Battle of The Pop Stars Round 5: Rihanna vs. Miley Cyrus

Who do you like best?   

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Midnight said:

Nooo :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Iol I couldn't think of who else would be good competition for Riri lol. 

I never knew exhale loved Rihanna so much but it looks like the rest of the pop ladies are going to be competing against her.

U didn't? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: I- The riri navy and Britney army are allies, where have u been? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Midnight said:

:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: The Madonna of this gen? I strongly disagree but we perceive Riri differently though I understand where your coming from buttttt

Reveal hidden contents

The Madonna of this generation is yet to exist :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

5 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

She's the closest thing we've had to Madonna in the 00s and 10s. :explainlol_stare_spin:

IAlwaysSingUnLive has a point. She is the black Madonna of our generation and even Riri said she wanted to be so, which she completed with finesse and ease. 

For starters, she is a pop chameleon. She is unpredictable which is a main reason for why she has remained relevant for so long. Visiting all her eras:-

• Music Of The Sun- Dancehall, Rn'B album with dance influences 
  • A Girl Like Me- Reggae-pop album 
  • Good Girl Gone Bad- 80s-influenced dance-pop, R'nB
  • Rated R- Dubstep, Hip-hop, Pop, Rock Influences, Synthesizer, Latin-pop (te amo), Rude Boy (Dancehall)
  • LOUD- Dance, Europop, Pop, Pop-rock, House
  • Talk That Talk- House, Electro-pop, Pop, Dance, 90s-Influenced music
  • Unapologetic- EDM, Hip hop, Dubstep, Urban, Rn'B, Electronica and disco, rock, and reggae influences.
  • ANTi- Soul, Dancehall, Reggae, Trap, Doo-wop

Basically, all of her albums are different. Each era she always doing something new. Pretty much like Madonna would in her heydays.

Also, her record sales. She after all is the second highest-selling artist to Madonna. She is also the first US artist since Madonna whom I have seen sell albums and singles in millions in the UK. Plus, she is a globally recognized icon. Her music is still played often, and Asians and Europeans are her biggest fans. Not to mention that she has pretty good album sales for this generation. Her last album sold like 11 million units WW, which is pretty different to see in this age of music that is generally consumed through singles. Yet, people still call her a singles artist, which is evidently false. Plus, she is also a celebrated fashion icon like how Madonna is. They both r pretty similar and gotta give props to Riri to achieving something like that so easily.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

IAlwaysSingUnLive has a point. She is the black Madonna of our generation and even Riri said she wanted to be so, which she completed with finesse and ease. 

For starters, she is a pop chameleon. She is unpredictable which is a main reason for why she has remained relevant for so long. Visiting all her eras:-

• Music Of The Sun- Dancehall, Rn'B album with dance influences 
  • A Girl Like Me- Reggae-pop album 
  • Good Girl Gone Bad- 80s-influenced dance-pop, R'nB
  • Rated R- Dubstep, Hip-hop, Pop, Rock Influences, Synthesizer, Latin-pop (te amo), Rude Boy (Dancehall)
  • LOUD- Dance, Europop, Pop, Pop-rock, House
  • Talk That Talk- House, Electro-pop, Pop, Dance, 90s-Influenced music
  • Unapologetic- EDM, Hip hop, Dubstep, Urban, Rn'B, Electronica and disco, rock, and reggae influences.
  • ANTi- Soul, Dancehall, Reggae, Trap, Doo-wop

Basically, all of her albums are different. Each era she always doing something new. Pretty much like Madonna would in her heydays.

Also, her record sales. She after all is the second highest-selling artist to Madonna. She is also the first US artist since Madonna whom I have seen sell albums and singles in millions in the UK. Plus, she is a globally recognized icon. Her music is still played often, and Asians and Europeans are her biggest fans. Not to mention that she has pretty good album sales for this generation. Her last album sold like 11 million units WW, which is pretty different to see in this age of music that is generally consumed through singles. Yet, people still call her a singles artist, which is evidently false. Plus, she is also a celebrated fashion icon like how Madonna is. They both r pretty similar and gotta give props to Riri to achieving something like that so easily.

Wasn't ANTI on the Billboard 200 for years too? :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: One thing that separates her from Madonna is her lack of artistry, but she definitely checks every other box including the ones you mentioned. I'd also like to add that Rihanna thrived on controversy just like Madonna (even if female ***uality wasn't as controversial as in the 80s and 90s by the time Rihanna came around). :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Wasn't ANTI on the Billboard 200 for years too? :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: 

Yup. It is the longest running album in the Hot 200 by a black female artist.

It is pretty amusing too, how the beyhive were dragging ANTi for selling 469 copies in its first week, then selling only 1.5 million copies in its first year of release, winning no grammies and deeming it as a "flop". Yet in the long run, ANTi ended up surpassing Lemonade :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

One thing that separates her from Madonna is her lack of artistry, but she definitely checks every other box including the ones you mentioned. I'd also like to add that Rihanna thrived on controversy just like Madonna. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Oh yes, that too! I think Rihanna would be the third most controversial artist of this generation just behind Gaga and Britney. Also, I think Rihanna has found her artistry and identity with her last record, so I think in the future, if she ever thinks about releasing the damn album, there will be much more experimental and different material in her catalog which can close the case of "sHe iS nOt aRtIsTic aT aLl" (no shade to u). Also, can I mention that they both stan Britney? :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh yes, that too! I think Rihanna would be the third most controversial artist of this generation just behind Gaga and Britney. Also, I think Rihanna has found her artistry and identity with her last record, so I think in the future, if she ever thinks about releasing the damn album, there will be much more experimental and different material in her catalog which can close the case of "sHe iS nOt aRtIsTic aT aLl" (no shade to u). Also, can I mention that they both stan Britney? :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

I'm pretty sure Rihanna has been the executive producer of pretty much all of her records since Rated R (not sure about the previous ones), so I can give her that. In that sense, she's like Beyoncé, as she has a creative vision of what she wants each record to be like (and she probably doesn't steal writing credits as much as Bey). :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I'm pretty sure Rihanna has been the executive producer of pretty much all of her records since Rated R (not sure about the previous ones), so I can give her that. In that sense, she's like Beyoncé, as she has a creative vision of what she wants each record to be like (and she probably doesn't steal writing credits as much as Bey). :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Yeah. Even for LOUD and ANTi, she was the executive producer. So she basically does have creative control on her records since she picks and chooses what tracks make the cut, which is a pretty crucial role because u have to pick the right tracks to have a good album. She is pretty underrated when it comes to artistic recognition like Britney.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block