What to do with Britney Jean once Britney is free?

What to do with Britney Jean  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ll never throw it out completely. Alien is one of my all time faves. I’d love for her to basically re-record the album. A few songs can be left out, or completely reworked. I think Alien, Work *****, Perfume, Tils It’s Gone, Hold On Tight, Don’t Cry, Now that I found you, and Passenger are actually good songs. I think there’s potential with the other songs, they just need some rewriting/remixing. 

there was potential, I think they just rushed it and Britney didn’t get to have control on the album, like how they marketed it, so she probably was trying to do something like she’s doing now. Instead of refusing to work, just putting in very little effort. 

I don't think anything will change regarding Britney Jean's legacy. In a perfect world Brit would re-record the Myah tracks and re-release the album possibly with a few unreleased tracks and make an event out of the situation, but part of me thinks that Brit doesn't care enough about the album to pursue that angle.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, OCBoy1985 said:

I never got the hype over William Orbit tbh, I mean ROY is a boring BORING album aside from Frozen and ROL. 😭

No it isn't. The album is far from boring. It's just just beyond her typical throbbing pop hits that many people aren't used to. The album is a spectacular and wonderful record that centers around the art of spirituality which of course cannot have Madonna throw in dance hits and stuff. It is a soothing and miraculous record that can actually HEAL people (me being an example) and truly awakens you. Still her best album to date.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:28 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

@Blackout2006, do what you have to do. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Done :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

18 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

He is unbothered. :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

I-

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

No it isn't. The album is far from boring. It's just just beyond her typical throbbing pop hits that many people aren't used to. The album is a spectacular and wonderful record that centers around the art of spirituality which of course cannot have Madonna throw in dance hits and stuff. It is a soothing and miraculous record that can actually HEAL people (me being an example) and truly awakens you. Still her best album to date.

Done :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I-

Imo it’s a boring bland album aside from Frozen and ROL.

I know this because I have listened to it a few times to see if I was hearing it wrong and I just don’t care for it.

I listen to all genres of music and all eras of music too going back to the 60s. So I’m not one that only listens to Pop or dance music. 

Imo Confessions is her best album. That album just flows so well and the way that the songs all flow into one another I really like. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I know this because I have listened to it a few times to see if I was hearing it wrong and I just don’t care for it.

I listen to all genres of music and all eras of music too going back to the 60s. So I’m not one that only listens to Pop or dance music. 

It's not a bland album tho. She takes a genre like electronica known for clubs and dancing and uses it as a technique to make personal songs. It also dabbles genres like trip hop, techno, house, ambient beats, new wave and eastern music as well. Doesn't sound bland to me.

However, agree to disagree.

22 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Imo Confessions is her best album. That album just flows so well and the way that the songs all flow into one another I really like. 

The Power Of Goodbye is the best song with Frozen. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

On 5/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, Nickey said:

It's a very important question that needs an answer. We all know the Queen is going to be free one day.

And then she will wake up one day and she'll be like omg. I need to do something with this CD i never wanted to release.

What's your option. Discuss. Choose your destiny.

22efb99cce8db4ef1c4e9ca9d0881888.jpg

First of all, how do we know that she didn’t want to release this album? She wrote every song on it. The record label rushed through the production because they wanted the album’s release to coincide with the launch of Britney’s residency. Usually, artists will spend a minimum of 1-2 years preparing an album. Recording for Britney Jean lasted barely 3 months. Britney was very busy rehearsing for her Vegas residency and couldn’t spend much time in the studio. It’s hard to do two things at once in two different states (Nevada, California). She probably did want to release this album and if she had the time, she would have been more involved in the production. You could tell she put forth 100% effort on Glory and she had 2-3 years to work on it. 

From what it seems, Britney actually did provide vocals for and recorded every song but the stems were very raw and unpolished. She didn’t have time to go back and perfect it, so the producers brought in Myah and blended her vocals with Britney’s. It’s clear Britney had every intention of releasing this album but would have wanted more time to record and perfect it. If she wasn’t rushed, the album could have been another masterpiece. 

• Love 1
On 5/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, MyLittlePopstar said:

I’ll never throw it out completely. Alien is one of my all time faves. I’d love for her to basically re-record the album. A few songs can be left out, or completely reworked. I think Alien, Work *****, Perfume, Tils It’s Gone, Hold On Tight, Don’t Cry, Now that I found you, and Passenger are actually good songs. I think there’s potential with the other songs, they just need some rewriting/remixing. 

there was potential, I think they just rushed it and Britney didn’t get to have control on the album, like how they marketed it, so she probably was trying to do something like she’s doing now. Instead of refusing to work, just putting in very little effort. 

Yeah Britney really didn’t have time to record the album with such a rushed production schedule. She was spending 8-12 hours a day rehearsing for Vegas and could not fly back to California to record the album. They only gave her 3 months to finish it! In hindsight, they should have brought the recording studio to her in Vegas. She could have recorded the songs in between rehearsal sessions...like 3 hours dancing, 2 hours singing, 3 hours dancing, and so on. I’m pretty sure record labels have been willing to accommodate the needs of their most prized artists!

On 5/16/2021 at 2:00 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Destroy it, burn it, throw it into the pacific ocean, dig it under sand and so much more.

:imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

You are the epitome of does anyone think global warming is a good thing I like lady gaga I think she’s an interesting artist 

• Haha 1
On 5/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Blackout2006 said:

It's not a bland album tho. She takes a genre like electronica known for clubs and dancing and uses it as a technique to make personal songs. It also dabbles genres like trip hop, techno, house, ambient beats, new wave and eastern music as well. Doesn't sound bland to me.

However, agree to disagree.

I legit thought you were describing Britney Jean and was very confused 

• Haha 2