then the interest will slowly fade because she doesnt have that pop star persona, charisma or charm that just forces us to stan her. 

Link to post

Jeez! People come out with some shady topics :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Listen! Soon Katy will be in Vegas and Dua is going on a sold out world tour :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: they're both doing VERY good.

although Dua is less annoying thus less coverage of her 'drama' in the media...which I prefer as it does not overshadow her music :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block