Britney Spears named among the World's Top 50 Influencers across all social media platforms

influencerney.jpg.89fed5941a4f0ca04330511d3b3f3814.jpg

Visual Capitalist named the Top 50 influencers around the world, counting all social media platforms. Britney Spears is placed at #47, with a total of 134M followers, Twitter being her biggest platform.

Who Has the Most Overall Followers on Social Media?

We parsed through hundreds of the most-followed accounts on multiple platforms to narrow down the top influencers across social media as of April 2021.

Sources include trackers of the most followers on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok, verified directly on site and with social media tracker Socialblade.

The results? A top 50 list of social media influencers consisting of athletes, musicians, politicians, and other personalities.

top-50-social-media-influencers.jpg

You can read the full article here

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, maki93 said:

The whole Free Britney thing boosted her social media following by millions, especially on Instagram. 

it's impressive that she's still so strong after so long and after being absent for so many years in what she does, which is music, however at the same time it's not that surprising the amount of followers she has, considering that at the beginning of social media she was one of the most followed. At some point she was the most followed on Twitter, in the early years her videos were the most watched on Youtube (with a number of views that is not impressive nowadays but it was back then) and she was also the most followed musician on the defunct Google+ :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Considering her peers kept growing throughout the years, proportionally she should've remained on top after all these years too. Maybe she wouldn't be able to compete with the younger generation of artists anyways, but at least compared to the people from her generation, she should be so much higher than she is.

But yeah, I agree FreeBritney has given her social platforms a boost, especially Instagram, yet she's still far behind many other artists. People need to stop sleeping on her, not just in terms of her legal battle, but also her legacy.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

This is impressive especially since she is considered a 90s celeb.

That means shes the most followed 90s celebrity on social media!

COOL! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

Umm did you even look at the list? Snoop, Jt, jlo, and Beyoncé are all in front of her & they’re 90s celebs my dear. Nevertheless it’s accomplishment that’s she’s in that number with this group! 

• Super Mods
17 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Umm did you even look at the list? Snoop, Jt, jlo, and Beyoncé are all in front of her & they’re 90s celebs my dear. Nevertheless it’s accomplishment that’s she’s in that number with this group! 

Uh NO I didnt.

I just read the title and thats it!

I dont really care to read it

3 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Remember when Britney and Ashton Kutcher were racing to see how would reach 1M followers first on twitter?

Tbh i think followers today especiallly in IG are hard to figure out. Selena for example having so many followers, where does it come from? 

yeah, or how does that reflect on her sales/streams, mentions on the internet, or how does that relate to the amount of stuff she's put out over the years. For example, It surprises she's above Taylor Swift, or that Lady Gaga or William Eyelash are so low, even Adele.

But it's part of what I meant on another comment. If for whatever reason at some point Selena Gomez was the most followed, it makes sense that over the years she remains among the top most followed, even if she's not that relevant anymore, sort of like a snowball effect, that just keeps growing, but she won't lose those followers. That's why it doesn't make sense that Britney didn't stay on top as years went by. If she was the most followed at some point, every new Twitter user, or whatever, should've been following her almost automatically, like, just because she was the most followed, but it's like every new people decided to pass on her.

It also depends on when they became more active, for example, even though Britney's Instagram account exists since 2011, it was mostly just an extension of her other social media accounts, it wasn't until a few years ago that "she" started posting more content exclusively for Instagram.

I'm ok with her being just 47. This is based on followers. Her and Beyonce are far more influential than this list alludes to imo. 

I think this list demonstrates common ground of youth vs older generations or a common ground. Britney being top 50 is a good thing. I feel like it's pretty fair of a ranking.

• Love 2

This proves that despite what some pop fans on social media and forums say, she's far from over. If her dramas get sorted out, she starts caring again and puts out pop excellence with her own cool video concepts, maybe she'll be able to have another great comeback. :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:  Queen of being eternally relevant. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

yeah, or how does that reflect on her sales/streams, mentions on the internet, or how does that relate to the amount of stuff she's put out over the years. For example, It surprises she's above Taylor Swift, or that Lady Gaga or William Eyelash are so low, even Adele.

But it's part of what I meant on another comment. If for whatever reason at some point Selena Gomez was the most followed, it makes sense that over the years she remains among the top most followed, even if she's not that relevant anymore, sort of like a snowball effect, that just keeps growing, but she won't lose those followers. That's why it doesn't make sense that Britney didn't stay on top as years went by. If she was the most followed at some point, every new Twitter user, or whatever, should've been following her almost automatically, like, just because she was the most followed, but it's like every new people decided to pass on her.

It also depends on when they became more active, for example, even though Britney's Instagram account exists since 2011, it was mostly just an extension of her other social media accounts, it wasn't until a few years ago that "she" started posting more content exclusively for Instagram.

True, but Britney still have a lot of twitter followers, 55M, especially compared to her other social media and considering twitter only became a thing in 2009 way past her peak, its still pretty impressive.