Would 'Blackout' be considered a trap-pop album today?

I feel like it would, nothing about that album is traditionally pop at all. It was more so produced as if it was a hip-hop or trap album.

Thoughts?

Spoiler

I feel like a rerelease of blackout is so necessary right now, with some new rap features too and unrealeases to keep it fresh, and chill , very chill :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

britney-blackout.jpg.6e549aea7c08ed096365f95abc151470.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

I feel like it would, nothing about that album isn’t traditionally pop at all. It was more so produced as if it was a hip-hop or trap album.

Thoughts?

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like a rerelease of blackout is so necessary right now, with some new rap features too and unrealeases to keep it fresh, and chill , very chill :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

I agree!

Up until Blackout Britney albums got more R&B/Hip Hop influenced with each release.   It started with The Britney album when she started to get some creative control.

I feel like if Britney were able to do what she wanted musically she would be making R&B/Pop like JT or Justin Bieber.  Britney is probably the only white Pop girl that could get away with doing it too.  With Britney it comes off natural it doesn't come off forced or like she's trying to be cool it seems organic and Britney has a real love for R&B and Hip Hop music too.  I mean most of Britney influences are R&B acts (Prince, Janet, Whitney, Toni Braxton).

I always said Blackout should have been re-released with some new songs instead of releasing a new album so soon after the Breakdown.  Blackout was just too damn good for not enough people to know about it.  Blackout still goes HARD to this day and don't sound dated 14 yrs later ... every song is single worthy!

In The Zone is her best body of work but Blackout is her best album U can play it straight through no fillers at all!

Blackout re-released as a double disc CD with the 1st disc Blackout and the 2nd with Womanizer, Circus, Unusual You, Blur, Kill The Lights, Amnesia, Mannequin, Trouble and Quicksand or Telephone with Beyonce or Gaga.

She also could have gave us the finished versions of Sugarfall, Kiss You and State of Grace on the 2nd disc and also the Break The Ice remix FT Fabolous and Gimme More remix FT Lil' Kim!

• Love 8
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I agree!

Up until Blackout Britney albums got more R&B/Hip Hop influenced with each release.   It started with The Britney album when she started to get some creative control.

I feel like if Britney were able to do what she wanted musically she would be making R&B/Pop like JT or Justin Bieber.  Britney is probably the only white Pop girl that could get away with doing it too.  With Britney it comes off natural it doesn't come off forced or like she's trying to be cool it seems organic and Britney has a real love for R&B and Hip Hop music too.  I mean most of Britney influences are R&B acts (Prince, Janet, Whitney, Toni Braxton).

I always said Blackout should have been re-released with some new songs instead of releasing a new album so soon after the Breakdown.  Blackout was just too damn good for not enough people to know about it.  Blackout still goes HARD to this day and don't sound dated 14 yrs later ... every song is single worthy!

In The Zone is her best body of work but Blackout is her best album U can play it straight through no fillers at all!

Blackout re-released as a double disc CD with the 1st disc Blackout and the 2nd with Womanizer, Circus, Unusual You, Blur, Kill The Lights, Amnesia, Mannequin, Trouble and Quicksand or Telephone with Beyonce or Gaga.

She also could have gave us the finished versions of Sugarfall, Kiss You and State of Grace on the 2nd disc and also the Break The Ice remix FT Fabolous and Gimme More remix FT Lil' Kim!

Sorry not sorry but Why Should I Be Sad is garbage tho :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 4

i dont think it would be trap... Blackout has always been praised for being unique and setting the music trends for the 2010's music and trap has been mainstream for quite some time now so i dont think it makes much sense to think that it would be a trap album if released today... It would probably have a very unexpected sound in my opinion if released in 2021 

• Love 1
  • Like 3