Almost 30 years later, Thalia recreates her iconic looks from the 90's for Vogue México

• Content Curators

OMG not her referring to Christina Aguilera when talking about trashy looks :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: augggg I'm dying.

What an icon, love the way she remembers with such detail all her outfits. This was treat after that album, that I'm now gonna pretend like it never happened :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Absolutely spectacular. Love Ms Lady T

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

33 minutes ago, Midnight said:

OMG not her referring to Christina Aguilera when talking about trashy looks :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: augggg I'm dying.

What an icon, love the way she remembers with such detail all her outfits. This was treat after that album, that I'm now gonna pretend like it never happened :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Absolutely spectacular. Love Ms Lady T

but she made the Britney reference for the outfit she actually liked (well, sort of)

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

This was so worth watching! I wasn’t aware of how much of a fashion icon she is.

She reminded me of Mariah, in the way that they treasure their career memories so much. They remember every little detail about costumes and album eras. The stories behind the costumes are really interesting and it’s really nice to see how the love for her public and fans inspired many of them. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

However, that picture of her with that red heart on the black dress screams iconic.

It’s super iconic. She has so many iconic looks, I feel like the could have included many more. Also, she mentioned Britney in that Vogue video and in a Billboard interview where they asked about the #FreeBritney documentary. Thalia is a huge Britney fan. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not invested into latin pop culture at all. However, that picture of her with that red heart on the black dress screams iconic.

she was very criticized when she started her solo career because up to that point, things like that weren't seen in Latin music. Of course there was already the influence of American artists like Madonna and such, but Mexican/Latin artists had kept a very clean image, at least in pop music.

Then she came out singing about S&M and looking very "provocatively" and it was like :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: Especially after she came from a pop band that was very bubblegum-ish in the 80's.

And then there was also Gloria Trevi looking like this

c6bf0f0f34e519c400c3b3ee310f40a6.jpg

so it was like the beginning of a new generation of artists that started pushing the boundaries of what was correct, especially for TV performances and music videos. 

There's a lot of memes comparing outfits of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, etc, and being like, Thalia did it first a million years ago, and it's true, in a sense she was doing something very similar, maybe with a lower budget :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: and most likely inspired in someone else that came before her, but it was really unheard of at the time, something that had never been seen on television in those years, which had been more conservative historically. 

Captura-de-pantalla-2018-09-12-a-las-12.

captura-de-pantalla-2015-11-19-a-las-10-

Bzc0rTPCAAAGN0C.jpg

So yeah, those photoshoots and album covers were very iconic. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

And it's cool that she's been embracing that era in recent years, since she gained more popularity on social media and got more in touch with the fans, because for the longest time, during the 00's and such, it's like she kinda forgot about all that, but now she's giving those early eras of her career the love that they deserve. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

she was very criticized when she started her solo career because up to that point, things like that weren't seen in Latin music. Of course there was already the influence of American artists like Madonna and such, but Mexican/Latin artists had kept a very clean image, at least in pop music.

Then she came out singing aboud" and it was like :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: Especially after she came from a pop band that was very bubblegum-ish in the 80's.

And then there was also Gloria Trevi looking like this

c6bf0f0f34e519c400c3b3ee310f40a6.jpg

so it was like the beginning of a new generation of artists that started pushing the boundaries of what was correct, especially for TV performances and music videos. 

There's a lot of memes comparing outfits of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, etc, and being like, Thalia did it first a million years ago, and it's true, in a sense she was doing something very similar, maybe with a lower budget :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: and most likely inspired in someone else that came before her, but it was really unheard of at the time, something that had never been seen on television in those years, which had been more conservative historically. 

Captura-de-pantalla-2018-09-12-a-las-12.

captura-de-pantalla-2015-11-19-a-las-10-

Bzc0rTPCAAAGN0C.jpg

So yeah, those photoshoots and album covers were very iconic. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

And it's cool that she's been embracing that era in recent years, since she gained more popularity on social media and got more in touch with the fans, because for the longest time, during the 00's and such, it's like she kinda forgot about all that, but now she's giving those early eras of her career the love that they deserve. 

So basically u can say she is the Britney of the latin pop scene?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block