3 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

about how I struggle with losing weight and I asked if anyone could share tips on how to control food cravings and have a better relationship with food.

lol, but that doesn’t sell I guess

That is a good topic!

What i do is, first  I go to the super market after eating a meal. If i go with an empty stomach i end up buying things that i dont need and that are unhealthy. 

A trick i have to avoid buying processed foods is to constantly think they are overpriced and that i can save more money if i cook the same myself at home :) I also recommend to start preparing your meals before you are very hungry and take your time, this should help to avoid rushed decisions and not falling for processed foods. Try to eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible - a nutricionist told me once that one of the purposes of color vision is to be able to identity fruits and vegetables.

If you have a lot of snacks, try to replace them for healthier options, for example i replaced chips for carrot sticks and hummus. Almonds, nuts and bananas are a nice snack if you are not at home. Give yourself time to adjust. Also allow yourself some small treat, for example i like dark chocolate, i eat now 85% cocoa instead of 60% cocoa.

This is what worked for me, i hope it is useful.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sea flower said:

That is a good topic!

What i do is, first  I go to the super market after eating a meal. If i go with an empty stomach i end up buying things that i dont need and that are unhealthy. 

A trick i have to avoid buying processed foods is to constantly think they are overpriced and that i can save more money if i cook the same myself at home :) I also recommend to start preparing your meals before you are very hungry and take your time, this should help to avoid rushed decisions and not falling for processed foods. Try to eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible - a nutricionist told me once that one of the purposes of color vision is to be able to identity fruits and vegetables.

If you have a lot of snacks, try to replace them for healthier options, for example i replaced chips for carrot sticks and hummus. Almonds, nuts and bananas are a nice snack if you are not at home. Give yourself time to adjust. Also allow yourself some small treat, for example i like dark chocolate, i eat now 85% cocoa instead of 60% cocoa.

This is what worked for me, i hope it is useful.

omg all so useful - these are good habits to have; and yes, having stuff readily available that are healthy i think is the greatest approach.

i recently started reading "atomic habits" and while it doesn't touch on the subject of food, it does talk about how to make small changes periodically which will eventually lead to a huge change; and that has helped a lot.

i did quit social media and a lot of things that had been giving me anxiety, i think that'll help greatly as well.

thank you for taking the time, i really like your tips and i'll definitely incorporate some of those; my dad also suggested the dark chocolate approach and i think its delicious, i'll see how to incorporate them into my habits as i love sweets.

i set myself up for success in the upcoming 3 months - i have been preparing for a few weeks now and i wanna take a fun weight loss journey starting June 1st. hopefully i'll develop a better relationship with food during this time... maybe just maybe ill post a before and after picture in my flop tread.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block