Britney describing the meaning behind Onyx Hotel

I really feel like this is what Glory was shaping up to be. It was such a concept and there was so much symbolism throughout. It’s a shame that we’ve only seen fragments of Britney’s vision (as in we only have her team’s cut of the video and extremely edited photos) but from what we can see she was extremely passionate about the project. We haven’t seen Britney like that since ITZ. It’s clear she still has passion. Her passion shines through when she is the one in control, which is exactly the case here for ITZ/OHT

• Love 1
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I really feel like this is what Glory was shaping up to be. It was such a concept and there was so much symbolism throughout. It’s a shame that we’ve only seen fragments of Britney’s vision (as in we only have her team’s cut of the video and extremely edited photos) but from what we can see she was extremely passionate about the project. We haven’t seen Britney like that since ITZ. It’s clear she still has passion. Her passion shines through when she is the one in control, which is exactly the case here for ITZ/OHT

Totally agree.  I know most of Exhale says otherwise, but she did a lot of promo at the beginning of the Glory era (even more than a lot of other artists these days) and she was actually happy doing it.  I still don't think it was anywhere near the level of creative control she used to have, but it was the closest she had in a long time... but then Jamie and co interfered and her label didn't provide the support they should be.  Either something happened along the way, or they tricked her into thinking she'll get more creative control and then stripping it away from her later on. Who knows. Either way, we at least got one amazing music video (Slaymber Party), and some decent performances of the new tracks. But it could have been a lot more if she had more creative control and got to work with who she wanted to work with.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Imagine if she'll get free and start expressing that vision and ideas. That would be so freaking cool:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: 

• Love 1

I feel like if Britney was allowed to maintain creative control over her career that she would have never hit “a dead spot”. 

Team Con killed that passion - which is what made Britney so intriguing to the GP (her passion, her energy) IN TURN screwing themselves out of money in the long run cuz no one really cares anymore, including Britney herself. 

I am so bitter to this day that her artistry was killed. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Isla said:

Love these types of interviews, she seemed so passionate about the tour! I still think the idea of combining a jewel with the hotel was such a good concept for the show. 

I always thought she called it the “Onyx Hotel Tour” because she originally was going to call it the “In The Zone” tour but couldn’t due to legal stuff. 

It’s a cool concept though and makes sense when she explains it. I miss when she was this passionate about her career but in this interview she looks sad and bored of it. Almost the more she says she loves what she does the more it’s like she’s trying to convince herself. She needed a break.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I always thought she called it the “Onyx Hotel Tour” because she originally was going to call it the “In The Zone” tour but couldn’t due to legal stuff. 

It’s a cool concept though and makes sense when she explains it. I miss when she was this passionate about her career but in this interview she looks sad and bored of it. Almost the more she says she loves what she does the more it’s like she’s trying to convince herself. She needed a break.

Yeah she was sued over the In the Zone name so couldn't use it for the tour, yet was still able to name the album that ddd.

And yeah I kinda agree, although she was still passionate here she was getting tired in 2004.

6 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

I feel like if Britney was allowed to maintain creative control over her career that she would have never hit “a dead spot”. 

Team Con killed that passion - which is what made Britney so intriguing to the GP (her passion, her energy) IN TURN screwing themselves out of money in the long run cuz no one really cares anymore, including Britney herself. 

Sadly you’re wrong, team con isn’t loosing any more,

britney is worth over a billion dollars with that perfume line… the numbers still don’t add up but yeah hearing her be passionate about her career is so amazing, something I missed out on because I was a baby during her prime.

Sometimes I wonder how much she did love her  job (for ex stages)  and how much control she really was given, she’s spoken before about not really wanting to dance with the snake but she did it because it was her job and Britney is always very professional with what she does!  and if so why was she allowed to make certain choices….I’m looking at you rollingstone with a then **** clad 17 years old Britney

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

I agree.  Can you imagine any artist that is super talented and actually loves what they do, and then somehow gets their creative control stripped away?  (This often happens to any designer/artist who works for corporations).  But hers is even more extreme, because they went all the way to the level of her being completely censored, stripped of her live mics except for carefully timed spots where they can censor her.  Given choreography that doesn't even fit your style or music.  Making her do residencies in front of intoxicated Vegas goers instead of locations where her fans can actually feed them energy. 

I'm glad she's still at least having fun at home with her silly Instagram videos, but I hope she truly gets to have creative control one day in terms of her whole career.  

She's at a point in her life where she doesn't need a label, and she doesn't need some big team anymore.  She needs to go completely independent and work with people she wants to work with.  In today's digital age with streaming and social media, it's so easy for anyone to become an independent artist and make big money.  She already has a good start with her legacy, money (though it's constantly being drained by Jamie and co), and image. But I'm sure that'll be another legal battle she'd have to fight in addition to the many others. So I doubt she'd even bother with that.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I would have loved to have seen this tour live. I hope more pro-shots from other dates (esp UK ones) leak one day, if they even exist

Omg nnnn this is random but I vividly remember a post of you saying you went to the Onyx Hotel Tour? Maybe it was just deja vu but it was so specific like I remember there being talk about how you almost missed the opportunity but then saw her in Glasgow and that you could hear her singing Brave New Girl live, maybe I just dreamt it all up or someone had a similar profile picture. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

6 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Omg nnnn this is random but I vividly remember a post of you saying you went to the Onyx Hotel Tour? Maybe it was just deja vu but it was so specific like I remember there being talk about how you almost missed the opportunity but then saw her in Glasgow and that you could hear her singing Brave New Girl live, maybe I just dreamt it all up or someone had a similar profile picture. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Omg I wish!! Haha it was actually another user who said that. But it was someone I was talking to/quizzing on here about their experience seeing the Onyx Hotel in Manchester. I was shook they said she performed BNG and added dance break to BOM I think :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

• Love 2