Would 'Blackout' be considered a trap-pop album today?

5 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

😩😭😭 what is trap to you ? Trap music is hoodΒ Β music get naked is not hoodΒ musicΒ :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:Β T.I is trap music, Young Jeez is trap music Britney is not. I’m black too so I don’t understand why u pointed that outΒ 

Trap music doesn’t not equal hood music, if you’re black you have some soul searching to doΒ :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Like 1
On 5/14/2021 at 11:41 PM, OCBoy1985 said:

Β 

I agree!

Up until Blackout Britney albums got more R&B/Hip Hop influenced with each release. Β  It started with The Britney albumΒ when she started to get some creative control.

I feel like if Britney were able to do what she wanted musically she would be making R&B/Pop like JT or Justin Bieber. Β Britney is probably the only white Pop girl that could get away with doing it too. Β With Britney it comes off natural it doesn't come off forced or like she's trying to be cool it seems organic and Britney has a real love for R&B and Hip Hop music too. Β I mean most of Britney influences are R&B acts (Prince, Janet, Whitney, Toni Braxton).

I always said Blackout should have been re-released with some new songs instead of releasing a new album so soon after the Breakdown. Β Blackout was just too damn good for not enough people to know about it. Β Blackout still goes HARD to this day and don't sound dated 14 yrs later ... every song is single worthy!

In The Zone is her best body of work but Blackout is her best album U can play it straight through noΒ fillers at all!

Blackout re-released as a double disc CD with the 1st disc Blackout and the 2ndΒ with Womanizer, Circus, Unusual You, Blur, Kill The Lights, Amnesia, Mannequin,Β Trouble and Quicksand or Telephone with Beyonce or Gaga.

She also could have gave us the finished versions of Sugarfall, Kiss You and State of Grace on the 2nd disc and also the Break The Ice remix FT Fabolous and Gimme More remix FT Lil' Kim!

Why would you want to include all of those songs from Circus? They don’t even remotely fit the vibe of the album.

If anything give us β€œmodern” remixes of the older songs, then make disc 2 be nothing but unreleased music. Perfect way to release Rebellion as well.Β 

Pop with lots of elements of eurodance and hip hop, but definitelty not trap.

There's this album that came out in late 2020 with lots of trap influences, which translated into a snooze fest, that's what trap is.

Blackout is dynamic and exciting, so no, not trapΒ :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, JMcCoy27 said:

Why would you want to include all of those songs from Circus? They don’t even remotely fit the vibe of the album.

If anything give us β€œmodern” remixes of the older songs, then make disc 2 be nothing but unreleased music. Perfect way to release Rebellion as well.Β 

I said it should have been released as a double CD album with Circus songs on the 2nd disc Unusual You, Blur, Kill The Lights could have been on Blackout.

Also it would have been promoted as a re-release with leftover songs and some new so I don't think it would have been a problem at all.

NOOOOOO. She should release that album now with all of her unreleased songs. Β Nas has done that a lot and the fans really love them and a lot of Brit unreleased songs are better than her official ones.

Circus BT's (Trouble, Amnesia and QS) **** on half of the album cuts.  Circus was filled to the brim with fillers. 😭

• Love 1
On 5/15/2021 at 6:44 AM, patr!ckjean said:

Sorry not sorry but Why Should I Be Sad is garbage thoΒ :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

I always prefered Sugarfall, WSIBS is sweet, but that's it.Β 

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

Blackout is great but it's not ahead of its time

It was very much relying on the trendy 2006 Timbaland signature sound and Danja was a close friend of Timbaland

Β 

Β 

It was! FreakshowΒ consider it is from 2007, still sounded fresh in 2015 and the rest sounded more eurodance than urban actually for the most part, a good mix. Something artists would come up with 3-5 years later.Β 

Wasn't there a rumor for a hot second that she was releasing a 2-disc greatest hits album with some re-recorded, updated versions of her old hits on the 2nd disc?Β  I'd love a Blackout Deluxe edition with a Disc 2 of her other hits reimagined with the darker, clubby vibe that Blackout had.

Executive produced by Britney, of course!

Music Video Flirting GIF

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Alexanda said:

It was! FreakshowΒ consider it is from 2007, still sounded fresh in 2015 and the rest sounded more eurodance than urban actually for the most part, a good mix. Something artists would come up with 3-5 years later.Β 

Freakshow is good but it took inspiration from the 00s dubstep sound created by artists like Skream, Rusko, Mala, Loefah etc , mostly people from the Tempa Records label

It was nothing new even in 2007 , just because a mainstream popstar stole the 00s dubstep sound doesn't mean she invented it

Mainstream artists always do this, they stole ideas from underground sub-cultures